Kellen Moore is overhyped

fivetwos

Reaction score
You're right.

If Dak is the QB the only chance of success is building a dominate run game and defense.

It's just going to be impossible with Daks contract. I remember people saying "in two years that contract will be a bargain". No it wont. Paying Dak that kind of money will NEVER be a bargain.
I agree with you overall.

I'll stop short of calling it impossible with the contract.

A guy like Bridgewater costs around 25m.

So we are talking the difference of one top paid player. Nailing a draft pick can cover some of that.

Having a guy on his rookie deal capable of starting and winning is a needle in a haystack.

As ironically as it gets....Prescott actually DID that....but they clearly played to his strengths back then.

Someone somewhere decided we should open things up with this guy, and here we are.

My guess is there's at least a little element of Moore telling Jerry what he wanted to hear on the subject.

We are probably royally screwed for a while, and IMO it has a lot less to do with Prescott than the owner and staff trying to make him something he isnt.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Kellen Moore will be a head coach because:

Organizations will say "This guy had the #1 offense with Dak Prescott as his QB" so he MUST be good.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak’s not a very talented football player. Better coaching won’t do much.

Great QBs win with just about any coach.

Also, Jerry Jones doesn’t believe in coaching anyways so don’t get your hopes up for anything to change.

Dak’s a 40 million dollar man and instead of pointing the finger at others he needs to play to the level his contract demands.

Thats not true. Sturm was talking about this on his show yesterday. He said that Mike and Rogers were awesome together and than over time it started to slip away. He said it’s normal in coaching when everyone just stops listening after awhile. Than Lefluer comes in with a new scheme and Rogers is flourishing again. It’s not that Adams is always wide open. He’s scheming to be open. And he also said they scheme to get rid of the ball quickly.

Moore doesn’t know how to do that. I’m not comparing Rogers to Dak, I’m comparing how coaches such as Lefluer and McVay scheme. Hell look at what Reid did in season to help Mahomes. Everyone was taking away all the big plays they love so they went with the short game and look where they are.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thats not true. Sturm was talking about this on his show yesterday. He said that Mike and Rogers were awesome together and than over time it started to slip away. He said it’s normal in coaching when everyone just stops listening after awhile. Than Lefluer comes in with a new scheme and Rogers is flourishing again. It’s not that Adams is always wide open. He’s scheming to be open. And he also said they scheme to get rid of the ball quickly.

Moore doesn’t know how to do that. I’m not comparing Rogers to Dak, I’m comparing how coaches such as Lefluer and McVay scheme. Hell look at what Reid did in season to help Mahomes. Everyone was taking away all the big plays they love so they went with the short game and look where they are.

Go hire someone else. Whatever. I don’t think the problem is coaching.

I think the problem is you’re asking a guy who isn’t very talented to carry your football team and he can’t do it.

Dallas is at their best when Dak does less but the problem is they paid him to carry our football team and he’s just not capable of that.

So whatever. Change coaches. Good luck winning with Dak and his contract.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I don’t know but if they think Dak’s arm is ever going to win them anything then it’s all a lost cause.

The Cowboys only path to success is doing what the 49ers do.

Use a few formations and throw a bunch of different looks out of it with a heavy run game that’s explosive.

Making Dak play like Tony Romo is a good way to catch Ls.

Well the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl with
a QB on the level of Dak so it’s not impossible, like you pointed out in your second paragraph.

The way we get that is by replacing Moore. He has no clue how to make the most of the players we have.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well the 49ers made it to the Super Bowl with
a QB on the level of Dak so it’s not impossible, like you pointed out in your second paragraph.

The way we get that is by replacing Moore. He has no clue how to make the most of the players we have.

Yes but I said with Dak’s arm. There is a way to win with Dak but the 9ers only highly paid guy at the time was Jimmy G.

Dallas has a full roster of highly paid players and it’s just not good enough because he requires so much.

I have no doubt Dak could win a Super Bowl because bad players have done it before.

What I don’t think is possible is paying him 40 million a year and asking him to win with his arm because he’s just nothing special when it comes to throwing the football.

