Kellen Moore was never the problem

MojaveJT

Reaction score
The common denominator between Moore and McCarthys offense is you know who. This team has been catered to him and it’s the same results over and over.

Cut the dead weight.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a Dak stat guy? I'm a win guy. I was a Romo guy. The guy Dallas ran off for Dak. I like Dak. I truly do but man he has regressed to the point that he may be washed. He reached his peak years ago.
Oh sorry??......thought you were loving on km. My bad

God people...i hate em.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
MM didn't want Kellen. that's why he never got involved in the offense. if MM had issues with Running the ball certain times, then just freaking over ride the call.

KM got shoved down MM's throat by Jerry, so the dynamic was never going to work.

now, I know boy wonder left some to be desired. we lived through him learning and now as he improved, there were plays you scratch you head wondering what the heck, so learned and made mistakes with us, he moved on. MM could have worked with him and mentor him. I don't think he wanted to.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
I just keep waiting on the supposed improvement. I mean the playcaller has his skins on the wall with a Lombardi even.
The situational playcalling and run game efficiency that was touted here by many that would be a staple of a McCarthy led offense I've still yet to see.
All I see is a bunch of horizontal dink and dunk with a sporadic run or screen tossed in.

Color me unimpressed would be putting it mildly.

Moore way over achieved with what he was working with at QB and like Risen said, after showing that kinda production as an OC you don't fire him. You give him a raise after accomplishing what he did with Whack Mascot as his QB.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
Well I don't know if Dak didn't just lose a step from last year or not. He's painfully slow.

JustChip

Reaction score
Kellen was not the problem, but neither was he the solution. Kellen should never have been held over when McCarthy was brought in. He was retained because Dak was comfortable with him. Comfortability has been and is the problem with this team.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I said this the minute Kellen left....he was never the problem....and I would be proven right.

Kellen was handicapped with Prescott...having to limit the playbook....yet no one believed me.

Now you got McCarthy telling you exactly that in a press conference.

The awakening is complete....and if your still in denial....then that's on you.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Moore wasn't handling the mission for top level success...no matter how many peafowls strutting are shoved into a dump truck.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Needed a scapegoat. He wasn’t the problem but he also wasn’t the answer. And no one will be as long as Dak is here.
No one coordinator is the ‘answer’. That’s sort of the point. A player or coach is either part of the problem or part of the solution. Cowboys were ranked at or near the top in scoring, yards, and red zone efficiency w/ Moore. He certainly was not part of the problem

GINeric

Reaction score

Kellen Moore was definitely a big part of the problem. Kellen Moore had a very low football IQ.

There have been MANY games Zeke and Pollard was averaging 5, 6, 7 yards a carry.... then we'll get to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and goal to go.... Moore would call three straight running plays.

Again, if you're averaging over 5 yards yards a carry, what would a coordinator with half of a brain do on short yardage plays?? Exactly....

Not dumb *** Kellen Moore!!!

Another thing that pissed me off.... we would gash our opponents with the run game and they couldn't stop it... then Moore bails them out by calling more pass plays.

Guess what the good coordinators with a good football IQ does??? Keep calling run plays until you prove you can stop it!!! Not dumb *** Kellen Moore!!!

His in-game awareness and adjustments were trash with us. Like I said before, I'm GLAD he's gone.

Mark

Reaction score
I hated KM's fascination with bubble screens (that rarely worked). But Mike's dumbed-down offense is as vanilla & predictable **.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I like Texas Toast, especially when it's smothered in sausage gravy. In the military we called it 'poop on a shingle'.
Thank you for your service, but don't ever disrespect Texas toast with sausage gravy like that again, ya heard?!

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Lol. Kellan Moore refused to run the ball when it was warranted. Complete lack of situational awareness when it comes to football.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't underestimate the stupidity of the ownership.
First you don't know leadership developments at the team levels or thoroughness in an after-action-analysis with changes monitored. They don't do it on the level of a griping unappreciative fan.