Kellen Moore, Boy Genius 2, Wonderlic Score 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Ha ha. Just looked up the Wonderlic of our new and improved boy genius Kellen Moore - 26.

This team is such a clown show. The *only* qualification they've ever pointed to with Moore is his supposed genius, yet that appears to be a complete fraud, and one publicly verified as a fraud.

Some reporter has got to ask Jerry:
You and your staff have been raving about Kellen Moore's intelligence.
Yet his wonderlic was 26, only slightly above average versus the general population, and lower than Travis and Zeke.
Do you see Moore as smarter than they are? If so, why?
The Wonderlic is your measure of coaches? Well then, lets hope Mike Mamula, Blaine Gabbert or Drew Henson replaces Garrett.

https://herosports.com/nfl/best-won...ike-mamula-ryan-fitzpatrick-greg-mcelroy-aiai

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not a “measure of success”.

However, when you hear everyone calling the dude a genius and the fans aren’t in “the room”, it’s understandable people are searching for proof.

There are plenty of talented football minds that have had to go coach high school, college, arena, quality control, positions, assistant coaching position, etc. before being handed the keys to an NFL offense.

I think we all just want to know what level of genius it takes to skip all those things, play in the league a few years, coach QB for a single season and suddenly be given the keys.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

If you worked a job and some dude went from intern to VP in two years, you’d want to know how that happened beyond the CEO just telling you he’s a genius over and over.

Of course we all want to see it, but the fact is we can’t right now. The only true measure will be how things go over time. Unfortunately for Moore I think regardless of how high his “football IQ” is, he is still starting with the handicap of not having enough actual experience as a coach to hone and perfect whatever he brings to the table. Even with a sharp football mind there is a lot of learning that comes with experience

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ha ha. Just looked up the Wonderlic of our new and improved boy genius Kellen Moore - 26.

This team is such a clown show. The *only* qualification they've ever pointed to with Moore is his supposed genius, yet that appears to be a complete fraud, and one publicly verified as a fraud.

Yet his wonderlic was 26, only slightly above average versus the general population, and lower than Travis and Zeke.

The genius term gets thrown around too easily. Definitely does not apply to Kellen Moore but that will be the narrative heading into September. Jerry needs to work those vendors over.

Plumfool

Reaction score
wonderlic is an iq test
anyone know garrett's wonderlic score?
Here are five current Dallas Cowboys who have had their scores leaked.

Tony Romo: 37

Travis Frederick: 34

Kyle Orton: 26

Dez Bryant: 16

Morris Claiborne: 4

That’s not “current”

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

_sturt_

Reaction score
The wonderlic score might be interesting we also knew what Josh McDaniels' or Sean McVay's score was... or for that matter, any OCs in recent memory.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A test can’t show you how intelligent you are .....and I don’t take the wonderlic serious

The fact is it’s just another tool in an overall evaluation - another variable to consider. It’s not a complete, infallible determination. If it was NFL teams would never make a mistake on QBs they draft. If it was, Eli Manning would be a better QB than Peyton Manning was. If it was, Jason Garrett would have been a star as a player, and would be a standout as a coach.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

HOFer Gil Brandt loves the move. Maybe somebody needs to question youre intelligence for thinking a wonderlic is a way to judge how smart somebody is. Its a speed test that is there to see how they think under pressure of a time frame.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-coordinator-would-be-a-great-move-128450208/

Now ill clear this, I dont like the Moore move but it is what it is. This is the trend going on in the NFL. Young coaches hip to a new fast paced up tempo game. Ill point out too, that Dak was at his best when Dallas went to this type of tempo in games.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I wonder who is gonna lic me tonight?
HZuClvt.webp

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The whole point of general intelligence is that it is in fact general. Almost any general intelligence test, including the wonderlic, correlates well with IQ tests.

I applaud you buybuy

You've learned to be apprehensive about acquisitions(in this case a promotion) instead of just drinking the koolaid and thinking everything will be dandy. I wish we would have brought in an outside voice.

But for those that dont understand, wonderlic absolutely correlates to IQ and Moore is being praised as a genius. Not a football genius, a genius. With a 24 wonderlic I have my reservations lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.