Keep the focus on the cause, not the symptoms

75boyz

Reaction score
Like I have been saying for years...
Yes, Jerry hires the coach.
Yes, Jerry drafts the QB.

BUT in the present case he hired a SB winning coach.
And his QB that he drafted was a league MVP runnerup last year.
SO AT SOME POINT
the SB winning head coach and runner up MVP 60 mil dollar QB

have to not suck at playoff football.

And neither one of them looks to be able to even make the playoffs this year.

So while it was ultimately Jerry doing the hiring and drafting of these 2, they are not just given a free pass to suck at their jobs.

NFL success triangle is GM, HC and QB.

We are 0 for 3 in all three positions.
IF we went 2 for 3 as in elite HC and QB or even just an elite QB, we could manage wins in spite of Jerry.

And I'm as far from a Jerry apologist as you'll find.
It's just McFraud and Dak suck at playoff football and they share their own portion of blame in all of this.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep. That’s where I’m at as well. Ok we suk. We have limitations with our ownership. Now, once we accept those handicaps how can we limp along best we can.
But that very ownership just allocated over $90m CAP on two players that aren't rising their game).
Yes, it's ultimately Jerry's fault, but Mike and Dak aren't the solution.
Dak and Jerry are indelibly linked....well they are to us fans that suggested Dak plays for his 2025 contract (even if it cost more).

kskboys

Reaction score
This just wasted my time if you just type the last sentence of your long statement. You hate Jerry Jones, that is fine.
But the problem is not just Jerry, you can blame him for all the things. The problem is everywhere especially the QB.
When all other player of the team kept fighting and then boom!! the QB threw another interception. That is the issue.
You are completely incorrect. The problem IS Jerry. Everything, all our problems comes down to that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I never expected even a close game vs. the 49ers, so it's really not shocking to me. This team is garbage and is run by a clown. Wrap your head around that and you quickly understand.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'll say it again.......Jerry has a Maybach (franchise worth) with old Pinto parts (roster creation). Oil leaking, exhaust smoking, ride is bumpy, engine noisy.

For the youngsters.......A Pinto:

ed8c801e04693a10ea9ddd8050414238.jpg

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
jerry jones does not know how to build a competitive,championship roster.
he is incompetent.
until jerry the owner fires jerry the gm...nothing changes.
It is beyond that now. Jerry has become so egotistical that he is running the football operations contrary to any and all good advice simply because he views any suggestions as people trying to tell him what to do and that he's wrong. He can't have that.

75boyz

Reaction score
My question would be could Goat and Hoodie, Ben and Tomlin, Russ and Carroll, Payton and Brees, Mahommes and Reid win trophies "in spite of" Jerry?

Now if your response is Jerry would never hire that type of coach then that's an entirely separate conversation altogether.

I'm merely showing the impact of how an elite HC and QB can affect even dysfunctional Jerry.

We need the HC and QB to be elite at their jobs.
Based off his resume, McCarthy is supposedly top tier.
Based off the QB's most recent performance year, he was supposedly top tier.

They both suck at playoff football.
And that ain't Jerry's fault.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I'll say it again.......Jerry has a Maybach (franchise worth) with old Pinto parts (roster creation). Oil leaking, exhaust smoking, ride is bumpy, engine noisy.

For the youngsters.......A Pinto:

ed8c801e04693a10ea9ddd8050414238.jpg
Jerry should have blown this whole mess up
just like those bumper tagging Pintos were known for.

marvin-the-martian-kaboom-gif-3-gif.193164

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
jerry jones does not know how to build a competitive,championship roster.
he is incompetent.
until jerry the owner fires jerry the gm...nothing changes.
Yep he certainly doesn't. Giving Dak that money.....over 4 years, was the death nail.
So he gave Diggs, CeeDee and Dak the money, let's just wait for Micah and Jerry has completed the re-build in the only way he knows....give the star names the money and watch them underperform.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But that very ownership just allocated over $90m CAP on two players that aren't rising their game).
Yes, it's ultimately Jerry's fault, but Mike and Dak aren't the solution.
Dak and Jerry are indelibly linked....well they are to us fans that suggested Dak plays for his 2025 contract (even if it cost more).
I agree in principle. But once we acknowledge these shortcomings, poor decisions , etc where do we go from there?

birdwells1

Reaction score
Like I have been saying for years...
Yes, Jerry hires the coach.
Yes, Jerry drafts the QB.

BUT in the present case he hired a SB winning coach.
And his QB that he drafted was a league MVP runnerup last year.
SO AT SOME POINT
the SB winning head coach and runner up MVP 60 mil dollar QB

have to not suck at playoff football.

And neither one of them looks to be able to even make the playoffs this year.

So while it was ultimately Jerry doing the hiring and drafting of these 2, they are not just given a free pass to suck at their jobs.

NFL success triangle is GM, HC and QB.

We are 0 for 3 in all three positions.
IF we went 2 for 3 as in elite HC and QB or even just an elite QB, we could manage wins in spite of Jerry.

And I'm as far from a Jerry apologist as you'll find.
It's just McFraud and Dak suck at playoff football and they share their own portion of blame in all of this.
Who was the owner/GM when Romo was here and in his prime?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never expected even a close game vs. the 49ers, so it's really not shocking to me. This team is garbage and is run by a clown. Wrap your head around that and you quickly understand.
That’s it. Now once we recognize the issue how do we make the most out of a pile of crap. Lol

That’s where I’m at. Once you wave the white flag it influences your attitude. I thank Couch Coach RIP for helping me see the light.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is beyond that now. Jerry has become so egotistical that he is running the football operations contrary to any and all good advice simply because he views any suggestions as people trying to tell him what to do and that he's wrong. He can't have that.
And it’s been like this for years. Some fans just get distracted when we are winning division ,12 games and or going to the playoffs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree in principle. But once we acknowledge these shortcomings, poor decisions , etc where do we go from there?
Unfortunately, there is no solution, whilst Jerry's de-facto GM.
We're in the latest rinse/repeat of over spending on underachieving stars and then struggling as we have to 'compete' on an annual basis, but only have CAP enough for JAG's.
The Broaddus hope of getting Dak to sign a longer contract with a proviso that Jerry would spend in the early years didn't happen, so we continue and hope the Commanders improvement doesn't leave us as a perennial 3rd place team.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This just wasted my time if you just type the last sentence of your long statement. You hate Jerry Jones, that is fine.
But the problem is not just Jerry, you can blame him for all the things. The problem is everywhere especially the QB.
When all other player of the team kept fighting and then boom!! the QB threw another interception. That is the issue.
I disagree with you in that I think the biggest problem facing this team IS Jerry Jones. Yes Dak has played horrible and like all players and coaches should be held accountable too. But why isn’t the GM ever held accountable?

I’ve said many times I don’t hate Jerry or anyone for that matter. But I do hate the results Jerry keeps giving us.

75boyz

Reaction score
Who was the owner/GM when Romo was here and in his prime?
Jerry was but who were Romo's coaches as well?

Do we excuse Garrett and Wade for their job performance cause Jerry hired them?

Maybe.
But again, McCarthy has won a SB.
So what's McCarthy's job performance excuse?
Cuz he sure sucks as a Cowboys playoff coach.