Kellen Moore, Boy Genius 2, Wonderlic Score 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s not a “measure of success”.

However, when you hear everyone calling the dude a genius and the fans aren’t in “the room”, it’s understandable people are searching for proof.

There are plenty of talented football minds that have had to go coach high school, college, arena, quality control, positions, assistant coaching position, etc. before being handed the keys to an NFL offense.

I think we all just want to know what level of genius it takes to skip all those things, play in the league a few years, coach QB for a single season and suddenly be given the keys.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

If you worked a job and some dude went from intern to VP in two years, you’d want to know how that happened beyond the CEO just telling you he’s a genius over and over.
I am not saying if he is going to be successful or not. but to look at wonderlic score to predict success for NFL coach. What was Pedersons wonderlic score?

Mike Mamula scored a 49 on wonderlic. he sucked as a football player and never became any type of a coach.

marvin Harrison scored a 19.

I will be searching for some of the head coaches wonderlic score and will post them. I know Jason garrett scored a 36..... go figure

and moore may/may not be a Football genius but it has nothing to do with Wonderlic score as an indicator of success.....

now, as you outlined he has no coaching experience........ that would be a legitimate concern...but wonderlic!!! come on man

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I applaud you buybuy

You've learned to be apprehensive about acquisitions(in this case a promotion) instead of just drinking the koolaid and thinking everything will be dandy. I wish we would have brought in an outside voice.

But for those that dont understand, wonderlic absolutely correlates to IQ and Moore is being praised as a genius. Not a football genius, a genius. With a 24 wonderlic I have my reservations lmao.

His score was 26, not 24. In any case, you are misrepresenting the wordgeniusby improperly restricting it to only mean a score on an IQ test. When people refer to “football genius” they are talking about a great understanding of, and instinct for, the game of football. That’s not the same as general IQ as measured by a test. What people are referring to is not general at all. It speaks to having a mental aptitude in a single, specific area.

According to Merrimam Webster, one of the definitions of “genius” is a “single strongly marked capacity or aptitude”. Example: “had a genius for getting along with boys”.

The #1 definition in the Oxford Living Dictionary is “Exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.
Example ‘that woman has a genius for organization’’

A definition for “genius” in the Cambridge Dictionary is
to be especially skilledat a particular activity:
Example: She has a genius for raising money.

Accordingly, use of the word “genius” is not restricted to a score on a general IQ test.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It is Football IQ chachi...... he is a offensive savant

Why can't you deniers believe all the players and coaches telling you the same thing

Moore lacks a career as a player or a coach. What other flavor Kool Aid could they possibly serve? Claps better than Garrett?

If you find Football Savant a tasty flavor, drink up.

JayFord

Reaction score
Aslong as he’s a good OC I don’t care if he scored a 2 on his wonderlic

Matter fact I don’t care if he drools out his mouth and screams “Mooooooo!!!!!!!”

I want points

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore lacks a career as a player or a coach. What other flavor Kool Aid could they possibly serve? Claps better than Garrett?

Granted his experience level is concerning and is a fair argument. All the nonsense about him not being a “football genius” because of his wonderlic score is not. Whether he truly is or isn’t remains to be seen, but time will tell, not the wonderlic score.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think Bill Belichick even took the test........What an idiot he is!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No one asked you to bet. He is the OC and we have to wait to see how he does in the job. That's how it works, not fans dreaming up things they consider "qualifications" after the people making the actual decision have picked the guy for the job.

We have to wait to see how he does on the job. We don't have to wait to estimate his qualifications.

And we don't have to have unquestioning faith in Jerry's wisdom, particularly when it comes to selecting coaches.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

His Wonderlic Score is as relevant to his coaching ability as is his Credit Score

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have to wait to see how he does on the job. We don't have to wait to estimate his qualifications.

And we don't have to have unquestioning faith in Jerry's wisdom, particularly when it comes to selecting coaches.
True, but some people seem to think they already know whether this was a good or bad decision. That won't be known until the conditions of your first sentence are met.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His Wonderlic Score is as relevant to his coaching ability as is his Credit Score

Wonderlic irrelevant to football iq. Believe it if you like.

Isn't it odd that they test all incoming players with this test that is irrelevant to football IQ?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Granted his experience level is concerning and is a fair argument. All the nonsense about him not being a “football genius” because of his wonderlic score is not. Whether he truly is or isn’t remains to be seen, but time will tell, not the wonderlic score.

Funny how the entire NFL doesn't take this "wait and see" attitude with their rookie class every year, and actually tests players with the wonderlic.

rags747

Reaction score
Ha ha. Just looked up the Wonderlic of our new and improved boy genius Kellen Moore - 26.

This team is such a clown show. The *only* qualification they've ever pointed to with Moore is his supposed genius, yet that appears to be a complete fraud, and one publicly verified as a fraud.

Some reporter has got to ask Jerry:
You and your staff have been raving about Kellen Moore's intelligence.
Yet his wonderlic was 26, only slightly above average versus the general population, and lower than Travis and Zeke.
Do you see Moore as smarter than they are? If so, why?
What is your Wonderlic and where do you work? Thx for playing...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
True, but some people seem to think they already know whether this was a good or bad decision. That won't be known until the conditions of your first sentence are met.

Since when has not "knowing" the future ever stopped us from talking about decisions the team makes?

We judge potential draft picks *before the draft*. We judge them after we've made the picks and before a single OTA, a single practice, a single preseason game. We talk and talk and yak and yak endlessly without knowing.

But mention a guy's wonderlic, and the future becomes an opaque mystery.

Proximo

Reaction score
This team is such a clown show.

2014: division champs + a playoff win. A play or two away from a conference championship appearance.

2016: longest regular season win streak in franchise history. #1 seed in NFC. One again, a play or two away from a conference championship appearance.

2017: a winning record but barely miss playoffs.

2018: division champs + a playoff win.

I mean, if this is a “clown show”, then pretty much every team in the league is a clown show. Gimme a break.

Also, LOL at putting so much value in the Wonderlic, just lol.

Maybe someone should start a thread about how Kellen is the winningest QB in all of college football history or whatever.

Let’s see how he does and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.