Dallas has to find a way to win by taking the ball out of Dak’s hands.

Good luck. I think other teams are in a better situation than us and Dallas will just have to wait until they get out of this deal.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Jerry is senile, and looks at him as Garrett 2.0

That is the only reason comes to mind.

This!!!

This is what bothers me about Moore. The guy was a backup QB. Great..he’s smart. But Jerry decided to just take the guy and give him a plum role vs 5 yrs at QB Coach and then 2-3 years as co-offensive coordinator. Just like Garrett the Jones family think the are outsmarting people and then desperately hold onto them. It’s bizarre

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s why Kellen Moore was a backup QB like his buddy Garrett and Troy Aikman was a 1st overall pick.

They call that pedigree and mindset.

You’re not going to teach pedigree and mindset.

Moore begoneth. Go elsewhere lil Keelan.
being a good QB has nothing to do with being a good OC.... in fact most great QBs don't become good coaches because they can't explain how they see things and break it down....and scheme for it...

What Moore needs is a good mentor and experience.....he hasn't had either...Jerry screwed him over...Moore needed to go through the ranks of the NFL for a few years and earn his stripes. be the QB coach. be the passing game coordinator. be the TE coach, etc...and learn the little details. he didn't. he went from back up QB, to QB coach for one year to OC....initially his stuff was new, but DCs caught up because there is two years of film now....they adjusted. that's what good teams in NFL do...they identify and adjust..... and thus Moore became predictable....and he didn't adjust. I said that first game of the year that his in game adjustments were not good.....now his adjustments during the season weren't good. he was telegraphing his plays.

Aven8

Reaction score
Go hire someone else. Whatever. I don’t think the problem is coaching.

I think the problem is you’re asking a guy who isn’t very talented to carry your football team and he can’t do it.

Dallas is at their best when Dak does less but the problem is they paid him to carry our football team and he’s just not capable of that.

So whatever. Change coaches. Good luck winning with Dak and his contract.

How is it not coaching when you won’t even commit to running the ball? Not using Pollard? Not getting Coop and Lamb the ball? Do you think Dak walks in and say let’s throw it 45 times? I love being sacked!

We can win and we have won with that formula. The point I’m making is Moore needs to go. He’s running the same Linny/JG scheme but won’t run the football. That won’t work with this team! Or really any team. Rogers has two RB’s. Brady does too.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
As we become further away from the loss, I find myself backing off Prescott slightly.

Most players, if not all of them, need to be put in the right positions to succeed.

That definitely isn't happening here.

All other franchises aren't subject to a meddling owner who besides what he may think, isn't qualified to select coaches.

We ALWAYS have coaching problems and are routinely outcoached.

They will retain Moore and tell him to run more, just like pulling play calling from Garrett in some weak attempt to save him.

We have no chance. This would be something we barely care about by now if the division was better.

Really, the bad division has enabled Jerry to think he is doing a great job, meanwhile the overall plan never works.

This wasn't just happening to lose.....our inexperienced OC has been getting beat in the film room for two months.

He was figured out and couldn't adjust.

He won't be getting HC offers because in the end, no one besides Jerry Jones and a few of you are impressed with the "number one" offense.
Dak is an above average QB that can win a SB but like 90% of qbs they need a complete team around them to win a sb. I mean even transcendent talent like Rodgers loses to more complete and most importantly better coached teams. The biggest problem in Dallas is coaching and as of right now only Dan Quinn IMO has what it takes. The puppet and Moore can kick rocks; they’re just along for the ride.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Moore doesn't have the winning formula , he depends on talent to make stats .

Thats why our offense makes great stats, but doesn't win the difficult games.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
being a good QB has nothing to do with being a good OC.... in fact most great QBs don't become good coaches because they can't explain how they see things and break it down....and scheme for it...

What Moore needs is a good mentor and experience.....he hasn't had either...Jerry screwed him over...Moore needed to go through the ranks of the NFL for a few years and earn his stripes. be the QB coach. be the passing game coordinator. be the TE coach, etc...and learn the little details. he didn't. he went from back up QB, to QB coach for one year to OC....initially his stuff was new, but DCs caught up because there is two years of film now....they adjusted. that's what good teams in NFL do...they identify and adjust..... and thus Moore became predictable....and he didn't adjust. I said that first game of the year that his in game adjustments were not good.....now his adjustments during the season weren't good. he was telegraphing his plays.

