Kellen Moore on the run game

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree the creativity with the run game could improve. Mix in Pollard more and add some more run plays, it'll be ok.

Edit: Also more screens.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Correct. However, when you're supposed to have the best OL in the league you should dictate to the defense not the other way around.

That group is very overrated.

Travis isn’t Travis anymore, Zack has back issues and Looney is on the bench. Yeah it’s not what it once was...

Reaction score
Those stats haven’t meant anything to the better teams that Dallas has faced. Oh yeah, the Jets didn’t care about the stats either. As usual, Dallas beat a team that they should have beat, but the problems with this team is still easy to see.
Yep.

Defense

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Last week Ezekiel Elliott ran for 47 yards. Against Detroit, he had 45 yards. “At the end of the day, we’ve got the highest paid runner and a really, really good offensive line, that draws attention,” coordinator Kellen Moore said. “Whether it eventually flips or impacts in other ways as we continue to throw it, we’ll keep doing what we do. I think for myself, hey, I’ve got to find different ways. Maybe we need to approach it a little bit differently from a run game perspective.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Except Pollard looks good when hes on the field. Yeah genius you need to find "other approaches" to the run game.

CWR

Reaction score
anyone think we have any all pro's on the o-line this year? Not speaking in terms of past accomplishments but this year only. Have they played up to snuff?

Pass blocking has been great. But yeah I feel ya.

Sydla

Reaction score
We overpaid for a TB that is already showing some signs of breaking down and not being the same guy he was only 3.5 seasons ago.

This is precisely why you don’t pay TBs. their production can end up all over the map due to wear and tear, etc.

lockster

Reaction score
Last week Ezekiel Elliott ran for 47 yards. Against Detroit, he had 45 yards. “At the end of the day, we’ve got the highest paid runner and a really, really good offensive line, that draws attention,” coordinator Kellen Moore said. “Whether it eventually flips or impacts in other ways as we continue to throw it, we’ll keep doing what we do. I think for myself, hey, I’ve got to find different ways. Maybe we need to approach it a little bit differently from a run game perspective.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
A really really good offensive line doesn't get **** down, they run it down Ur throat anyways when they want. Even the Dallas cowboys management has drunk the koolaid of us having such an awesome ol. I don't think we are in the top 5 presently. Can't even think that as long as Williams is still playing guard and two others are having back problems. We haven't been there for near 3 yrs. + Or -

CWR

Reaction score
Travis isn’t Travis anymore, Zack has back issues and Looney is on the bench. Yeah it’s not what it once was...

Fred will need one more year to regain his strength. Schlerth said it wasn't until his second year back until he felt like himself again. I wouldn't count him out yet.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
pollard had like one run and it was a misdirection toss to the outside. zeke has been pretty average but there is something fundamentally wrong with our blocking scheme that is not allowing at the very least 4-5 yards a run

I think that Zeke is dancing too much in the backfield. He doesn't hit the hole hard and fast like he used to. Taking a little vacation didn't help.

Pollard has a few good runs besides that toss to the outside. But he's been more productive this year than Zeke.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Fred will need one more year to regain his strength. Schlerth said it wasn't until his second year back until he felt like himself again. I wouldn't count him out yet.

No doubt but fans, critics, etc live in the moment..

Reactions: CWR

links18

Reaction score
So, run Zeke behind left guard on first down more often? I am not sure that's even possible.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Change your approach when what you're doing isn't working?

That's not allowed! We do what we do!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correct. However, when you're supposed to have the best OL in the league you should dictate to the defense not the other way around.

That group is very overrated.

They are, certainly when it comes to the running game. Far too often, they fail to move opponents off the ball and truly dominate the line of scrimmage. And that's the expectation given the huge investments made there.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
“At the end of the day, we’ve got the highest paid runner and a really, really good offensive line, that draws attention,” coordinator Kellen Moore said.

That's very interesting.

Note that the oline is also the most expensive oline.

But Moore highlites the high *cost* of Zeke, and the high *performance* of the oline.

Moore seems basically sane and honest. Garrett needs to get him out of here ASAP.