KC Trades Tyreek Hill to Miami for multiple picks

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just your typical person that only cares about money. Like 90% of all sports now

Goes from a contender to a nobody.

Imagine that...already won a title and now thinking about life after the age of 30.

The idea that sports professionals should sacrifice anything for winning is completely ridiculous. It's admirable, but it's also ridiculous. I would bet the majority are drafted to teams they don't even care about. Besides that, they don't have 30 years of earning power like the rest of us. Some do through TV gigs, but I think the average is around 3 years of NFL time. They have a short window and they'd be stupid to not make the most of it. Hell, if he fell off next year while staying in KC, they'd probably let him go to free agency or cut him outright.

I don't blame any athlete for getting the most they can. At some point, professional sports ends. It's not my money so good for him.

Redline360

Reaction score
So amassing money is a sin? Lol. You live in the wrong country if so.

Nope. Massive difference from your average person income to sport star income lol.

5m for a chance of a ring or 10m to play for a **** organization. 5m all the way.

50k for a normal job or 100k for a normal job....100k duh

Last edited:

Redline360

Reaction score
Imagine that...already won a title and now thinking about life after the age of 30.

The idea that sports professionals should sacrifice anything for winning is completely ridiculous. It's admirable, but it's also ridiculous. I would bet the majority are drafted to teams they don't even care about. Besides that, they don't have 30 years of earning power like the rest of us. Some do through TV gigs, but I think the average is around 3 years of NFL time. They have a short window and they'd be stupid to not make the most of it. Hell, if he fell off next year while staying in KC, they'd probably let him go to free agency or cut him outright.

I don't blame any athlete for getting the most they can. At some point, professional sports ends. It's not my money so good for him.

He's already set for life he could walk away now. His kids family is set for life and the generation pass that.

Just because you would take the money doesn't mean I would.

More people need the mentality of Brady in professional sports. This is not real world talk with blue collar money

Motorola

Reaction score
Maybe that is the reason but they just gave up their top weapon for unknowns. Much easier to defend that team without Tyreek HIll on it. Bad move IMO.
Chiefs now have 2 picks each in rounds 1 through 4.
I am not saying there is a prospect that has the ability or skills of Hill.
But the word is that the 2022 is a deep WR draft - and KC has a quite a few opportunities to find a player that has the potential to be a WR #1 (along with improving the roster at other positions).

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Nope. Massive difference from your average person income to sport star income lol.

5m for a chance of a ring or 10m to play for a **** organization. 5m all the way.

50k for a normal job or 100k for a normal job....100k duh

Lol. What lawn chairs should he have at his house too, while you're at it. Flex of thought sure does get constricted when the topic of others' big paydays comes up. Wonder why.

Redline360

Reaction score
Lol. What lawn chairs should he have at his house too, while you're at it. Flex of thought sure does get constricted when the topic of others' big paydays comes up. Wonder why.

He's going to get paid ridiculous amounts of money regardless what he would have done anyways. If I'm playing the game I love I'm playing for it all over some extra money when I already going to make more then 90% of the population will ever earn.

All I'm saying.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He's already set for life he could walk away now. His kids family is set for life and the generation pass that.

Just because you would take the money doesn't mean I would.

More people need the mentality of Brady in professional sports. This is not real world talk with blue collar money

The guy who didn't stay with the team that drafted him? lol

Redline360

Reaction score
The guy who didn't stay with the team that drafted him? lol

It's rare for a sport athlete to stay on one team there entire career. Could be a thousand reasons. Brady could have asked for the bank going to the bucs but didnt. I believe he's also restructuring his contract for them to free up cap space again

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jets-offered-chiefs-tyreek-hill-175225902.html

The Jets didn’t land Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, but not for a lack of trying.

Joe Douglas offered the 35th, 38th and 69th picks in exchange for Hill and the 103rd pick, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The Chiefs would have accepted that package, Schefter added, but only if Hill wanted to go to the Jets.

In the end, Hill chose the Dolphins, who traded their first-, second- and fourth-round picks in 2022 as well as their fourth- and sixth-round picks in 2023, per Schefter. Miami also agreed to terms with Hill on a four-year, $120 million contract extension with $72.2 million guaranteed.

