Kelvin Joseph working out with DB group

HungryLion

Reaction score
A DB working out with DBs?

Wow. This kid just gets it.

Context is important. Part of the reason Joseph fell to the second is that people were worried he wouldn’t take football seriously enough and put in the required work.

now, he is working out with a DB group, when he doesn’t HAVE to be doing so. He is voluntarily spending time working on his game.

Of course it’s just one small step, but I found the news relevant given the presently discussed concerns with him after being drafted.

visionary

Reaction score
How many albums would it have to be, to not be a concern? 2 is ok, but 6 is gonna ruin his career? 1 he could be all-pro, but 3 would take up too much time? As I said, it's a hobby, which every player in the NFL has several of usually. I get my job done with numerous hobbies.

the guy was booted off one team and told not to participate in the bowl game by the next team

but I’m sure you have a convenient excuse for that too

he had significant concentration, focus and maturity issues. He may “grow up” but it is up to him to prove that he can

Plankton

Reaction score
Just so we all are on the same page, your maturity at 18 is the same as today?

As immature as I may have been, I didn't have an issue showing up for things. Or, have teachers/administrators advise me to leave a class or school. This guy managed to rub two coaching staffs the wrong way. And now, you expect it to be different when he's getting paid, especially in an environment where accountability doesn't exist?

freemanjc19

Reaction score
He’s incredibly talented, but has a lot of red flags depending on who you ask.

This my friend is called Stereo Typing. Have we not learned anything in 2020/2021!!!!

What red flags are you certain of? Could it be these 50 year old Caucasian Scouts just done' t connect with the younger black generation on having ambitions of making Rap Music; HMMM! Cole Beasley was rapping before he got drafted and you never knew that until he made a CD after a fee years on the team. Why were there no red flags for him? So enlighten me, what red flags does he have that no other young man has at his age? I served on 3 Air Craft Carries, and I can assure you that young men and women between 18-26 are still making terrible life changing decisions. We all do, the smart ones learn from their errant way and others fall by the waist side. Its really not unusual, sometime a young man just needs some one to look up too.

Last edited:

freemanjc19

Reaction score
the guy was booted off one team and told not to participate in the bowl game by the next team

but I’m sure you have a convenient excuse for that too

he had significant concentration, focus and maturity issues. He may “grow up” but it is up to him to prove that he can

Provide facts not Hearsay!

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Lets get the story straight.
At Lsu he was suspended for the bowl game for a rules violation. He transferred to Kentucky. He opted out with one game left.
So he wasnt "kicked out of lsu and Kentucky didnt tell him not play in bowl game"
I understand the nervousness on the kid but atleast be accurate.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The rapping is inconsequential to his success, it's a hobby like anything else so as long as it doesn't affect his profession, have at it. If he was was a guitar enthusiast we wouldn't even know about it. I don't know much about the suspension/exile from LSU, and that could potentially be the only thing that would concern me. But again, I don't know enough about it to say if it's a red flag or not.
Well, he could be golfing instead and we know how bad of a hobby that is!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This my friend is called Stereo Typing. Have we not learned anything in 2020/2021!!!!

What red flags are you certain of? Could it be these 50 year old Caucasian Scouts just done' t connect with the younger black generation on having ambitions of making Rap Music; HMMM! Cole Beasley was rapping before he got drafted and you never knew that until he made a CD after a fee years on the team. Why were there no red flags for him? So enlighten me, what red flags does he have that no other young man has at his age? I served on 3 Air Craft Carries, and I can assure you that young men and women between 18-26 are still making terrible life changing decisions. We all do, the smart ones learn from their errant way and others fall by the waist side. Its really not unusual, sometime a young man just needs some one to look up too.

No, I do not care the he raps. I don't care about any players' hobby.

I'm talking about him quitting on the team, and taking idiotic personal foul penalties. He wasn't a very disciplined player on the field.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't trust this front office to properly vet a guy for whether he loves football or not. I also think playing in Dallas is the worst environment for players who bring about these kinds of questions. With the general lack of accountability within the Cowboys, you really need more football focused guys in the building than those who aren't.

Why don't you take him at his word?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Context is important. Part of the reason Joseph fell to the second is that people were worried he wouldn’t take football seriously enough and put in the required work.

now, he is working out with a DB group, when he doesn’t HAVE to be doing so. He is voluntarily spending time working on his game.

Of course it’s just one small step, but I found the news relevant given the presently discussed concerns with him after being drafted.

I was simply making a joke. Glad he's getting some extra training in in the off-season.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
No, I do not care the he raps. I don't care about any players' hobby.

I'm talking about him quitting on the team, and taking idiotic personal foul penalties. He wasn't a very disciplined player on the field.

Nothing above that your mentioned is related to character concerns issues. Bad decision, yes; but it not associated with character. Personal Fouls are not understanding how to vent your frustration: easy to correct.

If telling your coach that your future NFL career is more important and don't want to play the last couple of games to prevent injuries', then there is a disconnect what you and I define as "Character Concerns". Albert Haynsworth, Pac Man Jones, Kenny Britt, Greg Hardy, Josh Ball, Titus Young, Rae Carruth, Lawrence Phillips, Ray Rice, and Aaron Hernandez had Character Concerns. This young man is nowhere near the level of the above mentioned players that the NFL still drafted having character Concerns.

The point is, we just have to wait and see!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Lets get the story straight.
At Lsu he was suspended for the bowl game for a rules violation. He transferred to Kentucky. He opted out with one game left.
So he wasnt "kicked out of lsu and Kentucky didnt tell him not play in bowl game"
I understand the nervousness on the kid but atleast be accurate.

Yea the second one I have no issues with at all. We saw what happened to Jaylon Smith. If a guy plays themselves into being a high draft pick I don't blame them for not risking their bodies further.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Ok let me kno where i can buy a house with tuition receipts
Well he could have just paid to go to college like everyone else but was offered the opportunity to showcase his skills to be drafted. I guess he could have just waited for the XFL to come back to showcase his talent!

I am pretty sure that 2nd rd draft contract will buy that house for him!