Kellen Moore, Boy Genius 2, Wonderlic Score 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how the entire NFL doesn't take this "wait and see" attitude with their rookie class every year, and actually tests players with the wonderlic.
The flaw in this thought is that it doesn’t recognize that they are using wonderlic as only one of a number of evaluation tools, and they do not claim it ican be relied on as a definitive way to measure.

And, since you are talking about players, is it your contention that Drew Henson and Quincy Carter had a higher football IQ than Peyton Manning and Drew Brees? After all, they both had higher wonderlic scores than Manning or Brees.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since when has not "knowing" the future ever stopped us from talking about decisions the team makes?

We judge potential draft picks *before the draft*. We judge them after we've made the picks and before a single OTA, a single practice, a single preseason game. We talk and talk and yak and yak endlessly without knowing.

But mention a guy's wonderlic, and the future becomes an opaque mystery.
Since when has talking about it ever stopped us from pointing out that a line of thinking is flawed, or a basis for a certain thought is incorrect?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since when has not "knowing" the future ever stopped us from talking about decisions the team makes?

We judge potential draft picks *before the draft*. We judge them after we've made the picks and before a single OTA, a single practice, a single preseason game. We talk and talk and yak and yak endlessly without knowing.

But mention a guy's wonderlic, and the future becomes an opaque mystery.
It's one thing to question the decision. It's another thing to call it a stupid decision, or make claims that it was made as a way to keep the blame off Garrett "when" it fails.

And using the Wonderlic as a basis for one's decision is useless, because most of his job has nothing to do with making split second decisions under pressure. He'll have plenty of time to make decisions regarding play calling.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's one thing to question the decision. It's another thing to call it a stupid decision, or make claims that it was made as a way to keep the blame off Garrett "when" it fails.

And using the Wonderlic as a basis for one's decision is useless, because most of his job has nothing to do with making split second decisions under pressure. He'll have plenty of time to make decisions regarding play calling.
Much of Boise’s State’s offense was predicated on the QB making quick, accurate decisions, and Moore ran it to near perfection,so I don’t think the Wonderlic can really be used to claim he doesn’t have that ability anyway.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The wonderlic score might be interesting we also knew what Josh McDaniels' or Sean McVay's score was... or for that matter, any OCs in recent memory.

That would be interesting. The only score I've seen is Garrett's. Couldn't find Harbaugh's.

I looked for Linehan's. Didn't find it, but discovered he signed with the Cowboys as an UDFA in 1987.

cern

Reaction score
Wonderlic doesn't mean squat. I've yet to see it used as a means of college admission. Give me a credible resume with verifiable references.

VACowboy

Reaction score
It's a measure the NFL chooses to apply to their incoming players. If you think it's irrelevant to football, take it up with them.
I never commented on the relevance of the Wonderlic in evaluating players so I'm not sure what that has to do with my post. You seemed to be using the Wonderlic as your reason for disbelieving the assessments of Kellen Moore as a smart guy so I was wondering if the Wonderlic is your bar for assessing football IQ and coaching ability, and if so which of the guys scoring top 11 all time in the Wonderlic you'd prefer to Moore as the Dallas OC. Simple.

dfense

Reaction score
These awesome posts remind me...

Draft, about 4 months away.
Traing camp, an eternity away....

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Moore has been an NFL player and coach, and he was hired for the job by a team known for paying top salaries to coaches and getting the coaches they recruit. All of those are qualifications.

Its a silly point, you can make this claim about every successful NFL OC for the first time they were promoted into the OC job. They weren't "qualified", they were picked because the team thought they could do it. Sean Payton went from being a QB Coach to an OC in 2000, the same thing could have been said about him.

And the fact a ton of coaches and players have been around Moore and praise his intelligence is only a bad thing on Internet message boards.
The comparison to Sean Payton is ridiculous. Sean was a coach for almost 20 years at various positions and levels and was the assistant head coach in Dallas before he left. Kellen Moore was a crappy back up QB 2 years ago.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The comparison to Sean Payton is ridiculous. Sean was a coach for almost 20 years at various positions and levels and was the assistant head coach in Dallas before he left. Kellen Moore was a crappy back up QB 2 years ago.

Your post is ridiculous. Read what I said, look up Payton's three years as a QB coach before being promoted to an OC and then get back to me.

I'll take Kellen Moore designing plays as a Cowboy backup QB over Sean Payton's time as the running backs coach of Indiana State , but that's just me.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Where can I take this test? I want to see if I can apply for the HC position.

Status
Not open for further replies.