KFFL reports Owens could be traded to Raiders for

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jterrell said:
That would be so sweet. Moss and TO trying to outpreen each other.
The Bay would definitely fall off into the ocean with those 2 ego's weighing it down.

Bad thing is Porter would kill us yearly for a long time:(

If TO stays, so does he......I'd rather have to go against Porter myself.

And Moss and TO on the same team. Poor, poor Kerry Collins.

Hoov

Reaction score
k19 said:
Maybe they'd both "out do" their contacts and hold out :D

K19 - the "one eyed jack" LMAO

i was wondering what you wanted to do with Brains cards

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

I think your wrong. TO will eventually cause Philly to self distruct. Not so with Porter. Porter will continue to get better and eventually create a pretty strong bond with McNappie. In my mind, Porter is much more dangerous then Owens.

Hoov

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

I agree, porter wasnt that good last year....he has potential but cetianly not the skills of TO

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Now it's been a while since I've taken Chemisty, but if you add a dose of T.O, a dose of RM, one dose of Al Davis, and a large dosage of Raiderfans...doesn't this lead to an Earth-shattering kaboom?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
Wouldn't work....both T.O. and Moss would ***** all the time about not getting enough passes thrown to them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Charles said:
I do. There skills at the Wr position actually complement each other.
Moss is already saying he could do it if he got whatever amount of passes he thinks he deserves. Can't wait on the weekly Moss/TO box score checks for requisite number of passes to each.

While they do have complimentary skills do you really see TO being cool with Moss getting all the Tds and him doing the underneath Keyshawn Johnson stuff?

TO is gonna block while Moss doesnt?

The Raiders already have the best WR corps in the league.

Exchanging Porter for TO would be a huge mistake.

And I highly doubt we'll see an upcapped year but even if we do it wont help them come up with cap room right now. The NFL owners aren't baseball owners.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Now it's been a while since I've taken Chemisty, but if you add a dose of T.O, a dose of RM, one dose of Al Davis, and a large dosage of Raiderfans...doesn't this lead to an Earth-shattering kaboom?
Don't forget Warren Sapp

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

Maybe it'd be better facing Porter for a year or 2 but then Porter will be a top 10 WR and TO will be retired.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Charles said:
I think there is un-capped year looming in the next 2-3 seasons.

Moss and Owens :bow:

An un-capped year is not going to happen. Adam has the detials but I believe, an un-capped year coincides with the end of the CBA. If an agreement (whihc includes extenind the salary capp) is not reached the whole NFL basically blows up, with the Players Association de-certifying and all contacts nulling out.

Pandemonium, which won't happen.

As far as ending up with Moss and Owens together on the same team, I'd have to think that it would be entertaining.

Successful? I'd hav emy doubts, that's the biggest ego clash in the history of sports, but since I'm not a Raiders fan, I do think it would be fun to watch the fireworks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hoov said:
I agree, porter wasnt that good last year....he has potential but cetianly not the skills of TO

He caught 64 balls for 998 yards, 9 TDs and averaged 15.6 per catch. All this while learning a new offense. That's not bad.

TheHustler

Reaction score
man, that would be incredible. kerry collins would be a shoe-in for the pro-bowl before the season even started.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Erik_H said:
An un-capped year is not going to happen. Adam has the detials but I believe, an un-capped year coincides with the end of the CBA. If an agreement (whihc includes extenind the salary capp) is not reached the whole NFL basically blows up, with the Players Association de-certifying and all contacts nulling out.

Pandemonium, which won't happen.

As far as ending up with Moss and Owens together on the same team, I'd have to think that it would be entertaining.

Successful? I'd hav emy doubts, that's the biggest ego clash in the history of sports, but since I'm not a Raiders fan, I do think it would be fun to watch the fireworks.

While I don't think a uncapped year will occur it is possible. Reason is the CBA goes through the 2007 season but 2006 is the last year to have a cap. Now that does not mean a team can inflate a players contract that one year a players salary can only increase 30% from a capped year to a uncapped year and remember you can only prorate your bonuses for 3 years beyond a uncapped year. so if you did hope for a uncapped year to so that one year you could go crazy well the next year with a cap you would be screwed.

now If this trade happens the Raiders will have to move more than porter. Granted they wouldn't be responsible for Owens bonus but they would be next year for Porters accelerated bonus. They could do it this year but be screwed next with the cap but then again they could choose not to franchise Woodson again and save 10mil next year just from him. so they could do it and Philly would make out better by getting a team guy.

1fisher

Reaction score
Didn't Porter sign a new deal with the Raiders this offseason? Seems like I remember folks on this board calling for Bill to bring him in>

PT what do you think about this??

Hoov

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
He caught 64 balls for 998 yards, 9 TDs and averaged 15.6 per catch. All this while learning a new offense. That's not bad.

True, he can perform, but he was in a very happy pass oriented offense...though we shouldnt hold that against him. But he was on my fantasy squad last year so i did a good bit of attention to him. some weeks he was hit or miss, still i do think he is a solid player who will get better.....still TO is a player that can just do things others cant.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
1fisher said:
Didn't Porter sign a new deal with the Raiders this offseason? Seems like I remember folks on this board calling for Bill to bring him in>

PT what do you think about this??

Yes and funny thing is he wasn't happy with the trade for Moss he thought it would hurt the team. But he has toed the company line and kept his mouth shut I like Porter and think he will do very well in philly if this trade comes through. But this could all be smoke to try and get T.O. to stay in Philly for the chance to play in the SB again but heck I'd make Oakland the AFC favorite if they have T.O. and Moss. so who knows?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hoov said:
True, he can perform, but he was in a very happy pass oriented offense...though we shouldnt hold that against him. But he was on my fantasy squad last year so i did a good bit of attention to him. some weeks he was hit or miss, still i do think he is a solid player who will get better.....still TO is a player that can just do things others cant.

I guess I just have faith in the fact that if TO can screw it up, he will. The guy has put up monster years in the past, that's a fact. However, he's always created discord and discontent as well. I say keep TO in Philly and let him do his diabolical work.