Just so we’re clear once and for all, Garrett likely isn’t going to be fired

CapnB

Reaction score
This might be the skeptic coming out or me bring a glass is half empty, but I see it more like 2 of the 3 other teams in the NFCE won superbowls while Garrett was treading water in his era.

I get that. And there is no lies there. But man, he had a winning record against the other 3 teams in this division and by a wide margin. Now, where he struggled at was the rest of the league. lol

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
His contract expires in 14 days and the most likely scenario is that it simply isn’t renewed. We save no money by terminating him over the next two weeks. None of that prevents us from interviewing and hiring someone else prior to that.

Im surprised this fairly straight forward and obvious information is being so overlooked by fans and the media a like. Everyone being so up in arms he hasn’t been “fired” is silly.
What straight forward and obvious information is being overlooked? Why is he interviewing Garrett a 2nd time? Jerry has a twisted relationship ship with his stepson and I am worried!!!

This thread is just about attention! Why do you want negative attention?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Waiting till the 14th would make it almost impossible for JG to get another job as an HC this season if that is what he wants.

But but but. . .JG is #1 on everyone's list. That sports guy said so. Every teams GM is perched on the edge of his couch just waiting for Jerry to confirm that Garrett is being set free from the asylum so they can be the first to beg for his HC services...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
There seems to be more people who think Garrett will be offered a HC job than I expected. Has anyone even heard any Rumors that any other team is interested? Surely something would be floating around with the number of positions open. It is hard for me to imagine ANY team in the league being interested in him in any capacity. Not even as a position coach.
He’s not getting a HCing job anywhere, but Dallas. That should worry everyone who wants Garrett gone.

As dumb, as most all of us know it is, Jerry May be bringing back his stepson!
Why the 2nd interview if Jerry is giving Garrett the boot?

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Jerry loves him some Garrett but I don’t know what to make of this. One would think that Dallas lets him go today so Jason can get to the job search before everything is filled. Well, here we are and nothing has changed.

This tells me that Garrett will be here next season in some capacity, HC or moved upstairs. It is unfair to JG to string him along and I don’t see the Jones’ doing that to him.

Even if Jerry has his new HC all but signed ahead of time, he wouldn’t keep Garrett around to wonder. Something is amiss here and we are the fools for speculating.

I warned many not to trust Jerry, he won’t do what most expect. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in the future that Garrett talked his way out of his own release.
This worries me as well. The only thing that makes sense to me is they are strategically looking at a way to sell an extension to the fans. Something like Jerry giving Garrett full reigns to pick his own staff to buy one more season. Then they would have to hope for injuries to Dak or Zeke to buy a year after that.

Jerry knows that the fan drop off after announcing an extension would be historic. It’s in the air now. How many times has anyone seen a policy reminder on a message board against starting any “movement” to leave the team. I for one am serious about giving up this team for the foreseeable future and I have a feeling tens of thousands feel the same. Fans can only take so much before we realize Jerry doesn’t care about his teams fans.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
But but but. . .JG is #1 on everyone's list. That sports guy said so. Every teams GM is perched on the edge of his couch just waiting for Jerry to confirm that Garrett is being set free from the asylum so they can be the first to beg for his HC services...

:lmao2:

RoboQB

Reaction score
Hmmm.

I get that he won't be fired.
Based on what Jay Glazer reported, his contract is up on
Wednesday. The thought was that contract would just expire.

Now, perhaps the guy considered to be the best with all the insider stuff
may have mispoken. But I haven't seen it corrected by anyone in
the business of knowing.

Can anyone bring me up to speed on this?

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I get that. And there is no lies there. But man, he had a winning record against the other 3 teams in this division and by a wide margin. Now, where he struggled at was the rest of the league. lol
Agreed. At least for all of our sakes we know exactly how he game plans. Especially that he doesn’t change no matter who he coaches and our next HC will. It will be nice being the team that knows exactly what they are about to run before the play starts for a change.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Washington didn’t even go through the formalities even just to hear his pitch. The worst part about it is I wouldn’t have been disappointed if Rivera were the next HC of the Cowboys.

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry is probably asking JG to consult on the new coaching staff etc for goodness sakes..........

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
His contract expires in 14 days and the most likely scenario is that it simply isn’t renewed. We save no money by terminating him over the next two weeks. None of that prevents us from interviewing and hiring someone else prior to that.

Im surprised this fairly straight forward and obvious information is being so overlooked by fans and the media a like. Everyone being so up in arms he hasn’t been “fired” is silly.
Man don’t spoil my fun!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m legit worried now. They met with him for almost two hours today and couldn’t finish, so they’ve asked him to come back tomorrow to meet again.

Quite simply, that’s not how this works. If they were going to simply let his contract expire, they’d let him know in the first 5 minutes of the meeting and there wouldn’t be much else to discuss.
:muttley: I keep falling down on the floor.:lmao: