Kellen More is a Football Wizard

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol...i think it'd hilarious you people got what you wanted and you're still crying just as I predicted. It would be the same if it was Garrett...lol

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It looks like he may have been calling plays....not good.
cno6hk8pbyaqpo0vcpgl.jpg

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah like I said several posts back everybody came up short in that game not just Dak. My only point is that I hope Kellen can help improve Dak’s anticipation since that is Kellen’s strength. It was more than a few random passes, it was 5 drive killing passes at critical junctures of the game. He got a pass from me all year because all the receivers were new, chemistry isn’t easily obtained but in the postseason everything is for keeps. The entire team came up small, some things stood out more...
Can you tell me why New Orleans didn't make it? What about Philly? What about Green Bay? What about Kansas City, or the great Rivers didn't make it? I'm just wondering because I'm sure they had much better QB play than us, so I'm curious why they couldn't make it?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Can you tell me why New Orleans didn't make it? What about Philly? What about Green Bay? What about Kansas City, or the great Rivers didn't make it? I'm just wondering because I'm sure they had much better QB play than us,
so I'm curious why they couldn't make it?

They didn't have Kellen Moore as OC? :grin:
Just kidding. LOL

Prossman

Reaction score
Jerry has said he doesn’t stand in the way of opportunities to advance, and that’s the right viewpoint to have. Besides, why would people want to work for him if he refused those opportunities?
Regardless of how we let those guys go, we let them go. Just dont want Moore to be the next one because of his age.

Prossman

Reaction score
BP was HC, so what exactly did you expect the Dallas staff to do? Fire Parcells and hire Sean? Yeah, no.

And Zimmer couldn't work with BP's 3-4 and went to Atlanta and then Cincinnati before Minnesota.

Thank you Capt. Hindsight.
You missed the point Einstein, the point wasn't what happened with payton or Zimmer was right or wrong.. The point was If Moore is the next offensive genius dont let him get away.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regardless of how we let those guys go, we let them go. Just dont want Moore to be the next one because of his age.

I agree with you on Moore, but the reality is you can’t always retain every coach you would like to. In Sean Payton’s case, Parcells was the head coach in Dallas, so Dallas didn’t have the head coaching position to offer like New Orleans did. And that’s how it works with most guys that become head coaches. In the NFL it’s very rare to see a guy work through lower level coaching roles and up through the ranks and eventually become head coach with the same team. Usually when the head coach fails and is fired the top assistants are fired too and the team starts fresh with a new head coach who brings in his own staff. Fortunately we don’t have to offer the head coaching job to retain Moore, at least for now.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You missed the point Einstein, the point wasn't what happened with payton or Zimmer was right or wrong.. The point was If Moore is the next offensive genius dont let him get away.
Cool story, but your point is sort of irrelevant. While I agree to hang onto Moore for potential reasons, that has nothing to do with the Sean Payton situation. He left for a higher position that we had filled. I'm not sure why some fans continue to misinterpret the facts just to crap on the front office. There are plenty of real things to consider without making up BS.
So again, Payton getting promoted to a higher position Dallas didn't have available isn't "letting him go." We really didn't have a realistic choice otherwise.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sorry if posted already, but the problem with Moore is twofold....

1. He is a bit goofy looking.

2. We got to firsthand see him try to play QB in the NFL, which he simply does not have the arm to do, so we associate failure with him.

If he never played a down in the league, and/or was on someone else’s staff, most here would be enamored with the guy as the next young genius that could come here and save us.

I personally think you could bring McVay himself here and he wouldn’t be able to do a thing with the owner’s meddling and undermining. Tough to command respect of certain players when your boss wants to be their buddy.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Can you tell me why New Orleans didn't make it? What about Philly? What about Green Bay? What about Kansas City, or the great Rivers didn't make it? I'm just wondering because I'm sure they had much better QB play than us, so I'm curious why they couldn't make it?

Let’s not get sidetracked here, the thread is about Kellen and what he brings to this offense.

Ok let me try this one last time in a more homer friendly way:

Despite our defense getting trucked.
Despite the o-line not creating lanes for Zeke.
Despite getting outcoached again.

Despite all that, we had a chance to steal a win with better qb play but instead, we missed about 5-7 critical passes...

Again the entire team came up small but we had multiple chances to steal a win and we missed all of them..

I defended Dak all season because all his receivers were new but in the Postseason either u step up and make some big plays, or u go home and start all over..

