KFFL reports Owens could be traded to Raiders for

Hoov

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I guess I just have faith in the fact that if TO can screw it up, he will. The guy has put up monster years in the past, that's a fact. However, he's always created discord and discontent as well. I say keep TO in Philly and let him do his diabolical work.

At any rate, it really looks like the eagles are trying to unload him, which means someone in the organization is concerned about how this whole thing is affecting and will continue to affect the team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hoov said:
At any rate, it really looks like the eagles are trying to unload him, which means someone in the organization is concerned about how this whole thing is affecting and will continue to affect the team.

Yeah, damn shame really. I had such high hopes for TO in Philly. Now, after only one year, looks like he may be outta there. Not enough time to really do any perminant damage to McChunky and the Eagle offense.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
He caught 64 balls for 998 yards, 9 TDs and averaged 15.6 per catch. All this while learning a new offense. That's not bad.

Those a good numbers that I would gladly take from a Dallas receiver this season. However, I don't think those are #1 top receiver type numbers. He has played 5 years in the league and has a total of 163 receptions. He is getting better, but he may never reach elite status. T.O. has. Don't trade production for potential unless you absolutely have to do it.

kartr

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I'm more worried about us. You put a guy like Porter together with that Philly offense and you'll have trouble on your hands.

Exactly. And we play the Raiders this year too, poor Newman. Poor Henry.

kartr

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
To me Porter is good but he's not TO. I'd much rather face Porter.

Porter is younger than TO, so we'd have to face him more often.Don't forget, Porter was just one of several WR for the Raiders. In Philly, he'll be the man and he also has McNabb who's more consistent than Collins.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
To me Porter is good but he's not TO. I'd much rather face Porter.

I agree, Mikey. I hope Philthy does trade away their best player. It'll be unbelievable if TO and Moss are on the same team. That'd be the best recieving core ever to play in the NFL.

cowheel

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I'm more worried about us. You put a guy like Porter together with that Philly offense and you'll have trouble on your hands.
Porters good...
but seeing what T.O did for them last year - it would be a downgrade.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

I may be in the minority when I state this, but Porter has been a major beneficiary of the "rub" of having Moss sign with his team this offseason in terms of how he is being talked about all of a sudden.

In 2002, the guy looked like he was ready to take things to the next level. Then he gets hurt the next year and looks lackluster in the games he does play, and follows it up with a 2004 campaign that looks deceptively better due to two games late in the season against porous secondaries (Denver and the awful Titans secondary of last season) where he enjoyed 3 TD performances apiece. Look at his game-to-game production over the majority of the season; positively mediocre for a starting WR.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Off-season ordeal
spacer.gif

Donovan McNabb talks in a one-on-one interview about T.O.

McNabb said he received an apology from Owens even though he never asked for one.

"He apologized, but that's not what I was looking for," McNabb said. "I just wanted to get things out in the open and kind of see where he was and make sure we were on the same page."

During their conversation, McNabb invited Owens to Arizona, where he lives in the off-season, for a chance to work out and work on their passing connection, which resulted in 77 completions for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns a year ago.

"I've definitely brought it to his attention, and we'll see where it's at," McNabb said. "I'm here, and guys will show up. If he does, that would be great."

Owens was not available for comment, and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined to comment on anything dealing with the wide receiver and the Eagles.

Though this has been a trying off-season for McNabb in many ways, he remains positive about where things are headed for the Eagles, and said his personal life has never been better. "The anticipation is growing as far as what can happen this year," he said. "We have the firepower and we have the weapons. We're working on the chemistry. Guys have come back with a whole new attitude."

During their conversation, McNabb invited Owens to Arizona, where he lives in the off-season, for a chance to work out and work on their passing connection, which resulted in 77 completions for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns a year ago.

"I've definitely brought it to his attention, and we'll see where it's at," McNabb said. "I'm here, and guys will show up. If he does, that would be great."

He's still going to be an Eagle in 2005.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
jcblanco22 said:
I may be in the minority when I state this, but Porter has been a major beneficiary of the "rub" of having Moss sign with his team this offseason in terms of how he is being talked about all of a sudden.

