Kellen More is a Football Wizard

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
30 other QBs will under perform when it's all said and done.

Don’t get me wrong the entire team layed an egg from the defense getting trucked all day, coaches getting outcoached, hell even Jerry spilled not one but two glasses of Johnny Blue.

Dak threw 5 passes behind the receivers at critical junctures throughout the game that could have changed the outcome. Plenty of blame to go around but this thread is about what Kellen can bring, there was a bit about timing in the video, we need to improve upon that...

CCBoy

Reaction score
not proven in collegiate ranks? how?

and I assume you have a better idea and know more than those in the NFL circles...aha...got it...you have inside connection......come on, tell us. is it Jerry? Stephen? mcclay? or janitor?

Stay off the streets in Houston, it's one of the 12 worst violent crime cities in the Nation.

NO, he did no coaching in college...try again, to look smart.

You should search out the liquor guy for inside information...

CCBoy

Reaction score
We let a young Sean Peyton walk out of here a few years back. Maybe we should see what the kid can do.
Jerry gives most coaches their own heads, when contracts are over...that's a characteristic of his.:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Moore would not be my choice if Cowboys do go with him but I will say I think the kid is smarter than what many here think. I think he got as far as he has in football because of his intelligence in football rather than being physically gifted. If he get this chance I will support him despite that fact he would not be my choice.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a travesty. He wasted JJ's money on a buddy's kid.

It really wasn't a travesty. Bobby Carpenter was projected as a 1st round pick, had a desireable combination of size and speed, and with the Cowboys converting to a 3-4 defense they needed big, fast Linebackers. It was a solid choice that just didn't work out. It happens.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
4-time Super Bowl winning QB Terry Bradshaw scored a 15, So...

You don't think intelligence is an important factor in an offensive coordinator? I definitely wouldn't want Bradshaw as an OC. It's also doubtful Bradshaw would be as successful as a QB in today's NFL, which has much more complex offenses and defenses.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong the entire team layed an egg from the defense getting trucked all day, coaches getting outcoached, hell even Jerry spilled not one but two glasses of Johnny Blue.

Dak threw 5 passes behind the receivers at critical junctures throughout the game that could have changed the outcome. Plenty of blame to go around but this thread is about what Kellen can bring, there was a bit about timing in the video, we need to improve upon that...
Like I said, there will be 31 teams who failed this year and we were one of them. The good news is/was, we were top 8, so let's build on that, which starts with Jerry Jones.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You don't think intelligence is an important factor in an offensive coordinator? I definitely wouldn't want Bradshaw as an OC. It's also doubtful Bradshaw would be as successful as a QB in today's NFL, which has much more complex offenses and defenses.
I don't think you can measure intelligence via a book or a test. Stop letting scholars determine who's smart or not. A great cheater is a smart guy, just like a great physician. A great piano player is a smart guy just like a rocket scientist. Smart is subjective, but even if you are smart, doesn't mean there will be results because there's this thing called talent, you must have it not only in the front office, but at the coaching ranks on down to the players on down to the janitor.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm feeling better about him becoming the OC. The Boise offense sounds awesome, but not sure if Dak is the type of QB for it .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Stay off the streets in Houston, it's one of the 12 worst violent crime cities in the Nation.

NO, he did no coaching in college...try again, to look smart.

You should search out the liquor guy for inside information...
ok, I was thinking about his ability and his play in college.

McVay didn't coach college neither...again, I am not advocating for or against moore. its that some teams take risks and find the diamond in the rough ala mcvay. no one on this board thought mcvay is as good as he has been, yet everyone wants mcvay and everyone wants the "mcvay" to be proven. my point, mcvay was not proven. neither is moore. things we have heard that moore is considered up and coming from people who are connected to the NFL circles. not the fanzone people who are playing arm chair GM.

like I said, it looks like you are connected to some one in the organization and claiming know more than anybody else here on this board. I was asking you to verify this connection....why are you offended?

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I don't think you can measure intelligence via a book or a test. Stop letting scholars determine who's smart or not. A great cheater is a smart guy, just like a great physician. A great piano player is a smart guy just like a rocket scientist. Smart is subjective, but even if you are smart, doesn't mean there will be results because there's this thing called talent, you must have it not only in the front office, but at the coaching ranks on down to the players on down to the janitor.

There is no doubt that being an effective offensive coordinator or QB in the NFL takes a combination of talent and intelligence. In other words, testing well on the Wonderlic obviously does not guarantee success as an NFL QB, but testing low on it puts one's effectiveness in doubt in today's NFL. Today's NFL QB needs to be smart and talented. Some are super smart and somewhat talented (Ryan Fitzpatrick), some are somewhat intelligent and super talented (Cam Newton). The best are both super talented and super smart. Here are Wonderlic scores of today's top QB's:

Tom Brady - 33
Aaron Rodgers - 35
Drew Brees - 28

Matt Ryan - 32
Carson Wentz - 40
Jared Goff - 36
Phillip Rivers - 30
Andrew Luck - 37
Russel Wilson - 28
Dak Prescott - 25
Mahomes - 24
Cam Newton - 21
Deshaun Watson - 20

It looks like the all-time greats, the ones who have proven themselves over the course of a long career, scored at least in the upper 20's. Cam Newton is the outlier. He may be the most athletically talented person to ever play QB (he was unstoppable in college), but his lack of accuracy and intelligence seems like it will keep him from ever being a top-tier QB. It'll be interesting to see how the careers of Wentz and Goff compare to Mahomes and Watson, considering the differences in their Wonderlic scores.

Having said all that, an offensive coordinator's effectiveness would obviously lean more heavily toward intelligence. Kellen Moore scored a 26. Listening to him talk, he doesn't strike me as particularly bright. I do not have confidence in him as an OC. If he becomes our OC, I really hope I'm wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Even coming out of Boise, he was crowned a "Football Wizard."

After further review, I wholeheartedly approve.

Looking forward to seeing Goofy run our Offense with all of his motions and gimmicks! :thumbup:

8kh42xg.jpg

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
There is no doubt that being an effective offensive coordinator or QB in the NFL takes a combination of talent and intelligence. In other words, testing well on the Wonderlic obviously does not guarantee success as an NFL QB, but testing low on it puts one's effectiveness in doubt in today's NFL. Today's NFL QB needs to be smart and talented. Some are super smart and somewhat talented (Ryan Fitzpatrick), some are somewhat intelligent and super talented (Cam Newton). The best are both super talented and super smart. Here are Wonderlic scores of today's top QB's:

Tom Brady - 33
Aaron Rodgers - 35
Drew Brees - 28

Matt Ryan - 32
Carson Wentz - 40
Jared Goff - 36
Phillip Rivers - 30
Andrew Luck - 37
Russel Wilson - 28
Dak Prescott - 25
Mahomes - 24
Cam Newton - 21
Deshaun Watson - 20

It looks like the all-time greats, the ones who have proven themselves over the course of a long career, scored at least in the upper 20's. Cam Newton is the outlier. He may be the most athletically talented person to ever play QB (he was unstoppable in college), but his lack of accuracy and intelligence seems like it will keep him from ever being a top-tier QB. It'll be interesting to see how the careers of Wentz and Goff compare to Mahomes and Watson, considering the differences in their Wonderlic scores.

Having said all that, an offensive coordinator's effectiveness would obviously lean more heavily toward intelligence. Kellen Moore scored a 26. Listening to him talk, he doesn't strike me as particularly bright. I do not have confidence in him as an OC. If he becomes our OC, I really hope I'm wrong.
We should hire a medical student to run our offense then.