Kellen Moore no huddle reads

Praxit

Reaction score
I'm all for it, sounds refreshing too. Best way to keep defense on its toes, make them use unnecessary time outs and tire them out. Im excited..

erod

Reaction score
Once the 40 second play clock starts the mic is live for only 15 seconds. So after the QB gets that presnap read and then in the time the QB is shouting out the play to his team the defense just shifts and that presnap read is useless.
Actually, the mics turn of off with 15 seconds left, which is plenty of time on no huddle, so they're on the entire presnap process.

Personally, I wish they'd get rid of the mics. It was a better game before.

pansophy

Reaction score
Our defenses caught on to that 12 years ago in Texas HS Football. I'm sure NFL has caught onto it too. Give them a presnap read and them shift when they are calling the play. Easy.
Snap the ball before the mic goes dead...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listening to Kellen Moore this week, he mentioned that no huddle gives him the opportunity to basically make the presnap reads for Dak before the mic in his helmet goes dead.
Love reading this. Linehan so needed to go.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Our defenses caught on to that 12 years ago in Texas HS Football. I'm sure NFL has caught onto it too. Give them a presnap read and them shift when they are calling the play. Easy.
ur defense have to deal with communication devices in qb's helmut?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Listening to Kellen Moore this week, he mentioned that no huddle gives him the opportunity to basically make the presnap reads for Dak before the mic in his helmet goes dead.

That's an interesting reason to use it.

Does that mean well we'lla lot more no-huddle this year?
The Rams try that in the playoffs last season it didn't work too well. Prescott needs to learn his own defense schemes

Number1

Reaction score

That's an interesting reason to use it.

Does that mean well we'lla lot more no-huddle this year?

got a link to the quote

IMO, we're gonna see this O snap the ball faster and run more plays in to score more often

but every OC is in their QBs ear pre snap before Dak out in the NFL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Once the 40 second play clock starts the mic is live for only 15 seconds. So after the QB gets that presnap read and then in the time the QB is shouting out the play to his team the defense just shifts and that presnap read is useless.
I still can't believe the amount of people that don't know that . On the old Cowboys fan forum we learned it back then. What was that three seasons ago . And not only that the Rams got destroyed by trying that method during the playoffs last year Jared Goff can't read a defense either. They shouldn't be expected to. That's why quarterback sit on the bench. But this is not the same at Old NFL you're thrown into the fire

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
got a link to the quote

IMO, we're gonna see this O snap the ball faster and run more plays in to score more often

but every OC is in their QBs ear pre snap before Dak out in the NFL
I thought it was torture. Waiting for the snap the ball at the last moment. That also causes offensive penalties. Get to the line call a play snap the ball

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually hope we don’t see this in preseason games. Better to save that stuff for games that actually matter.
I believe in practice it live it do it. If we're truly Innovative creative. It won't matter. Just my opinion

JustChip

Reaction score
That’s what the Sean McVay does with Goff and it works! But I wonder if Moore can read defenses as good and quick as McVay. But regardless this is light years ahead of Garrett’s mindset so that’s a sign of improvement.
Except the Pats countered that beautifully in the Super Bowl. The Rams and Golf are going to have to combat and overcome that all year. The same will happen with Dak and Moore if they do it. Defenses adapt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty sad we’re fixing to sign him to a 100+ million, can’t read defenses and probably struggling changing the play at LOS with audibles.

And why Linehan probably had to limit play calling.
Fortunately we can put a mic in his helmet. I’m guessing they haven’t been able to before? Oh wait.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I suppose a version of what the Rams do, but NFL defenses may be catching up.

I do like the idea of using no huddle more, but use it on select series throughout the game to keep the defense on their heels. Will they get ball possession Cowboys or quick strike version?