Kellen Moore no huddle reads

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Our defenses caught on to that 12 years ago in Texas HS Football. I'm sure NFL has caught onto it too. Give them a presnap read and them shift when they are calling the play. Easy.
They certainly caught onto it in the last super bowl

Aven8

Reaction score
Listening to Kellen Moore this week, he mentioned that no huddle gives him the opportunity to basically make the presnap reads for Dak before the mic in his helmet goes dead.

That's an interesting reason to use it.

Does that mean well we'lla lot more no-huddle this year?

Only problem with no huddle in the NFL is you can go 3 and out real quick and your defense is back on the field. It’s nice to use in spurts to get the offense going however.

Mike Leach and now Kingsbury believed that the more plays you run on offense the more opportunity’s to score. It should be interesting to see what Kings try’s to do in Zona this year.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
At least he's going to try something new. I think this offense can be killer in the no huddle. Why not? Even if we switch it up once in a while.

erod

Reaction score
Only problem with no huddle in the NFL is you can go 3 and out real quick and your defense is back on the field. It’s nice to use in spurts to get the offense going however.

Mike Leach and now Kingsbury believed that the more plays you run on offense the more opportunity’s to score. It should be interesting to see what Kings try’s to do in Zona this year.
Yep. Teams that no huddle a lot lose.

It destroys your defense over time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This is to help Dak with his issues with reading defenses, if so good. Next thing he needs is to get the ball out faster so he doesn't panic with pressure.

Moore is what he needs. That should help his slow reads and panic issues.

Good job Jerry

Little Jr

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think he meant full time. And no huddle doesn't necessarily mean hurry up. It could just be no huddle to keep the defense from subbing but still take time to call the play. Rams do this. Not no huddle but get break the huddle quick so mcvay can stay on the head set to Goff.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If that's true, we can already confirm Moore's smarter than Garret and that other clown previously running the offense. Let's see how this plays out.
Well I just watched the rams dallas playoff game again, and they said that is what mcvay does for goff.
what they do is come to the line early so mcvay can read the defense for goff.
But as ranching says any last minute shift by the defense can counter that.
I didnt pay attention but I am thinking our defense did not do last minute shifts!
In that game the dallas defense never stopped the rams offense 1 single time, I think they never punted.e
Meanwhile Dallas had 4-5 3 and 4 and outs. and the failed 4th down and 1 attempt.
On that play connor williams actually stopped elliot on his 2nd effort to get across the line and more or less tackled him lol.
connor-tackle-e.png

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Listening to Kellen Moore this week, he mentioned that no huddle gives him the opportunity to basically make the presnap reads for Dak before the mic in his helmet goes dead.

That's what they do in LA.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

It definitely means that Kellen ain't no kid , still messing around with that greasy kid-stuff those decrepit old popcorn fartin' O.C's had ployed previously & prior to his appointed post ,,,no,no,no& nu-huh,,,the vibes from this Cat is fixing to be Humming the broadcasted tune of a different wavelength,BABY!:yourock:

:oldcouple::hammer::oldcouple:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Actually, the mics turn of off with 15 seconds left, which is plenty of time on no huddle, so they're on the entire presnap process.

Personally, I wish they'd get rid of the mics. It was a better game before.
Yes I hate the mics I miss Troy with an arm band of plays and MLB or SS making adjustments. I miss having true field generals

Melonfeud

Reaction score

Wasn't that Chip Kelly who so eloquently illustrated that rapid-fire "no huddled" offense ,with all it's aforementioned faults ,of most recent recollection?

* also, just where the hell you been& how's life?
As you've been about shy as shade in the noon day sun around here yerself.:laugh:o_O:lmao2:o_O

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Shhhh...your giving away the game plan. :rolleyes:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That’s what the Sean McVay does with Goff and it works! But I wonder if Moore can read defenses as good and quick as McVay. But regardless this is light years ahead of Garrett’s mindset so that’s a sign of improvement.
I was about to say the exact same thing. Now I'm glad I read on to see if anyone else had pointed this out already.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Chip Kelly strategy...

I'm scared .

No huddle doesnt necessary mean a quick game. You still can use up all of the play clock.

Of course you can use it that way (quick snaps), but i dont think thats Moore's primary goal here.

The defense cause it has to be set when the offense is. And with no huddle they can't change personal because of the that. But Moore's goal here seems to be more about helping his QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score

But that would mean Dak cant read defenses. Kinda like everyone criticizing Goff that he cant read a defense.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
No huddle doesnt necessary mean a quick game. You still can use up all of the play clock.

Of course you can use it that way (quick snaps), but i dont think thats Moore's primary goal here.

The defense cause it has to be set when the offense is. And with no huddle they can't change personal because of the that. But Moore's goal here seems to be more about helping his QB.
:starspin::clap::starspin: