CFZ Karma is knocking on JJ’s Door

MyFairLady

Reaction score
At the end of the day you will pretty much always be remembered for what you were in life. Super Jerry will always be remembered as the fun loving billionaire owner of the Dallas Cowboys. He will be remembered for being a failure after Jimmy left. He will be remembered for being a booze hound and he will be remembered for having an affinity for younger ladies. Basically he is your prototypical low life billionaire.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After seeing Jerry very briefly as he addressed the media the other day, it was sadly obvious- he has become a pathetic old echo chamber. He only listens to those who tell him what he wants to hear. He only speaks to those who won’t call him out. That circle is shrinking.

Fewer fans are buying the kool aid. Fewer still think he has any credibility left. He’s become a shallow character- a carnival barker who’s getting old; the old tricks don’t work any more- and even he knows it. His past multitude of skeletons once hidden in payoffs and non-disclosure agreements are being discovered- even those he thought his money could silence. Welcome to the digital age Jerry.

Karma is knocking on his door. And Karma cannot be paid off and doesn’t sign NDAs. Everywhere he turns these days, mirrors are popping up. The clock is ticking louder and louder. His once vibrant energy has faded. He looks old and his charade of trying to prove he is a football guru is now only accepted within the family circle and the fewer and fewer fans who love him anyway.

The day Jerry heard Jimmy was elected to the HOF may have been the worse day in his life. In his mind, his HOF election now probably takes a backseat to Jimmy’s. Because Jerry is in the hall as a “contributor”. Jimmy is in as head coach. It’s obvious who the “football man” is.

Yep. Better answer the door Jerry. Karma is on the front porch and she can’t be bought or silenced. Karma is undefeated. The clock nears midnight. Maybe it’s time to change your ways.
I don't understand why a fan would constantly badger the owner of the team that he follows or why a mod would want to stir things ups? Why? Why are you here, if you are so miserable? I don't get it.....

DonaldM

Reaction score
I don't understand why a fan would constantly badger the owner of the team that he follows or why a mod would want to stir things ups? Why? Why are you here, if you are so miserable? I don't get it.....
You tell em Ranching. We need a good argument around here it's getting boring.

Motorola

Reaction score
After seeing Jerry very briefly as he addressed the media the other day, it was sadly obvious- he has become a pathetic old echo chamber. He only listens to those who tell him what he wants to hear. He only speaks to those who won’t call him out. That circle is shrinking.

Fewer fans are buying the kool aid. Fewer still think he has any credibility left. He’s become a shallow character- a carnival barker who’s getting old; the old tricks don’t work any more- and even he knows it. His past multitude of skeletons once hidden in payoffs and non-disclosure agreements are being discovered- even those he thought his money could silence. Welcome to the digital age Jerry.

Karma is knocking on his door. And Karma cannot be paid off and doesn’t sign NDAs. Everywhere he turns these days, mirrors are popping up. The clock is ticking louder and louder. His once vibrant energy has faded. He looks old and his charade of trying to prove he is a football guru is now only accepted within the family circle and the fewer and fewer fans who love him anyway.

The day Jerry heard Jimmy was elected to the HOF may have been the worse day in his life. In his mind, his HOF election now probably takes a backseat to Jimmy’s. Because Jerry is in the hall as a “contributor”. Jimmy is in as head coach. It’s obvious who the “football man” is.

Yep. Better answer the door Jerry. Karma is on the front porch and she can’t be bought or silenced. Karma is undefeated. The clock nears midnight. Maybe it’s time to change your ways.
The issue is most fans are casual in nature and don't get overly involved in the offseason and they will keep the seats filled.
And because a lot Cowboys Fans are purely football season only: September = kickoff of the opening game through January = whistle at 0:00 in the 4th qtr of the last game.
'Bobhaze' - surprizing at it may be, many fans of Dallas take no notice of the owner (especially those that don't reside in metro DFW and Texas). They pay no attention to Jones - his interviews, press conferences, the sports networks coverage of him when those moments come up.
Even with the daily internet access of all things about this franchise - many followers don't partake in that exercise year-round like you, 'Doomsday', myself, most CZers, and fans that connect to other Dallas Cowboys sites and forums.
I'm not stating that they are unaware of Jones' failings and flaws - especially regarding those connected to running the team. They just choose to focus on the players and their performances during the seasons. And so be it if the results fall short....they still put in the support, and bring their excitement and hope every year.