Dak wasn’t the sole reason we got eliminated but he was also a huge reason we didn’t steal a win..

Valkyr

Reaction score
We'll see if Kellen can come up with something as innovative as the Bruce Coslet 'tight end pretends to fall down' play that works 100% of the time.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Let’s not get sidetracked here, the thread is about Kellen and what he brings to this offense.

Ok let me try this one last time in a more homer friendly way:

Despite our defense getting trucked.
Despite the o-line not creating lanes for Zeke.
Despite getting outcoached again.

Despite all that, we had a chance to steal a win with better qb play but instead, we missed about 5-7 critical passes...

Again the entire team came up small but we had multiple chances to steal a win and we missed all of them..

I defended Dak all season because all his receivers were new but in the Postseason either u step up and make some big plays, or u go home and start all over..

Dak wasn’t the sole reason we got eliminated but he was also a huge reason we didn’t steal a win..
I'm still waiting for you to answer the question, it's not that hard. Tell me why those other teams didn't make it either since you put the onus on the QB play? I'm curious to see what you think of other teams and why they are not in the Super Bowl. Could you enlighten me please, if you don't mind?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sorry if posted already, but the problem with Moore is twofold....

1. He is a bit goofy looking.

2. We got to firsthand see him try to play QB in the NFL, which he simply does not have the arm to do, so we associate failure with him.

If he never played a down in the league, and/or was on someone else’s staff, most here would be enamored with the guy as the next young genius that could come here and save us.

I personally think you could bring McVay himself here and he wouldn’t be able to do a thing with the owner’s meddling and undermining. Tough to command respect of certain players when your boss wants to be their buddy.
Quit reading after your goofy looking reference.
I don't care what any player/coach/owner.. anyone associated with this team looks like, I just want results.
Being a pretty boy may get you somewhere in the regular world, but when it comes to the grid iron I don't give two flying flip fingers what you "look" like.
He could look like Pee Wee Herman for all I care, just get the job done.
side note... I said he could look like Pee Wee, not act like him..lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cool story, but your point is sort of irrelevant. While I agree to hang onto Moore for potential reasons, that has nothing to do with the Sean Payton situation. He left for a higher position that we had filled. I'm not sure why some fans continue to misinterpret the facts just to crap on the front office. There are plenty of real things to consider without making up BS.
So again, Payton getting promoted to a higher position Dallas didn't have available isn't "letting him go." We really didn't have a realistic choice otherwise.
Pretty sure that Prossman is mainly referring to the current situation with Moore, and not necessarily the Sean Payton, letting him get away at that time.
This isn't rocket science really, all an offensive coordinator really has to do is force defenses into communicating, whenever there is communication, there will always be miss communication, and that allows for an opportunity to take advantage of a blown defensive assignment.
Every DC and defensive player in the league laughed at how easy Lineham made it for them with his 1 look offensive structure, I wouldn't even call it a design, that's too much credit.
Moore at least understands a Boise state offensive philosophy that stresses out a defense because you can run the the same very basic simple play out of so many different looks.
Lineham does not, and he never has had the mental capacity to understand this concept.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you to answer the question, it's not that hard. Tell me why those other teams didn't make it either since you put the onus on the QB play? I'm curious to see what you think of other teams and why they are not in the Super Bowl. Could you enlighten me please, if you don't mind?

What does that have to do with Kellen Moore, you’re deflecting here.

Big_D

Reaction score
So was Garrett. The boy genius, grew up in a football family, went to an ivy league college etc etc.. really worked wonders here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So was Garrett. The boy genius, grew up in a football family, went to an ivy league college etc etc.. really worked wonders here.

That doesn't condemn every other young coach who is said to have a good football mind. One thing I think is worth noting is that, unlike Garrett, Moore ran a complex offense in college with lots of motion and shifts and disguising plays etc, so he likely will have some different ideas.

Big_D

Reaction score
That doesn't condemn every other young coach who is said to have a good football mind. One thing I think is worth noting is that, unlike Garrett, Moore ran a complex offense in college with lots of motion and shifts and disguising plays etc, so he likely will have some different ideas.

This team is constantly looking for the next genius. My guess is an experienced OC would bring more to the table than a guy who has been a QB coach for 1 season. I'm not condemning him, I'm looking for an actual resume. He needs time to develop as a coach while the Cowboys always seem to be rushing things along like he's this great offensive mind. There's a learning curve involved and the offense is ready now, actually has been ready for a few years.