KFFL reports Owens could be traded to Raiders for

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm with you, ABQ. I'd rather the Eagles kept Owens.

BTW, I guess reporting that speculation exists is real news these days? KFFL shouldn't even have mentioned this unless there was a real basis for it.

Reaction score
This is as shocking as an 8.0 earthquake on the West coast if true. Philly's got the rep for not dealing with T.O.'s kind of crap on the one hand, so I could in a way see it happening. (major surgery, cut out the cancer and dispose of it) If they could get a promising player out of it, so much the better. But I seriously doubt Oak has the cap room to accommodate the trade without seriously sacrificing their future. Al Davis has always been WAY out in left field. Maybe his health is in question (he's older than dirt for cryin' out loud) & he's willing to put all his eggs in one basket in a last gasp effort for another Lombardi before he checks out, who knows.

It sure as heck would be interesting to watch. Kerry's got the arm if he's got some protection and the people to toss it to.

His fantasy value might possibly surpass Peyton if this goes thru...

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Not mentioned in all of this yet is the following:

Is there any worse fit in the game today, in terms of the personality and demeanor of the head coach, than Moss and Owens playing under Norv Turner?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
T.O. is not going to Oakland. This rumor will fade very soon.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jcblanco22 said:
Not mentioned in all of this yet is the following:

Is there any worst fit in the game today, in terms of the personality and demeanor of the head coach, than Moss and Owens playing under Norv Turner?
The inmates will definately run that asylum :D

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I still don't see this deal happening either. TO and Moss would probably make up the most talented WR duo ever,but I don't think Davis would put the Raiders in that position. You know at some point Moss and TO will be unhappy about not being the man. I think the Eagles would do this deal if it were offered though. TO will prob be released next year anyway.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch said:
T.O. is not going to Oakland. This rumor will fade very soon.
Why deal with reality, Fletch. It's the offseason and we're bored.

C'mon, don't you think any team w/T.O. and Moss would be an unholy-like alliance?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
If Moss and TO were on the Raiders, they'd need a new QB, because Collins would be in rehab for sure,lol! :D

Jersey

Reaction score
Calm down everyone, its a manufactured rumor. The sports radio talk show creep up here in philly, says its the dumbest rumor he's ever heard. I hate this guy, but he does have the inside track on info w/ the egirls. I think he has a crush on Andy the Walrus. Seriously, if it had any merit. This guy would be first to report and/or confirm it.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
They would HAVE to include Woodson to the Eagles Im assuming. There is no way with the cap they could keep T.O, Woodson,and Randy happy.

BigTex

Reaction score
Full Article: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/0630200...owenstrade.html

Owens' Days as Bird Numbered?
PHILADELPHIA-June 30, 2005 — With all the contract squabbles continuing, are the Eagles about to give T.O. the heave-ho?

There are reports a trade is in the works with the Oakland Raiders. Owens would go to Oakland for wide receiver Jerry Porter.

T.O. may be trade bait because he wants the Eagles to give him more money.

If he goes to Oakland, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.

Yesterday, Moss told reporters he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

(Copyright 2005 by WPVI-TV 6. All rights reserved.)

Roughneck

Reaction score
BigTex said:
Full Article: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/0630200...owenstrade.html

Owens' Days as Bird Numbered?
PHILADELPHIA-June 30, 2005 — With all the contract squabbles continuing, are the Eagles about to give T.O. the heave-ho?

There are reports a trade is in the works with the Oakland Raiders. Owens would go to Oakland for wide receiver Jerry Porter.

T.O. may be trade bait because he wants the Eagles to give him more money.

If he goes to Oakland, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.

Yesterday, Moss told reporters he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

(Copyright 2005 by WPVI-TV 6. All rights reserved.)
A mere 4 threads down:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28625

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
FWIW, other sources are saying that negotiations are taking place between the two teams. It sounds like this rumor is not 100% unfounded.

If this does go down, I seriously doubt it's a straight up trade.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I think the birds should be stuck with T.O. They deserve him! Getting Porter would be great for the birds because hes a legit playmaker. They made their bed, now lay in it! Enjoy! I cant wait for training camp!!!!!!

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Smashmouth24 said:
This trade may have been a possibility _before_ Porter signed a 5 year deal with an 8mil signing bonus in February, but its a stupid idea now. The Raiders would have to give up Porter, cut more salary, and give T.O. a new deal.

Thank you for stating the obvious. :bow:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This would be a great trade for Philly. Raiders would probably blow up. Bay area would be one big mushroom cloud before it's all said and done with. Can not see this happening.

I can see this happening. Philly has cancer removed and gets very good WR. Al gets him for a year and he'll probably be a reasonably good boy for a year.

The mushroom cloud thing was funny.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Seriously, if this was too happen I wouldn't miss a Raider game all season long. Could be a nuclear bomb waiting to go off.......OR literal lightning in a bottle.

But hell (standing on the line waiting to be shot) with our turnover rate of old players and lackluster zest for upgrading the WR position with anybody young...why the frick not..they want a Wide Reciever, doesn't matter if he's overrated, heck we have overatted, hell lets throw them Quincy and Terry for TO, bring him here! I'd rather have the show be "The Keyshawn & TO Show" rather then "The Moss & Owens Show" weekly....not to mention I'd enjoy it greatly if the need ever arrised and Bill had to biatchslap TO. If he wanted to redeem himself, playing for Parcells would do that if he could stand in line like a good toy soldier. Anyway,...pipe dream- we are the Dallas Cowboys and we don't do bold anymore. The boldest thing we've done since bringing Dieon in was hire Bill to de-boldify us.

ravidubey

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Raiders | Looking to Acquire Owens?
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:41:47 -0700

WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

http://www.kffl.com/

Wow, OMFG. Not two "of" the best-- the two very best WR's and the best tandem in the history of the NFL bar none.