Kellen Moore no huddle reads

GMO415

Reaction score
Listening to Kellen Moore this week, he mentioned that no huddle gives him the opportunity to basically make the presnap reads for Dak before the mic in his helmet goes dead.

That's an interesting reason to use it.

Does that mean well we'lla lot more no-huddle this year?
This is how McVay turned around Goff. Only problem is, cosches from Chi and NE knew it and literally shut down the Lambs offense

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is how McVay turned around Goff. Only problem is, cosches from Chi and NE knew it and literally shut down the Lambs offense

You have to remove NE from the discussion due to the Belichek factor. The Bears had a dominant defense that allows them to do things the majority of the league won't be able to.

Not saying this strategy is fool proof but with the right guy on the headset and good offensive personnel, the offense will hold the advantage in most cases. If the Cowboys go in this direction, it shows a ton of belief in Kellen Moore.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s what the Sean McVay does with Goff and it works! But I wonder if Moore can read defenses as good and quick as McVay. But regardless this is light years ahead of Garrett’s mindset so that’s a sign of improvement.

From some TC info from Broaddus and Spagnola the other day. More has taken several things from McVay and has used them in TC so far.
One is, and not that MCVay created it, but took the Rams style set up is the bunch formation. And seems it has been pretty smooth in the 7 on 7 drills.

Aven8

Reaction score
Wasn't that Chip Kelly who so eloquently illustrated that rapid-fire "no huddled" offense ,with all it's aforementioned faults ,of most recent recollection?

* also, just where the hell you been& how's life?
As you've been about shy as shade in the noon day sun around here yerself.:laugh:o_O:lmao2:o_O

New job and new life has taken me away, but can’t stay away for long! Been lurking but haven’t seen anything interesting to post about. It’s coming however. Zeke will sign and everything will fall into place. And I will still loathe JG and complain etc! ;)

erod

Reaction score
You have to remove NE from the discussion due to the Belichek factor. The Bears had a dominant defense that allows them to do things the majority of the league won't be able to.

Not saying this strategy is fool proof but with the right guy on the headset and good offensive personnel, the offense will hold the advantage in most cases. If the Cowboys go in this direction, it shows a ton of belief in Kellen Moore.

So if you can't move the ball against good defenses with this approach...

I'd argue that if this is the only way to get good play from your QB, you need a new QB.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
this ground breaking new offense better be good .
lets go moore, prove me wrong ! (relating to past postings)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
New job and new life has taken me away, but can’t stay away for long! Been lurking but haven’t seen anything interesting to post about. It’s coming however. Zeke will sign and everything will fall into place. And I will still loathe JG and complain etc! ;)
Copy that, on J.G:laugh:.,,,er,,, and also that well placed& much needed positive vibe for our double E idiot, I'm sure he appreciates the love, bro:thumbup:

*congregations on the new life,, I'm to old& set in my ways in trying to run the remaining off road miles left on my original dealer show room life,,,besides,,, I fear change:lmao:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
it's hard to believe Garrett will actually allow all these changes to the offense, we will see in pre season .

Why is it hard to believe? The offense was more explosive under garrett gefore linehan and the last few games when garrett had more input in the game plan last year. Garrett isnt the creative guy to come up with these things but he isnt trying to surpress them either.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Another example of how bad our fans are. The good news is that they will all run and disappear soon.
:laugh: * fair warning rockport,,, it's been rumoured that the WRATH of WALDO tends to leave a somewhat persistent rash upon those( after once having been exposed to it) of the common denominator ,of those who suffer bee sting critical reactions,,, er ,,, as well as to those corollary responding numbers indicate as to : those who suffer a semi debilitating aversion to left lifted up commode seats,,,er,,,as wello_O

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
McVay did this for Goff all of last year and was the main reason for their success