KC Trades Tyreek Hill to Miami for multiple picks

Redline360

Reaction score
And that is great, yet when Dallas won the SB in the 90's Irvin wanted and got Jerry Rice money or else he would walk, Emmitt wanted Berry Sanders money or else he would walk and we know he held out until he got it. Guys who play this game expect to get paid and if you can't do it they will look to someone else who can. Not difficult to understand.

Well duh cause that's how most people think. The mass majority of professionals come from nothing and see money as the holy grail. To me when your already getting paid stupid amounts of money that will last generations to come no need to ask for everything. Rather have a ring then the extra money.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Kind of a weird trade. Dolphins aren't a player away from winning and they gave up a huge haul and yet KC is in their 'win now' window and gave up their best WR... but then again, they can shore up a lot of holes with all those draft picks

KC did a 180°on what Jerry would have done.
One player doesn't make a team, but that draft haul, whilst retaining CAP money to maintain the rest of the roster certainly sustains The Chiefs as contenders.

I suppose if you've got a Franchise QB it doesn't really matter who's at WR as he'll find him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the reality here is that they did not want to sign him next year since he is the last year of his deal and they got something for him. They will miss him though!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
too bad our QB can't make any wr good enough to be considered in any good trades. we got a 5th out of a 1. lol good job.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I have a few thoughts on this trade:

1. I definitely think the Chiefs have taken a step back, Hill opened up the whole field for that offense
2. I got a sick feeling in my stomach knowing that the Browns got Cooper for a 5th
3. The winds have changed in the NFL, thanks primarily to the Rams, alot of teams have flat out went for it this offseason, mortgaging draft capital and making blockbuster trade deals....while we're stuck trying to sign the Dorance Armstrong's of the world in a week long battle.

I'm not sure how all these moves shake out in the future, but they say it's a copy cat league, someone needs to clue in the 2 clowns in our FO...better get busy...because our best move this offseason was getting Lawrence to re-do his deal, and I'm not even kidding

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
we paid ours already 2 years ago needed cap room they just cut there's and wouldn't pay,..they would have had to do the same 2 years from now..its apples to oranges..they are being cheap we already had AC at 20 and harder to trade for more picks, got it.. its the same in both teams moved players to save money., get over it they have a huge hole now IMO we do not ac didnt leave as big hole as we have lamb and Gallup.

Dude are you serious. This is throwing poo on a wall..what you just wrote. Hill signed a 3 year extension in 2019..3 yrs and 54 mil. He’s helped them to multiple SBs. They then traded his for 5 picks including a 1st and 2nd. They also added JuJu and others this off season and now can draft guys. We got a 5th and a hole. The fact that you are shoveling it’s similar gives you zero credibility. Stop trying

If you want to argue they got worse. Fair because he’s a game changer. Just don’t act like we are in the same boat because they are set to replenish.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Think about this in the draft value chart. The Chiefs got 1188 points on all picks combined for Hill. The Cowboys got 32 points for Cooper, the trade up value(4) and pick in 5th(28) I actually rounded those up to whole numbers. 1188/32=37.125 Meaning Hill is 37X better than Cooper, or the Jones' are utter garbage at dealing and negotiating- you decide.

Yes and yet people are still arguing we are in similar spots

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Now KC can go out, get Will Fuller, draft another WR high, get another pass rusher with the other pick, AND re-sign Mathieu with all the cap space they saved

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
so did moving Amari and Adams no different our fans react totally different whn its us moving players or other teams.
its leaves huge hole at #1 WR for them.yet its nice haul LOL

It also means top WRs in the draft are coming off the board fast.....one tweet implied the Packers may double-dip the 1st round with their two picks

75boyz

Reaction score
I have a few thoughts on this trade:

1. I definitely think the Chiefs have taken a step back, Hill opened up the whole field for that offense
2. I got a sick feeling in my stomach knowing that the Browns got Cooper for a 5th
3. The winds have changed in the NFL, thanks primarily to the Rams, alot of teams have flat out went for it this offseason, mortgaging draft capital and making blockbuster trade deals....while we're stuck trying to sign the Dorance Armstrong's of the world in a week long battle.

I'm not sure how all these moves shake out in the future, but they say it's a copy cat league, someone needs to clue in the 2 clowns in our FO...better get busy...because our best move this offseason was getting Lawrence to re-do his deal, and I'm not even kidding

I see Anger as the best offseason move. They could cut HotBoy tomorrow for all I care, lol.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It also means top WRs in the draft are coming off the board fast.....one tweet implied the Packers may double-dip the 1st round with their two picks
Let's hope, we don't want another 1st rd receiver when the OL can't even block.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
so did moving Amari and Adams no different our fans react totally different whn its us moving players or other teams.
its leaves huge hole at #1 WR for them.yet its nice haul LOL

They got a lot more than a 5th round pick. That's why people react differently. :rolleyes:

John813

Reaction score
I’m not sure I can remember an offseason where we’ve seen more big names traded. Russell Wilson, Carson Wentz, Deshaun Watson and Tyreek Hill. Baker Mayfield could end up being traded.

I like it. Always never cared in the past how few trades the NFL had in relation to MLB/NBA/NHL.