Kellen More is a Football Wizard

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I have no problem with letting him be an OC....down the road. He's been coaching one freaking year....under an OC that just got fired for a season in which the offense struggled a lot. Is now, while the team is young, really the time to experiment with a complete unknown who has very little coaching experience?

Let him coach a few more years before saying "He's the next OC genius." But I have no doubt that Jerry already believes in his genius and is ready to gamble yet again.
I understand why Garrett likes Moore so much.

They are similar in makeup..

both had fathers who were coaches.

Both lived and breathed football early on..

neither had overwhelming skills as players..

both played for the Cowboys as backups.

The guy is not stupid.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The wild-*** formations, shifts, etc that Boise State used while Moore was there can only help. It's like the Rams. It isn't that what they do is complicated, but they do all this other stuff to just slow you down a step. If Moore can bring some of that as our OC, I'm all about it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Anticipation. Does the wizard have time to teach Dak anticipation? It's year 4 now bruh
He anticipated enough to get us to the second round of the play offs, while 24 other teams/QBs who are great anticipators were sitting at home.

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
Everytime when he is on screen he doesn't know how tot use his headset.and some of You want him as a OC......

nobody

Reaction score
I understand why Garrett likes Moore so much.

They are similar in makeup..

both had fathers who were coaches.

Both lived and breathed football early on..

neither had overwhelming skills as players..

both played for the Cowboys as backups.

The guy is not stupid.

Fingers and toes crossed.

I never said he was stupid. I'm just tired of the "coach in training" excuse.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He anticipated enough to get us to the second round of the play offs, while 24 other teams/QBs who are great anticipators were sitting at home.

Yeah he’s progressing but I was disappointed in his postseason play. I looked at the entire season like one continual practice considering almost all of his receivers were new so I reserved criticism till the final game, He underperformed....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jerry is going to wait on Sean Payton and see what happens in the meantime with Garret and the new offensive staff. Payton's contract in New Orleans expires in 2020. Brees should be retiring by then............ I just think thats Jerry only better option at this point.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I remember Gruden did one of these with Dak too. He likes to act really impressed with these kids.

True. Not only that, but this kid came out of Boise St and was supposed to be hot stuff. But when he came to Dallas he got beat out by the guy he's now supposed to coach!
Point is he was supposed to be hot stuff but he wasn't, now he's supposed to be a WIZARD?
I'm not buying this wizard crap any more than the hot stuff.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. Not only that, but this kid came out of Boise St and was supposed to be hot stuff. But when he came to Dallas he got beat out by the guy he's now supposed to coach!
Point is he was supposed to be hot stuff but he wasn't, now he's supposed to be a WIZARD?
I'm not buying this wizard crap any more than the hot stuff.

That’s not at all an accurate portrayal. Moore was always considered limited physically, and it was always thought that would limit his ability to be successful in the NFL. He was considered incredibly talented in the mental aspects of the position, which obviously is the important thing in coaching, but lacking in physical skills.

For that matter, it’s not even accurate to say Dak beat him out - Moore got injured. Dak would have eventually beat him out, but at the time Moore was injured Moore was the #2 QB.

By the way, look around the NFL and make a list of all the NFL QB coaches that were better QBs than the guys they are coaching. Don’t bother to get a pen to write them down - you won’t need one.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Get a clue, you going to gamble this year's cap and development of an entire team's blood, sweat, and tears upon a completely abstract consideration...not even proven out in the collegiate ranks?

As to saying anything, nothing was, but logic still screams the message...if one has listening skills or not!!
not proven in collegiate ranks? how?

and I assume you have a better idea and know more than those in the NFL circles...aha...got it...you have inside connection......come on, tell us. is it Jerry? Stephen? mcclay? or janitor?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah he’s progressing but I was disappointed in his postseason play. I looked at the entire season like one continual practice considering almost all of his receivers were new so I reserved criticism till the final game, He underperformed....
30 other QBs will under perform when it's all said and done.