Kellen More is a Football Wizard

Cowfan75

Reaction score
This kind of response is always the fall back of the illogical mind. The fact is, I am not "all-in" on Moore, but not because I question his mind, but because I question his experience level. That worries me because no matter how "football smart" he is, there is a lot to be gained from learning through experience, and Moore doesn't have that as a coach. The other fact is it's illogical and irrational for a fan to suggest he somehow knows more about Kellen Moore than professional coaches and players who have worked directly with Moore.

LOL...now my response is a "fall back of an illogical mind". That's a new one from you, but I'm kind of proud of you. It's creative. When did I ever question his mind, kid? He could be the smartest man alive and that means absolutely nothing when it comes to success in the NFL. Hence why I talked about needing to see results. The whole "genius" talk should be no indication as to whether or not Moore is the right fit for this--or any--job in the NFL, which is why it's so ridiculous. But apparently needing to see results is illogical?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...now my response is a "fall back of an illogical mind". That's a new one from you, but I'm kind of proud of you. It's creative. When did I ever question his mind, kid? He could be the smartest man alive and that means absolutely nothing when it comes to success in the NFL. Hence why I talked about needing to see results. The whole "genius" talk should be no indication as to whether or not Moore is the right fit for this--or any--job in the NFL, which is why it's so ridiculous. But apparently needing to see results is illogical?

lol - you said Moore has shown zero knowledge in the NFL - how is that not questioning his mind? Clearly I haven't been discussing his SAT scores, and clearly I have discussed Moore's mind in the context of football and have discussed what all the actual football players and coaches have said about him from working with him in football.

I don't disagree that the term "genius" has been thrown around too much, although I really think it's only a few that used that word, and it's more the media tossing it around that have made a big deal out of it.

As for your comment suggesting that I think it's illogical to need to see results, nothing I said disputes that, and in fact I specifically said his inexperience as a coach worries me. But a fan needing to see results does not mean he has shown zero knowledge in the NFL, it just means you and I aren't in the same position to see it as those who actually work with him. You need to understand I'm not pumping Moore up as certain to be a success. I'm no different than you in that I will need to see the success before I can jump fully on board.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So far Dak and TFred have given Moore huge praise

They would know better than anyone and when was the last time JJones handed over a coordinator job to someone under 30..... he is impressed as well

Cowfan75

Reaction score
lol - you said Moore has shown zero knowledge in the NFL - how is that not questioning his mind? Clearly I haven't been discussing his SAT scores, and clearly I have discussed Moore's mind in the context of football and have discussed what all the actual football players and coaches have said about him from working with him in football.

I don't disagree that the term "genius" has been thrown around too much, although I really think it's only a few that used that word, and it's more the media tossing it around that have made a big deal out of it.

As for your comment suggesting that I think it's illogical to need to see results, nothing I said disputes that, and in fact I specifically said his inexperience as a coach worries me. But a fan needing to see results does not mean he has shown zero knowledge in the NFL, it just means you and I aren't in the same position to see it as those who actually work with him. You need to understand I'm not pumping Moore up as certain to be a success. I'm no different than you in that I will need to see the success before I can jump fully on board.

Okay, since we are basically saying the same thing, yet seemingly at a sticking point when it comes to Moore's mind....

He could be smart...very smart. But he has, to this point, shown zero knowledge in the NFL. That doesn't make him an idiot, just grossly unqualified.

Hey, if Moore succeeds and we turn into the greatest show on turf, I'll gladly fix myself a heaping plate of crow. But this up-and-coming story is eerily reminiscent of Jason Garrett.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
So far Dak and TFred have given Moore huge praise

They would know better than anyone and when was the last time JJones handed over a coordinator job to someone under 30..... he is impressed as well

Jerry has also been impressed with Garrett for 10 years, so I don't put much stock in that. As for the others, that's great they think he's great. To this point, he hasn't shown any indication he can do anything at the NFL level, but I guess it's better than players hating him. Doesn't matter either way now. We got what we got.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Okay, since we are basically saying the same thing, yet seemingly at a sticking point when it comes to Moore's mind....

He could be smart...very smart. But he has, to this point, shown zero knowledge in the NFL. That doesn't make him an idiot, just grossly unqualified.