And in the end - like a number of people have posted - it just entertainment.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How is it sad? I also truly dislike the “hate” words on this board. It’s a message board where you write opinions. Bob probably writes the most lucid and comprehensive posts on here. The most I see of the likes of you, Jazz and others is no opinion at all. It’s always broached like this…”here comes “poster and/or haters, complaining.” What is that accomplishing? It’s not a valid opinion on anything. Just makes you feel better and I’m not sure why.

Here is the reality of the Cowboys. There is a group here that have watched them from the 60/70s until now, myself included. Half their fandom was 25 years of “Super Bowl or bust” and greatness. Another 25 has been the total opposite with one man at the helm with no repercussions. It’s pretty natural for frustration to set in. The fact that you think everyone here should just love Jerry, keep the faith, don’t complain and just follow protocol is silly. This team is a money maker but Jerry was much more successful with the on field product being a wildcatter than the dog and pony weve seen the last 10-12 years. I’m not talking simplistic records either. Just going for broke or a team with some spine. There is no hate. They just don’t have the ability to build a team with “it” lately snd it’s a trickle down from them. I think we are all here to see that happen again. Just hard to trust the process.
BH and I are good buds from the old official forums. He absolutely writes some of the most informed and lucid posts around. But, to include Jerry's NDA with his current legal battle with his supposed biological daughter and compare it with how he has failed to manage and run this team for the past 26+ years is kind of vindictive in my opinion since first of all his personal dealings with his family should be off limits, and secondly, everyone knows how Jerry fights to support his employees, personnel, coaches and players to a fault, which is the opposite of what he's currently doing in court with his current personal issue. That's not karma. That's just being mean.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a very sad thread. Very disappointed in some of you whom I truly respect. Why watch all of these past 26 years if you truly hate Jerry and his family that much...or how they run their business...or the product they have fielded year in and year out? It's like hating on the sweat-shop made products at Walmart, yet you keep shopping there and have made Walmart the #1 retailer around the world.
I do not see it that way. I was a fan long before he showed up and I actually do not have a problem with him running his business. I have never financially supported it but I have devoted time to it.

I was a Mavs fan until I couldn't take Cuban any longer and a Rangers fan until Hicks became too much; however, the history does not run nearly as deep and I no longer care for basketball or baseball.

I agree it is a strange situation being attached to a team and disliking the family that owns and operates it. Especially when two of those family members force their faces and voices on us.

But AC, the difference between this owner and every other owner in the world of a sport franchise is that they do put their face as the face of their franchise so the hate the ugly turd gets is deserved and earned. I worship the ground that will cover his coffin.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BH and I are good buds from the old official forums. He absolutely writes some of the most informed and lucid posts around. But, to include Jerry's NDA with his current legal battle with his supposed biological daughter and compare it with how he has failed to manage and run this team for the past 26+ years is kind of vindictive in my opinion since first of all his personal dealings with his family should be off limits, and secondly, everyone knows how Jerry fights to support his employees, personnel, coaches and players to a fault, which is the opposite of what he's currently doing in court with his current personal issue. That's not karma. That's just being mean.
Again, he invites this through his perpetuating self-promotion of himself.

If you look back on it, you can find some very unflattering things about Clint Murchison but that wasn't exposed as much because he wasn't a spotlight seeker.

Dealing with and using the media as he has tried to do for so long in like a snake charmer, he's going to get bitten sooner or later. That happened with strippergate and it's happening now with daughtergate. AC, how many rich men do you think have this same situation as Booger has now? The difference is they haven't tried to use the media because the media always uses back.

What he's getting now he deserves and I am loving it. I wonder if his pastor did a special adultery sermon after he heard about this? Hope so and he squirmed like a drunk in the amen corner.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Ok! Well written. Just wanted to know why you thought that. I’m not a massive fan on how things have been done the last 10 yrs but I try to stay out of personal stuff unless it affects how things operate. I think some may feel recent events are close. Honestly I know a few people in and around the family for years so I always heard foo much to start. Have a good one!

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Karma knocking at the door????????? Dude, karma has blown the hinges off every door at ATT...................... NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not miserable at all. I’m having as much fun as always. Although it’s always more fun when the Cowboys win. This is a fan opinion forum. Just a place for fans to express opinions. My thoughts here were just that Jerry seems to have had some Karma coming at him. That’s not “hate”.

I think Jerry is probably a way better person than he is GM. And as a Cowboys fan, I think Jerry is the biggest obstacle to us winning. That’s not hate. It’s an opinion.