Twitter: Kellen Moore being linked to Boise St

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Kellen Moore’s name is being linked to the Boise State opening in media reports. Considering his success and status at the school, it is a natural connection. But this might not be the only job that Moore, who is in his second year as offensive coordinator, is connected to at the college and pro level. According to multiple sources, Moore is not under contract with the Cowboys beyond this season. Mike McCarthy has been impressed with Moore’s work, especially with four different quarterbacks.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Gaede

Reaction score
I know some ppl are down on him, but this offense was setting records when it had a starting QB.

Would be a big loss to see him go. Especially since McCarthy has questionable taste in coaches. We might get a friend of Mike at the position instead

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not anyone else noticed but his contract is expiring. I didn't know that........he's free to leave after the season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes Moore has had the #1 offense, and again until Dak was injured.
And all the other injuries as well. But to me he still makes too many bone headed calls in critical situations.

Now how many of those calls were from the situation, being down all the time, so felt he had to try something different. But when you have 3rd and 1, and you try a play that takes 10 seconds to develop, that is stupid. None of them worked. You run the balls, or a quick slant pass. Not a toss back 10 yard behind the LOS or a reverse where the WR takes the ball 10 yards behind the LOS.

Those may work at Boise St, but not with this team. That is why I am hard on him at times.

slick325

Reaction score
Good for him. He goes to Boise St., has success and then Jerry hires him as HC of the Cowboys within 5 years. The Jones boys will then sell the base that they are getting a successful, innovative college coach who also is a Cowboys player/coach.

Ticket sales increase, more money for the family business and life post Jimmy Johnson players/foundation continues.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for him. He goes to Boise St., has success and then Jerry hires him as HC of the Cowboys within 5 years. The Jones boys will then sell the base that they are getting a successful, innovative college coach who also is a Cowboys player/coach.

Ticket sales increase, more money for the family business and life post Jimmy Johnson players/foundation continues.

If this happens and fans are gullible to buy into that. Barnum Jerry made his biggest con of all time. :lmao:

Daillest88

Reaction score
He’s not bad . He does make some bone headed decisions at critical times , having him go would probably benefit us, Nolan, new secondary coach and linebackers coach. We need some serious changes

Daillest88

Reaction score
Yes Moore has had the #1 offense, and again until Dak was injured.
And all the other injuries as well. But to me he still makes too many bone headed calls in critical situations.

Now how many of those calls were from the situation, being down all the time, so felt he had to try something different. But when you have 3rd and 1, and you try a play that takes 10 seconds to develop, that is stupid. None of them worked. You run the balls, or a quick slant pass. Not a toss back 10 yard behind the LOS or a reverse where the WR takes the ball 10 yards behind the LOS.

Those may work at Boise St, but not with this team. That is why I am hard on him at times.
Exactly . Should of read this before I posted!

lopey

Reaction score

Kellen Moore’s name is being linked to the Boise State opening in media reports. Considering his success and status at the school, it is a natural connection. But this might not be the only job that Moore, who is in his second year as offensive coordinator, is connected to at the college and pro level. According to multiple sources, Moore is not under contract with the Cowboys beyond this season. Mike McCarthy has been impressed with Moore’s work, especially with four different quarterbacks.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Please leave

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Moore. He’s got an NFL HC trajectory. Boise is tempting, I’m sure, but he’s better off waiting before going down to college. He should take another premium OC gig with a good NFL team if one is on the table and next season he’ll be a legit HC candidate. There’s an outside chance he’d get some consideration already.

Jipper

Reaction score
While I would think most all of us would be supportive for him to get a hc gig, I personally think he would make a mistake heading over there now vs continuing on the path he’s on in Dallas....assuming jerry gives him a new contract and the same type of money which I’m sure he will.

just seems to me that the OC for the cowboys vs HC for a second tier college program is a better role esp since he is likely going to get an nfl hc opportunity at some point in future.