The lack of a first-round pick in the Jets’ offer is a bit shocking considering New York owns the fourth and 10th overall selections, but New York’s proposed trade was actually more valuable than Miami’s. The Jets would have sent 1,305 points in the deal, according to the Jimmy Johnson draft pick value chart and received Hill and 88 points back. The Dolphins, meanwhile, sent between 1087-1092 points back in 2022 draft pick compensation as well as two more late-round picks in 2023.

Motorola

Reaction score
I have a few thoughts on this trade:

1. I definitely think the Chiefs have takena step back, Hill opened up the whole field for that offense
2. I got a sick feeling in my stomach knowing that the Browns got Cooper for a 5th
3. The winds have changed in the NFL, thanks primarily to the Rams, alot of teams have flat out went for it this offseason, mortgaging draft capital and making blockbuster trade deals....while we're stuck trying to sign the Dorance Armstrong's of the world in a week long battle.

I'm not sure how all these moves shake out in the future, but they say it's a copy cat league, someone needs to clue in the 2 clowns in our FO...better get busy...because our best move this offseason was getting Lawrence to re-do his deal, and I'm not even kidding
KC already was showing chinks in the armor the last two postseasons -
(Injured) OLine in Super Bowl LV had Mahomes running for his life in the rout
The QB wunderkind himself played terrible in the AFCCG 2nd half.
These extra picks will enable them to retool their roster on the on the fly...but the Chiefs #15 is going to have to make better on field decisions to better compliment his athletic ability and passing skills.

dckid

Reaction score
5 picks. 1st and 2nd this year. Plus a couple 4ths and 5th.

Actually I can give KC a pass on a move like this, as Mahomes can still play at a high level for 12 plus years.
In the short term they are less likely to compete for a SB, long term its more neutral. KC will take a step down, the AFC is coming strong.
Cincy beat them this year, and Buffalo should have won the SB as I thought they were the most complete team.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Interesting trade.

Not sure who it favors to be honest. Hill is the most dangerous receiver in the league and he’s still in his prime.

Mahomes regressed a little last year. Not sure trading his biggest weapon will help that.

Kelce will be 33 in October and could start declining.

plasticman

Reaction score
This is another example of why the Patriots will probably be the last NFL dynasty. In fact, we may never again see a back to back SB champion.

A team wins a championship or appears to be a year away.

The quarterback is given a huge paycheck to insure the team will remain in contention. This means other important elements of the team must be sacrificed in order to pay the QB.

As a result, the team is weakened to the point where they cannot remain in contention unless they receive some value in exchange for sacrificing those other elements.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I knew Hill’s value would go down once Parsons beat him in the NFL’s fastest man race….

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jets-offered-chiefs-tyreek-hill-175225902.html

The Jets didn’t land Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, but not for a lack of trying.

Joe Douglas offered the 35th, 38th and 69th picks in exchange for Hill and the 103rd pick, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The Chiefs would have accepted that package, Schefter added, but only if Hill wanted to go to the Jets.

In the end, Hill chose the Dolphins, who traded their first-, second- and fourth-round picks in 2022 as well as their fourth- and sixth-round picks in 2023, per Schefter. Miami also agreed to terms with Hill on a four-year, $120 million contract extension with $72.2 million guaranteed.

The lack of a first-round pick in the Jets’ offer is a bit shocking considering New York owns the fourth and 10th overall selections, but New York’s proposed trade was actually more valuable than Miami’s. The Jets would have sent 1,305 points in the deal, according to the Jimmy Johnson draft pick value chart and received Hill and 88 points back. The Dolphins, meanwhile, sent between 1087-1092 points back in 2022 draft pick compensation as well as two more late-round picks in 2023.

Any player who opts to go the Jets is an idiot, not surprised Hill didn't want to go there...

Tussinman

Reaction score
Interesting trade.

Not sure who it favors to be honest. Hill is the most dangerous receiver in the league and he’s still in his prime.

Mahomes regressed a little last year. Not sure trading his biggest weapon will help that.

Kelce will be 33 in October and could start declining.
I'd favor Kansas

They get 2x top 50 picks plus save 16.5 million on the cap on a roster bonus that Hill was due.

Hill is an elite receiver but 2x top 50 picks and that much cap can upgrade the 3 weakest positions on the roster.

Miami is thin at both o-line and linebacker so those picks (along with the cap there giving Hill) would of greatly improved the team