Kellen Moore will remain QB coach

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It’s not the end of the world.

Richard came here without having all the power at first. He changed the secondary scheme and over the season took control of the whole unit. The FO is trying to find the offensive version of Richard.
They already have it in Kellen Moore. You saw some of his influence...but not enough to make a difference. I hope he gets a shot.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen isn't under contract and you know he'll follow his daddy Scott Linehan to wherever he goes.

No, we really don't know that, and in fact we don't know Linehan will even have a job next year, much less one where he gets to bring in his own coaches. The trend is young OCs these days, not aging coaches who just got fired.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh No. Lord No. Dumbest franchise in football. Good luck getting a good OC when he won't be able to pick his top lieutenants.

Do Coordinators necessarily get to do that? Newly hired head coaches generally get the power to pick their staff, but I don't know that newly hired coordinators necessarily do.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s about all the confirmation you need that the new OC will be a Garrett puppet already on staff. They are basically just promoting someone to offensive play calling. It will still be Garrett’s offense. No outside coach worth anything is stepping into a situation where he doesn’t get his coaches.

I'm missing the logic here. Who are they promoting to offensive play calling? Prmotion means using someone already on staff, and there is no indication of any kind that the new OC will be somebody already on staff.

And as I said in another post, I'm not sure the idea that newly hired coordinators get to clean house and bring in their own staff is really the way it is always done. That authority usually goes with a newly hired head coach, but I don't think that's a given with newly hired coordinators.

tm1119

Reaction score
Stupid response and insults get you on my ignore list.
Guess you have nothing as you know I am correct.

Now go and kiss your Kellen Moore poster to make you feel better.

Oh no, not the ignore list! :eek:

I clearly bashed Dak with my last sentence and then you accused me of being a homer. It makes no sense, your entire argument made no sense. That’s why I questioned if English is your 2nd langue...not that there’s anything wrong with that. You’re doing well with it, keep up the hard work. Comprehension will come eventually.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm missing the logic here. Who are they promoting to offensive play calling? Prmotion means using someone already on staff, and there is no indication of any kind that the new OC will be somebody already on staff.

And as I said in another post, I'm not sure the idea that newly hired coordinators get to clean house and bring in their own staff is really the way it is always done. That authority usually goes with a newly hired head coach, but I don't think that's a given with newly hired coordinators.

Basically everyone with some experience on the offensive staff has been mentioned as possible OC.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is a BS story...until it is official. Not what I been hearing at all...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is amusing is that whoever the OC will be, it is a complete unknown as to how effective he will be. Many are singing ding dong the witch is dead with Linehan and he wasn't the only problem, just part of it. That OL was a bunch of flying monkeys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically everyone with some experience on the offensive staff has been mentioned as possible OC.

Mentioned by who? Surely you don't think the ramblings of fans who mostly say things like that as an excuse to make snide comments about the Cowboys actually mean anything.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Do Coordinators necessarily get to do that? Newly hired head coaches generally get the power to pick their staff, but I don't know that newly hired coordinators necessarily do.
Not in every situation, but it is fairly common that OCs assign the QB coach. It's usually done because of the familiarity of the system with the OC. It does seem premature to say we should keep Moore before we decide on a new OC. A new OC may have someone they prefer because of familiarity of his system or may want someone different based on what he thinks their QB coach can improve with Dak. That may still be the case and Moore could simply be reassigned within the coaching system.

CPanther95

Reaction score
No-brainer.

He took a 3rd year 4th round pick that was on the decline with a questionable future and turned him into a franchise QB that will be making $30 million/year on a long term contract - in just one year. He's a genius.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not in every situation, but it is fairly common that OCs assign the QB coach. It's usually done because of the familiarity of the system with the OC. It does seem premature to say we should keep Moore before we decide on a new OC. A new OC may have someone they prefer because of familiarity of his system or may want someone different based on what he thinks their QB coach can improve with Dak. That may still be the case and Moore could simply be reassigned within the coaching system.

Thanks. It does seem that even if they were pretty adamant about keeping Moore the smart move would have been to wait and hire the OC so there was at least the appearance the OC was involved. But, I guess ultimately it's at the coach's discretion to retain someone he sees as an asset.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Kellen said in his reply, " I can't make chicken salad out of dak. He won't listen and is easily scared"