Kellen Moore as new Cowboys HC in 2022?

quickccc

Reaction score
I just don't think Kellen has the same make up as Sean Payton and McVey. You could tell McVey was a leader among men even when he was with the Commanders. I just never got that impression from Moore.

The guys you named were all way more experienced than a 31 year old OC with less than 2 seasons at the job. Please. Garrett didn’t provide enough pain for you?

which may shows goes to show you how advanced the offensive mind of Kellen Moore has to be when a limited experience OC and 32 yr old can come up so rapidly
from player- to QB coach to OC and still command the no.1 offense in total yards (and tops in among other areas) ….

nobody

Reaction score
which may shows goes to show you how advanced the offensive mind of Kellen Moore has to be when a limited experience OC and 32 yr old can come up so rapidly
from player- to QB coach to OC and still command the no.1 offense in total yards (and tops in among other areas) ….

How about he helps guide them to number one in SCORING AND WINS! Yards mean NOTHING without scoring.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I a
" How to explain Saints, Pats, ?"
- vs Saints, a rookie 1st year OC that went conservative On the Road.. (or did Garrett himself insist on him going conservative On the Road?)

" Last Eagles game ? " .. – Dak clearly struggling with a bum shoulder, hurt previously vs Rams; may explain missing a wide open Tavon Austin for a likey TD,
didn't matter that Cooper was benched at games end .

" How come they lost 8 games ?" Garrett, a very erratic FG kicker who Garrett refused to replace, as usual as always the talk - the defense.
You don't; point to an offense that was No.1 in total yards, and among the top in scoring.

- Here i'll even help you with some more Moore criticism and responses;
Not using the RBs well ? And once again,..that’s what/why you should have experienced game managing HCs that’s right beside him for.

- Abandoning the run and not running ball enough? ...again that’s when a HC has to intervene and influence the OC to do his bidding more.
But again we have two back to back cases of TWO questionable game managing HCs

I explain Kellen being a novice rookie first time OC, when he should have had an experienced, veteran offensive minded HC helping him out as he grows as a coach.
Did that happen ? Nope
I explain just 2nd year OC Kellen by having yet another – and supposedly much more reputed offensive minded HC in McCarthy-..... and still not using his influence to add
or revamp the run game or RBs in the pass game.

- And those "compiled stats" does mean something and it means and tells a lot between what even an inexperienced OC can bring, has brought and upgrades in his sense, especially
compared to what was going on between Linehan and Garrett.

Some coaches are more OC than HC, .. while some HC’s cannot handle dual roles of HC/play-caller
some coaches are better X’s and O’s schematic than they are positional coaches.
Some think Moore is a better OC than what he seemed to be as a former QB coach.

- Only time and opportunity and being with the right situation with an NFL team directing towards changes would tell if Moore can be a Sean McVey or Sean Payton type..
I agree with much of what you said.
But 1 year at qb coach, does not qualify anyone to be OC, so kellen should not be a OC right now.
For someone with almost no experience, he has done ok, but he comes from a passing team, and that is really all he knows.
His play designs, are also lacking, and so is his play calling. By that I mean situational play calling.

If it is 3rd and 2 and your in fg range, but if you get a sack, your out of fg range, or it makes it a long one, you should not call a play
that odds are could likely end up a sack. but kellen will call such a play! and he isnt the only one, I see it on other teams too.

I just think he has a lot to learn and it will take many years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Man did you swallow the Kool Aid. This team hasn’t won a thing with Kellen around. For the most part he has had excellent offensive talent to work with. The guy is deeply rooted in the losing culture of Dallas. Why the heck would you want to promote anyone that has been part of this soft, underachieving circus? Additionally there is no way the players would respect him. No way. It would be Garrett all over again. At least Garrett was part of a winning team as a player. Moore had zero skins.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
McCarthy or Moore as HC doesn't matter.

Until we get a new defensive coaching staff in here we're not going to see too much improvement. Nolan should have been fired months ago.
You mean until we get some defensive talent in here?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Can anyone see Kellen Moore being considered new Cowboys HC down the road in 2022, should McCarthy fail to deliver this team back to a winning path next year ?

Young, innovative, brilliant offensive mind, an envisioned of a Sean McVey or Sean Payton in the works.
Same play caller that had the No.1 offense two years in a row before Dak went down to injury.

And how would Jones feel if he was hired away as an HC elsewhere ...while McCarthy ..?

Well, he's still here...who knows?

cern

Reaction score
When your offense is ranked #1 (2019) and first this year until dak went down, you're doing something right. Some are smarter than others. Some learn faster than others. Kellen is in that group.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can anyone see Kellen Moore being considered new Cowboys HC down the road in 2022, should McCarthy fail to deliver this team back to a winning path next year ?

Young, innovative, brilliant offensive mind, an envisioned of a Sean McVey or Sean Payton in the works.
Same play caller that had the No.1 offense two years in a row before Dak went down to injury.

And how would Jones feel if he was hired away as an HC elsewhere ...while McCarthy ..?
Hmm, he is innovative, but maybe a little too full of juice. Needs to learn to keep it real with some of the trick shot plays.
Is he a leader of a team? Not yet.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well.....I think he's done a good job for his experience but I'm not sure if he's done a good enough job to where I'd make him head coach. Sounds like you're describing a OC which is what he is.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Hell to the no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve007

Reaction score

That would complete the Jones circus.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I feel the Kellen Moore hype was BS about him being a top-notch OC.

His handling of our running game has often been somewhat mindless.

Cmac

Reaction score

young.....check
innovative.....hmmm
brilliant offensive mind.....hmmm

I need you to help with my resume.