Keys to Beating Tampa

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Brady might have 4 td passes. He’ll cross over to 600 career touchdown passes later this season as well as pass breezes for number one in yards. He definitely cares about his stats

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dak getting the ball out...quickly.
getting consistent pressure on brady.
not necessarily sacks...but just making him uncomfortable.
and like every game...turn overs.
i'll add this.
NO.
EMPTY.
POSSESSIONS.
we gotta hold on to it...and cash'm in.
more often than not.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Here are key things that the Cowboys can do to beat Tampa on Opening Night. Yes, I said BEAT Tampa. This game isn't a lost cause before it's played. These are two NFL teams playing each other, so each can win. Here's the key things to do when playing Tompa Bay.

• Pressure and hit Brady as much as possible. Brady struggles when he's getting hit a lot. This is how the Bears beat him last year.
  • Run the ball a lot. Oline's strengths should be run blocking. The Bucs are going to try to blitz a lot. A good way to slow them down is to run it down their throat. When they play run heavy team like the Bears, their defence struggles. Additionally, we will need this to control the clock. Do not give Brady a lot of time on the ball.
  • Put Wright on Evans. He's similarly sized and has similar physical traits. Yes, he's a 3rd rookie, but he's the best equipped to handle Evans while Diggs takes Godwin. Joseph's not ready to play, nor should he. Brown is what we know him to be and does not match up well on Evans. Wright does. He might get beat early, but he's a rookie. Let him get experience against a WR he actually can match up with. I'd also put a little safety help from Kazee on Evans early to help out Wright until he appears comfortable.
  • Lewis should take the slot WR. He's best equipped there.
  • Quick passes. We don't need deep shots this game, at least early on. We need to get the ball out quickly and let the WRs and Zeke use their feet.
  • Most importantly - NO TURNOVERS! We need to not fumble and not throw INTs.
  • Oh, and field position will be useful.
If we can do that, I think we will win.
Love ya fur, but don't see us winning this one
Especially with Martin out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are key things that the Cowboys can do to beat Tampa on Opening Night. Yes, I said BEAT Tampa. This game isn't a lost cause before it's played. These are two NFL teams playing each other, so each can win. Here's the key things to do when playing Tompa Bay.

• Pressure and hit Brady as much as possible. Brady struggles when he's getting hit a lot. This is how the Bears beat him last year.
  • Run the ball a lot. Oline's strengths should be run blocking. The Bucs are going to try to blitz a lot. A good way to slow them down is to run it down their throat. When they play run heavy team like the Bears, their defence struggles. Additionally, we will need this to control the clock. Do not give Brady a lot of time on the ball.
  • Put Wright on Evans. He's similarly sized and has similar physical traits. Yes, he's a 3rd rookie, but he's the best equipped to handle Evans while Diggs takes Godwin. Joseph's not ready to play, nor should he. Brown is what we know him to be and does not match up well on Evans. Wright does. He might get beat early, but he's a rookie. Let him get experience against a WR he actually can match up with. I'd also put a little safety help from Kazee on Evans early to help out Wright until he appears comfortable.
  • Quick passes. We don't need deep shots this game, at least early on. We need to get the ball out quickly and let the WRs and Zeke use their feet.

Win the turnover battle.

Agree about hitting Brady.

I don't think Wright is ready to play against Evans.
- I do like your thought process with Wright's size vs Evan but at this point Diggs vs Evans would be the best option.

Are you always the same character at conventions?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Win the turnover battle.

Agree about hitting Brady.

I don't think Wright is ready to play against Evans.
- I do like your thought process with Wright's size vs Evan but at this point Diggs vs Evans would be the best option.

Are you always the same character at conventions?

Some are, some have different suits. I don't have one yet, but it should arrive in November.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
We need to dominate time of possession. We can't throw away our 1st and 2nd downs and continually find ourselves with 3rd and 10s. We need our offense on the field, completing long (and probably slow) sustained drives.

quickccc

Reaction score

Thanks for Sharing ...,,

- Pressuring Brady is easier said than done ,, the Bucs have rebuilt their OL and put together a solid unit that can pass block and run the ball
i am still stunned Giants bypassed Tristan Wirfs to instead draft Andrew Thomas.

- i don't revert to teams that beat Bucs in the earlier going ,, that's when they were still in developing rapport with the system, QB... that was when they
still building confidence as a defensive unit .. where the Bucs need to be best measured is when they put together an 8 game streak en route
to the SB blowout over dynamic Chiefs offense.

- Antonio Brown is more in tune with the offense, and he's even 3rd string to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin .. and then there's the Gronk.
Even their RBs were playing at a great level by that time as well , in Ronald Jones and Fournette - if we get out of place worrying
about Brady that's when off tackle runs and draw plays

- Collins' injury worries and i'm already skeptical that he is Not in the physical shape he needs to be effective. In fact i can see him
getting pulled outta this game due to struggle and reaggravation injury.

quickccc

Reaction score
i'm not sure we have safeties than can cover Gronk,
and i don't like the matchup with Brown vs Evans ..im sure Bucs will move Evans around .. ditto with Gronk
i see us playing a lot of zone coverage much of the game - keep big plays in front of us rather than risk behind us .

- just as Bucs passing game gonna be a number on our defense, we present a dangerous receiving game ourselves.
Bucs play a solid disciplined secondary as a whole unit. But i think they can be had ... there's no shutdown CB there
and no one that can handle Lamb or Cooper. and i'll take Gallup vs their 3rd CB.

- With their big, physical front and the way we tend to run the ball , i don't expect big rushing yds vs the top run defense in NFL.
but i would like the chance to make their front seven work and chase ..to see if they tire and wear down to some degree.
Misdirection runs and pass plays to counter than initial read and moves - and a no huddle offense at some point to wear down the
DL and quick subs

- We will need to " attempt" to run the ball and keep RBs involved in the game, but with their ability to stop the run, and active LBs fishing out
plays regularly, we won't make a living outta it all game long.

- i do worry about Kellen going more conservative On the Road to avoid big turnover mistakes than he how he's more aggressive at home.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Brady is the Bucs true edge so if you can affect him you help yourself. Keep pressure on him, forcing him to throw short passes. Increase their odds for error/ turnover. McCarthy keeps track of big plays during games. If we can minimize the Buc's big plays then we increase our chances of winning. The play calling for this game can not be conservative. Our offense has to create big plays and put points on the board every chance they get.

CoachD

Reaction score
Keys to Beating Tampa........Score more points then them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Keys to Beating Tampa........Score more points then them.

giphy.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Brady is the Bucs true edge so if you can affect him you help yourself. Keep pressure on him, forcing him to throw short passes. Increase their odds for error/ turnover. McCarthy keeps track of big plays during games. If we can minimize the Buc's big plays then we increase our chances of winning. The play calling for this game can not be conservative. Our offense has to create big plays and put points on the board every chance they get.

I agree. Conservative playcalling in this game will not cut it. We gotta mix things up a bit, especially with the news that broke today about Zach.