He took the job. Nobody screwed Moore over. He knows the X's and O's of passing.

Aikman could make better calls than Moore. Gets paid too much to be an OC.

Hell, check out Kurt Warners breakdown. He could call it better.

I know McCarthy could call it better and I think he should of.

Listen to Nate Newton on the Cowboys Podcast and he explains it perfectly.

Moore doesn't understand protections and how to keep an o-line rolling.

Only knows how to stick to the game plan and can't adjust to what the defense is doing fast enough.

He also doesn't have the mentality to develop a $40 million player.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m not sold on Kellen Moore; boy wonder. When he goes against a real coach he doesn’t adapt. The running game is a direct reflection of Kellen Moore, he has no idea how to scheme runs, he’s all about the passing game and when he gets figured out he doesn’t adjust.

I know everyone likes to blame Dak but that’s way off.. Dak isn’t going to run the offense like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, he’s a qb that needs a legit coach to scheme a game plan for him. He’s a solid qb not a freaking transcendent talent. So again it falls on the coach to do his damn job and come up with a game plan to win football games. The junk Kellen Moore was throwing out their against real competition was embarrassing.

Personally Kellen Moore can kick rocks, I’m not sold on him at all. I would much rather try and keep Dan Quinn. I mean he turned the worst defense we’ve had in years around in one off-season. You can see the coaching.

What’s the fascination with Kellen Moore?
Have the Jags hired him yet?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is an above average QB that can win a SB but like 90% of qbs they need a complete team around them to win a sb. I mean even transcendent talent like Rodgers loses to more complete and most importantly better coached teams. The biggest problem in Dallas is coaching and as of right now only Dan Quinn IMO has what it takes. The puppet and Moore can kick rocks; they’re just along for the ride.
When I watch Rodgers throw and win playoff games....

It's a LOT different that watching Dak throw...and lose playoff games.

And here we go with my preface....cause you can;t say anything bad about dak...

I'm not saying rodgers wins all the games by himself.

I am not saying Dak loses all the games by himself.

There///are you Dakasexuals HAPPY now? Does that cover it?

What I am saying is I am just watching the QB's and there's a huge difference. I think QB play CAN have an influence on the games. If it's needed. niners didnt; need it since cowboys screwed themselves.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The problem is every other team in the NFL is calling on Quinn.

Kellen won't get a HC job this season , he got exposed and the NFL knows this .

leeblair

Reaction score
I’m not sold on Kellen Moore; boy wonder. When he goes against a real coach he doesn’t adapt. The running game is a direct reflection of Kellen Moore, he has no idea how to scheme runs, he’s all about the passing game and when he gets figured out he doesn’t adjust.

I know everyone likes to blame Dak but that’s way off.. Dak isn’t going to run the offense like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, he’s a qb that needs a legit coach to scheme a game plan for him. He’s a solid qb not a freaking transcendent talent. So again it falls on the coach to do his damn job and come up with a game plan to win football games. The junk Kellen Moore was throwing out their against real competition was embarrassing.

Personally Kellen Moore can kick rocks, I’m not sold on him at all. I would much rather try and keep Dan Quinn. I mean he turned the worst defense we’ve had in years around in one off-season. You can see the coaching.

What’s the fascination with Kellen Moore?
He's STILL the best quarterback on the Cowboys team.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
He took the job. Nobody screwed Moore over. He knows the X's and O's of passing.

Aikman could make better calls than Moore. Gets paid too much to be an OC.

Hell, check out Kurt Warners breakdown. He could call it better.

I know McCarthy could call it better and I think he should of.

Listen to Nate Newton on the Cowboys Podcast and he explains it perfectly.

Moore doesn't understand protections and how to keep an o-line rolling.

Only knows how to stick to the game plan and can't adjust to what the defense is doing fast enough.

He also doesn't have the mentality to develop a $40 million player.

:hammer: