Kellen More is a Football Wizard

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
KMoore played 4 years in HS for his Dad the Coach.... they were State Champs so it was big time ball

Then he played 4 years at Boise St and won the most games ever

He is a QB Wizard like Romo is a TV Wizard..... his whole NFL career has been on the bench learning

His a walking cliche of not having enough talent but having the brains and determination..... if you can't do then teach

He is a Coaches Coach

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Even coming out of Boise, he was crowned a "Football Wizard."

All this makes me want to see is Chris Petersen hired as Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys and not Kellen Moore as OC with Jason Garrett. If Chris Petersen can make Kellen Moore the winningest QB in college history and a pro prospect, think what he can do with Dak and Zeke.

cern

Reaction score
admiral rickover was smart. but he considered athletics a waste of time. time that could be better spent getting a degree quicker. he eschewed naval academy grads that participated in sports because it typically took them two years longer to be graduated. then again, more than one of Einstein's professors suggested to him he drop out of the academy as they didn't think he had it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
All this makes me want to see is Chris Petersen hired as Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys and not Kellen Moore as OC with Jason Garrett. If Chris Petersen can make Kellen Moore the winningest QB in college history and a pro prospect, think what he can do with Dak and Zeke.
It may have been the other way around..... KMoore made Petersen

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Like I said, there will be 31 teams who failed this year and we were one of them. The good news is/was, we were top 8, so let's build on that, which starts with Jerry Jones.

No doubt lots to build on. Not a fan of breaking down deficiencies, gotcha ya...

ItzKelz

Reaction score
some of you are working over-time to feel better about Cowboys so you can finally get sleep again.
Others are not even believing that Kellen is the front runner for the position; yet he has not been hired as such.....nor a new QB coach. The media has you all.......

CCBoy

Reaction score
ok, I was thinking about his ability and his play in college.

McVay didn't coach college neither...again, I am not advocating for or against moore. its that some teams take risks and find the diamond in the rough ala mcvay. no one on this board thought mcvay is as good as he has been, yet everyone wants mcvay and everyone wants the "mcvay" to be proven. my point, mcvay was not proven. neither is moore. things we have heard that moore is considered up and coming from people who are connected to the NFL circles. not the fanzone people who are playing arm chair GM.

like I said, it looks like you are connected to some one in the organization and claiming know more than anybody else here on this board. I was asking you to verify this connection....why are you offended?

It's obvious that you no where consider it a requisite to have trained at an advanced level to really be effective at an advanced leadership position. Myself, I was a Senior NCO in the Army and saw first hand, that leadership is a learned/trained personal attribute. I served as a NCO for 19 years. There are different leadership styles, and a variety are effective...but it is a learned process. Four years at the collegiate levels of playing football for a 'minor program' does not accomplish the depth or ability to lead a NFL team.

Oh, we played BYU while I was at the US Air Force Academy.

Play around with excuses all one wishes, but stereotyping another on a arbitrary basis by you, doesn't approach why common sense was presented in the first place. The man is a tremendous gamble and if that can't be seen as a possible and major stumbling block, then one doesn't understand the transitions for Jason Garrett who was a NFL quarterback, offensive coordinator for two teams, and then journeyed 10 seasons at the head of the Cowboys to arrive where he is today.

An abstract 'gamble' can up front, be devastating as well as an extreme risk to undertake right now. Liked or not. That's the truth.

I don't have to have a special place with the team, to understand the real drama that could be costly to players and the franchise itself.

If you didn't understand the liquor store guy, just ask someone...or lay off a somewhat narrow and arrogant stance at all costs. Good night.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know but we let him interview with the saints. and later let Zimmer go who ended up the HC of the Vikings.
BP was HC, so what exactly did you expect the Dallas staff to do? Fire Parcells and hire Sean? Yeah, no.

And Zimmer couldn't work with BP's 3-4 and went to Atlanta and then Cincinnati before Minnesota.

Thank you Capt. Hindsight.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

That would be a good hire, imo.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
C'mon brah
Shawn Carter aka (Jay Z), a known street guy who sold drugs and guns for a living as a teen ager. Quit selling drugs, used that capital to start his label, now he's worth nearly a billion dollars. Brilliant mind, some would call a thug, but in actuality, he's a genius. Did his peers know he was this smart? Did school determine how great he would be?

Not all geniuses are the same. My ex wife was a scholar genius but was one of the dumbest people in life I've ever met. Not all genius is the same. Jason Garrett went to Princeton and then Columbia University. Those two schools are ranked #1 & #3 as the top University for savants like Garrett.
Wesleyan University is not even on that map. Guess who went there? Bill Parcells'. Guess who the football genius is?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No doubt lots to build on. Not a fan of breaking down deficiencies, gotcha ya...
No one knew Jackie Chan was a genius, until they recognized his works. Don't try to determine what a person may or may not be until you've seen him work.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know but we let him interview with the saints. and later let Zimmer go who ended up the HC of the Vikings.

Jerry has said he doesn’t stand in the way of opportunities to advance, and that’s the right viewpoint to have. Besides, why would people want to work for him if he refused those opportunities?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
4-time Super Bowl winning QB, Pro football hall of fame, college football hall of fame, TV analyst for over 25 years, has written 5 books, worked in Nascar, recorded 6 albums. Not bad for a guy with a wonderlic score of 15.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Shawn Carter aka (Jay Z), a known street guy who sold drugs and guns for a living as a teen ager. Quit selling drugs, used that capital to start his label, now he's worth nearly a billion dollars. Brilliant mind, some would call a thug, but in actuality, he's a genius. Did his peers know he was this smart? Did school determine how great he would be?
Not all geniuses are the same. My ex wife was a scholar genius but was one of the dumbest people in life I've ever met. Not all genius is the same. Jason Garrett went to Princeton and then Columbia University. Those two schools are ranked #1 & #3 as the top University for savants like Garrett.
Wesleyan University is not even on that map. Guess who went there? Bill Parcells'. Guess who the football genius is?

Yeah 12 years ago JJ hired an unproven "OFFENSIVE GENIUS" who has failed to win a divisional round in all of those 12 years. A GENIUS mind you, not just anybody, a genius!
Now they're trying to sell us an unproven "FOOTBALL WIZARD" that's too inexperienced for play calling so they'll have to give that job back to the same "Genius" who had play calling taken away from him once already by Jerry in January 2013.
What a circus. Who says history doesn't repeat itself? :facepalm:

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah 12 years ago JJ hired an unproven "OFFENSIVE GENIUS" who has failed to win a divisional round in all of those 12 years. A GENIUS mind you, not just anybody, a genius!
Now they're trying to sell us an unproven "FOOTBALL WIZARD" that's too inexperienced for play calling so they'll have to give that job back to the same genius who had play calling taken away from him once already by Jerry in January 2013.
What a circus. Who says history doesn't repeat itself? :facepalm:

I haven’t seen them give Moore the OC job, have you?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I haven’t seen them give Moore the OC job, have you?

Reread the post. I didn't say they "gave Moore the OC job", I said they're trying to sell us on the idea of hiring a so-called "football wizard."
They listed some other possible candidates as well, but of course the others have not been described as "football wizards".

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reread the post. I didn't say they "gave Moore the OC job", I said they're trying to sell us on the idea of hiring a so-called "football wizard."
They listed some other possible candidates as well, but of course the others have not been described as "football wizards".

Okay, so if they aren’t making him the OC, why does it matter, and how do you know Moore isn’t a very smart football guy anyway? That’s always been said of him, and not just by the Cowboys. By the way, I don’t think the Cowboys are using the word “genius”.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
4-time Super Bowl winning QB, Pro football hall of fame, college football hall of fame, TV analyst for over 25 years, has written 5 books, worked in Nascar, recorded 6 albums. Not bad for a guy with a wonderlic score of 15.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
No one knew Jackie Chan was a genius, until they recognized his works. Don't try to determine what a person may or may not be until you've seen him work.

Not sure what you’re getting at. I haven’t said anything negative about Kellen in this thread.