Hey, if Moore succeeds and we turn into the greatest show on turf, I'll gladly fix myself a heaping plate of crow. But this up-and-coming story is eerily reminiscent of Jason Garrett.
You saying "zero knowledge in the NFL" is 100% false..... he has been in the NFL for 7 years and has impressed everyone he played with or coached

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore could be the next Sean McVey or the next “Flavor of the month”. But now that he has the job, I hope he succeeds and he deserves a chance. The results will speak for themselves.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
You saying "zero knowledge in the NFL" is 100% false..... he has been in the NFL for 7 years and has impressed everyone he played with or coached

Too bad he hasn't shown any actual results over those 7 years. But, he impresses people!! That's great!!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Give it up dude..... when you find yourself in a hole stop digging

Lol...reverse psychology? I'll wait while you think of one good result Moore has given us.
I think you are going to be very happy in 2020.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

The bolded statement is not accurate.

Unless you are or have been on the staff or are a player, you cannot really know what knowledge he has or has not shown in the NFL. Nobody outside of those circles is really going to know what knowledge a QB coach has shown. Further, showing knowledge and having knowledge are completely different things. One can be extremely qualified without having somehow made that "shown" to everyone.

I'm not sure what kind of evidence you, as a fan, would even look for to know what he has or has not shown.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The bolded statement is not accurate.

Unless you are or have been on the staff or are a player, you cannot really know what knowledge he has or has not shown in the NFL. Nobody outside of those circles is really going to know what knowledge a QB coach has shown. Further, showing knowledge and having knowledge are completely different things. One can be extremely qualified without having somehow made that "shown" to everyone.

Lol...another one?
Okay...forget knowledge known vs knowledge unbeknownst.
He has shown nothing to prove that he is good in the NFL.
Better??

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lol...another one?
Okay...forget knowledge known vs knowledge unbeknownst.
He has shown nothing to prove that he is good in the NFL.
Better??

Shown to who?
What exactly are you looking to have been shown?
Do you have any concrete criteria you are looking for?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Shown to who?
What exactly are you looking to have been shown?
Do you have any concrete criteria you are looking for?

Oh my...

Success would be the "criteria" I look for, and what fans are looking to be shown.
Success, as it relates to Moore, means winning games and elevating the play of the QB. He failed to do both.
If this doesn't help, there is literally no way to break it down to a simpler level.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Oh my...

Success would be the "criteria" I look for, and what fans are looking to be shown.
Success, as it relates to Moore, means winning games and elevating the play of the QB. He failed to do both.
If this doesn't help, there is literally no way to break it down to a simpler level.

Means winning games? As a QB coach?
I mean, considering the QB they have, I think 10 wins and one playoff win is pretty damned good. But that is a team metric, not really a QB metric.
Why would you say he didn't elevate the play of the QB? Based on what? You seem to think Dak has it in him to be elite. That's a pretty wild assumption IMO.
It's very possible Dak's potential is being maximized as a QB (except perhaps the running aspect).
I don't think you would have any clue what a QB coach being successful and showing knowledge would look like (not saying I would either).

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Means winning games? As a QB coach?
I mean, considering the QB they have, I think 10 wins and one playoff win is pretty damned good. But that is a team metric, not really a QB metric.
Why would you say he didn't elevate the play of the QB? Based on what? You seem to think Dak has it in him to be elite. That's a pretty wild assumption IMO.
It's very possible Dak's potential is being maximized as a QB (except perhaps the running aspect).
I don't think you would have any clue what a QB coach being successful and showing knowledge would look like (not saying I would either).

"Winning games"...as it relates to Moore as a QB. He was a QB before he was a QB coach.
I would say he failed at his latest job because Dak showed no improvement on the issues he was having throughout the course of the season...based on that. When did I say Dak was elite? Maybe he's terrible and no QB coach can fix him. But based on his continued tendencies to hold the ball too long, panic in the pocket, miss reads, not even TRY to look beyond the first read, take sacks...yes, I'd say Moore failed. Again, unless Dak is just that bad.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I supposed the sticking point is how you define “knowledge in the NFL”. I don’t think a guy watching games on TV can say Moore hasn’t shown that. The ones who know are the players and coaches he has worked with.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I supposed the sticking point is how you define “knowledge in the NFL”. I don’t think a guy watching games on TV can say Moore hasn’t shown that. The ones who know are the players and coaches he has worked with.

Fair enough, but I (and I assume all the other fans watching games on TV) just hope that his knowledge translates into actual success at some point.