In 2002, the guy looked like he was ready to take things to the next level. Then he gets hurt the next year and looks lackluster in the games he does play, and follows it up with a 2004 campaign that looks deceptively better due to two games late in the season against porous secondaries (Denver and the awful Titans secondary of last season) where he enjoyed 3 TD performances apiece. Look at his game-to-game production over the majority of the season; positively mediocre for a starting WR.

I am with you.

If the Raiders are able to afford Owens and can get him straight up for Porter, they would be robbing the Eagles.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
It probably won't happen, so all this talk is probably pointless. But it's fun!

I don't like Porter for Owens straight up. If a trade is in the works, who knows what the terms are?

I don't see why the Eagles would trade Owens now . It's only June, holdouts occur in training camp, not minicamp. Even if Owens holds out for camp, there is little reason to believe he'll sit out once the season starts. However, there is alot of "behind the scenes" that we don't see. IF T.O. does miss camp AND the Eagles have the feeling he is going to sit out, THEN they could trade him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
It probably won't happen, so all this talk is probably pointless. But it's fun!

I don't like Porter for Owens straight up. If a trade is in the works, who knows what the terms are?

I don't see why the Eagles would trade Owens now . It's only June, holdouts occur in training camp, not minicamp. Even if Owens holds out for camp, there is little reason to believe he'll sit out once the season starts. However, there is alot of "behind the scenes" that we don't see. IF T.O. does miss camp AND the Eagles have the feeling he is going to sit out, THEN they could trade him.

If they have a taker...TO value goes down every minute of camp he miss's. The Eagles should take the trade and run. Although, I don't see Porter leaving Oakland, because of the 8 million they would have to eat. Now, if Porter were to give the money back and sign a new deal with Philly...then maybe...But I don't think that can be done leagally.

Nearing a 1,000 post mark here...What a slacker I am.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Jarv said:
The Eagles should take the trade and run.
Now maybe I'm a homer, but I would only take the deal now if there were additional terms like draft pick(s).

But... that's based on my belief that Owens will not sit out any reg. season games. Maybe the Eagles know something I don't?

CalMor

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Raiders | Looking to Acquire Owens?
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:41:47 -0700

WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

http://www.kffl.com/

Can they really exist together? Arena league scoring.

1fisher

Reaction score
Is there another link to this story??? how credible is KFFL?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1fisher said:
kffl just posts blurbs from other news sources. They don't exactly report breaking news.

It's as credible as any other site. I think the link to the original news source is also posted in this thread. You'll have to find it yourself, tho. I'm supposed to be working. :cool:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Now maybe I'm a homer, but I would only take the deal now if there were additional terms like draft pick(s).

But... that's based on my belief that Owens will not sit out any reg. season games. Maybe the Eagles know something I don't?

Really, considering that TO may sit out the season. Wouldn't you rather have Porter than nothing ?

CalMor

Reaction score
Its hard to stay on topic when taking about these two, but if Sherrell Owens did not come to camp, let him sit the whole year. JMO. However, I do realize thats letting you best weopon sit, and not good business.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
1fisher said:
It's actually an old rumor that has been rumbling for some time. It recently flared up again when it was insinuated in a recent article (can't remember which one. Then the local philly news mentioned it last night and KFFL is just referencing them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Those a good numbers that I would gladly take from a Dallas receiver this season. However, I don't think those are #1 top receiver type numbers. He has played 5 years in the league and has a total of 163 receptions. He is getting better, but he may never reach elite status. T.O. has. Don't trade production for potential unless you absolutely have to do it.

I don't think you can look at Porter and say he has done nothing. You look at his career and the first two years, he got all of 1 start. Understandable considering the Raiders had Brown and Rice. His third year, he got the chance to play and he did well. 51 grabs, 688 for 13.5 per and 9 TDs as the 3rd WR. 2003, he got hurt in the very first game and never really did come back from it, starting only 1 game. Then he came back last year and put up the numbers he did in a brand new offense.

Here's what I'd say about this trade. Everybody looks at this and say TO for Porter is a bad deal for Philly. I'm not certain of this. One thing I have always believed about Philly is that there very good evaluators of talent. Philly would not do a deal that they new they were getting sent to the cleaners on. I think they see Porter as a guy who is just starting to come into his own. They see a guy who can be like TO but without all the extra BS that goes along with it. They also see a much cheaper contract long term. I think Philly knows exactly what there doing here.