Keep Dalton?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d say yes, but ONLY if it’s cheap and easy.

“Watch the zany antics of ‘Gilbert & The Nooch’, tonight at 8, on CBS!”
I’m not familiar with the Nooch? Is that Network TV. Lol

But I’d say pay Dalton. Solid backup.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
BS there are many before Dak got hurt that did not want him here, Gilbert played decent vs the #1 defense at the time and did so with very little time in the system.
Agree. The only way Dallas' backups will improve is if they play. Dalton was horrible & a waste of money. Glad he's gone!

Motorola

Reaction score
I agree, However he showed he could come in a play well as a backup. Developmental QB I would consider that to be a guy like DiNucci or another late rd or undrafted pick that you intended to work with, without being in a rush. Romo was that guy for 4 years before he set foot on the field. I have no issue with Gilbert being a backup at a low cost but a 3rd QB I fully expect him to be a developmental project
Romo was just 23 when he signed with Dallas in 2003. And it was 7 games into his 4th season when he became the starter...and was just 6 months past his 26th birthday.
Gilbert will be 30 when training camp starts in July.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Damn the torpedoes,,,YES !

*He proved out to be a + force multiplier in the passing attack scheme, in regards to on target accuracy o_O

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Depending upon our own free agent signings, we may not get anything for him.

If that's the case, we'll have to live with it. If not, perhaps we'll be compelled to accept whatever his loss involves.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought we got our what 3 million worth out of him. Best back up we’ve had in years. We actually win a few games with him. It’s been awhile for a backup here to win multiple games in relief . 2010 I think?

And he wants to stay close to home. He’s a true Texan. That’s means something to us locals.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would Dalton want to stay here? Pretty sure he proved he is capable, especially vs some of these really bad QB's out there. He may not command 30 a year but he can get more than what we have him last year to start somewhere.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think with all the many teams who have no QB or terrible QBs, Dalton probably has a chance to start somewhere else. Unless he just wants to stay in Dallas for personal reasons...I’d think he wants to play and start. I don’t think he’s very good but better than some out there.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
You'll still have a ginger for back-up, but not Dalton.

vpto9d3x5hbwxbkbjlut

Quick question. Are the suspenders denim?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d say yes, but ONLY if it’s cheap and easy.

“Watch the zany antics of ‘Gilbert & The Nooch’, tonight at 8, on CBS!”
Dalton will cost more, especially because he wants to be a starter. And I believe some team will throw more cash than he’s worth at him. Few vet QBs worth anything are cheap.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It's more of a question whether Dalton keeps us! He still has starter aspirations.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sad dak slobbers. I guess you slobbers didn't see Dalton playing behind the bad offensive line. Dak lost one guy and the whole offensive line was bad according to you groupie girls. l would like to see the gimp dak behind the backup backups for a season.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dalton will cost more, especially because he wants to be a starter. And I believe some team will throw more cash than he’s worth at him. Few vet QBs worth anything are cheap.

Most likely!