Just start over

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think after 3 seasons of campo going 5-11 we did a restart.
When that loser got 3 years to go 15-33 I knew Jerry wasn’t serious about winning. Year 2 at same record should’ve gotten him launched and it didn’t.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think after 3 seasons of campo going 5-11 we did a restart.
I wonder what may have not happened if Jerry didn't need stayjum funding.

Would he still have hired Bilpursells?

I wonder what he would do in two years after two more 2020s.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

I think Dallas needs to be one of those teams.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.

Nice post. This went through my head yesterday. I want to win badly but we can’t get out of our own way and I honestly don’t think we are close if they keep some of the same guys who aren’t putting in the effort. I see talent but I’m not sure we are building right. I just keep seeing mediocre and I want to pick a direction. If it’s SN or bust they need to go big

elcowboi

Reaction score
The salary cap is about to drop, and NFL teams seem to be tiring of high-priced middling veteran players that are constantly nursing injuries and making very little impact on season results.

I believe, like many others do, that we are about to see a sea of salary dumps in the NFL in the coming weeks.

Big contracts don't make sense on below average football teams. When you're this bad defensively, and your offense is this inefficient at scoring touchdowns, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep the young studs you have, but look to trade or dump everybody else. Start over.

My fan side wants to go after Stafford or Rodgers, then try to nab some key defensive guys that are available. But that doesn't really make sense.

This is a fractured and dysfunctional franchise that needs to be honest with itself for once. This team isn't likable in the least. It doesn't really care. The best players are not the most committed players. It's a house of cards 365 days a year.

End this.

The Cowboys have been starting over since 95'

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think many are even fans. I know of at least one guy who creates multiple accounts using VPNs and trolls at least Texas sports message boards.

I just take stupid takes like that to expand my ignore list. It's very seldom they actually post worthwhile content anyway. The entire goal is to spread cynicism and control the narrative. When they're screaming into the void it doesn't do anything though.
Is he on this site? I've always known this happened just didn't really have any proof. I know most of it is trolling though. That's so pathetic though...why go to those lengths and extremes?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
but if they do that, I might lose one of my half-hearted players who are here just for the money. And some of the QB groupies would be on 24-hour watch because of the heartbreak. sad but true.

CWR

Reaction score
Well boo-hoo-hoo

You're wrong. This team will be in the playoffs next year.

basel90

Reaction score

End this.
Very accurate assessment. The cowboys need so much to fix this team . Lots of overpaid players already on the roster . A rebuild start is the logical option starting with drawing the line for dak to take a reasonable offer or trade him .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

End this.
the salary drop is one for 2021 due to covid. its expected to go back up and its a problem all 32 teams have to deal with. the streets are going to be flooded with older veterans, that might get pushed out in favor of younger player. so its a bit of cleansing (think Poe who should have been out of the league last year). 2022 we probably go back to mostly normal and by 2023 and 2024 salary cap is going to take a huge huge jump after TV contract negotiations (think yahoo, amazon, few others jumping into the frey along with ESPN, ABS, CBS, Fox, NBC).

we have a fairly young offense, except for Tyron, which if one of the top 2 tackles is available, then I wouldn't mind taking one of them....and then saying thanks to Tyron....

defense needs some help, but I think a lot of the problems with defense was scheme and lack of off season to implement. so lets draft defense, defense, defense, defense and give Quinn one year to implement his system, lets see where we are...I don't want to sign any FAs unless they are young and fairly cheap with some up side.....no mid level or high priced FAs...wait until 2022 and see where we are and then draft.

no need to start over..

btw, I am against Stafford, who sucks and injured. Rodgers maybe good, but last time he got to the superbowl is 10 years ago. and he complains too much and has become a premadonna.

plus, if you want to start over, those are not the guys you start over with, an often injured QB, with back problems and a 37 year old!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question but what the Dallas defense needs to be revamped, or rebuilt, whatever you'd like to call it. The offense is in need of some help at OT but otherwise, should be able to do well enough. We'll have 10 draft picks to supplement our needs and wants. Let's hope they help and that veteran free agency supplies some capable backup help at a reasonable cost. I really doubt blowing up the entire team is an advisable move. o_O

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There are problems are all over the organization, starting right in the owner’s office. We are looking at a long, hard road ahead.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

End this.

The cap squeeze is going to really hammer the free agent market.

It's not just a lower salary cap, but a lower cap than teams had *planned* for. Contracts pre 2020 were written expecting a lot more cap available. Teams will be scrambling to drop overpriced contracts, but they'll still keep some, leaving them severely cash strapped for free agency, even relative to the lower cap level.

Would have been a great year to have a lot of free cap.

plymkr

Reaction score
I wonder what may have not happened if Jerry didn't need stayjum funding.

Would he still have hired Bilpursells?

I wonder what he would do in two years after two more 2020s.
Exactly, if Jerry didn't want his narcissistic stadium then we may have been 5-11 for the last 17 years.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This team is in far better shape than you portray it to be. No offseason, bad DC and injuries just killed them last year. No reason to blow it up. The offense will be fine. Special teams took a big leap and was much better last year. The Cowboys need to fill some holes on defense and finally have a DC that looks like a big upgrade. I'm excited to see this team next September. They definitely win the east. Let's see what happens from there.

The defense is more holes than wall. We're in good shape at DE, but that's it.

On the bright side, we're 10th in the draft and have comp picks in 3, 4, 5. We've got plenty of draft ammo to work with to fill the defense.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The defense is more holes than wall. We're in good shape at DE, but that's it.

On the bright side, we're 10th in the draft and have comp picks in 3, 4, 5. We've got plenty of draft ammo to work with to fill the defense.
I'm a little less hopeful when the 4th and 5th from this past year (which was supposed to be a legendary draft) barely suited up all season.