Kim Jong Il Dead

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
vta;4323178 said:
China isn't going to allow any of that to happen. They've stood by NK as it was, with only suggestions to reform.They'll probably go to lengths insure there isn't some sort of bloodbath on their border.

They have no problems invading Tibet, destroying monasteries, forcing monks to rape nuns at gunpoint, "disappearing" people who disagree with the regime among other human rights violations so i wouldn't have thought they'll go to great lengths to do anything out of the goodness of their heart and i doubt they'd have much concern for refugees considering how they treat the people they already govern.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
daschoo;4324146 said:
They have no problems invading Tibet, destroying monasteries, forcing monks to rape nuns at gunpoint, "disappearing" people who disagree with the regime among other human rights violations so i wouldn't have thought they'll go to great lengths to do anything out of the goodness of their heart and i doubt they'd have much concern for refugees considering how they treat the people they already govern.

It has nothing to do with goodness and everything to do with preserving a sense of stability in a neighbor with nuclear weapons. People throw out scenarios as though they're simple, like S. Korea being wiped out. Does anyone really believe such a devastation wouldn't effect China in many ways and China wouldn't go to lengths to avoid it?

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
I remember hearing along time ago that China was sending soldiers to Vietnam in order to help them beat us........can anyone confirm this cuz it was just hear say and I would like 2 know if there was any validity 2 this???

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4323188 said:
China does not want to deal with the refuge issue that a war would create. China does not do much in terms of aiding the people of NK. NK still relies on SK to provide humanitarian aid and use the threat of conflict to get it. Same with the US any negotiation with the US involves us giving them aid.

vta;4324153 said:
It has nothing to do with goodness and everything to do with preserving a sense of stability in a neighbor with nuclear weapons. People throw out scenarios as though they're simple, like S. Korea being wiped out. Does anyone really believe such a devastation wouldn't effect China in many ways and China wouldn't go to lengths to avoid it?

yeah i would agree with you about chinas preference to avoid conflict on their doorstep for reasons of stability. i should have replied to the above talking about the refugee problem rather than your initial post, apologies still half asleep it seems

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
daschoo;4324161 said:
yeah i would agree with you about chinas preference to avoid conflict on their doorstep for reasons of stability. i should have replied to the above talking about the refugee problem rather than your initial post, apologies still half asleep it seems

No apologies, it's all good. :)

yimyammer

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4323939 said:
Yep. History Channel did a thing on his early life a last year or maybe this year. He was a call boy for wealthy Jewish men for some time. History C pulled it from rebroadcast because it sort of showed him as a victim early in life.

Wow, how'd I miss that? I'm endlessly fascinated by WWII, especially the European theater and Hitler and am constantly reading or watching something about it and this is the first I've ever heard this.

It appears this may be where the hatred he had for Jews started brewing

Thx for the info

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
yimyammer;4323465 said:
[youtube]pSWN6Qj98Iw[/youtube]

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Did anyone notice how well dressed the people were. Nice Jackets and things.

I did not know if this is cultural or what. Get into ranks and cry?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
hipfake08;4324406 said:
Did anyone notice how well dressed the people were. Nice Jackets and things.

I did not know if this is cultural or what. Get into ranks and cry?

People directed by a dictator to do it maybe? :laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
yimyammer;4324305 said:
Wow, how'd I miss that? I'm endlessly fascinated by WWII, especially the European theater and Hitler and am constantly reading or watching something about it and this is the first I've ever heard this.

It appears this may be where the hatred he had for Jews started brewing

Thx for the info

I would not believe anything the History channel said. I have seen way too much garbage from that place over the years.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
burmafrd;4324431 said:
I would not believe anything the History channel said. I have seen way too much garbage from that place over the years.

:laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4324434 said:

Given this outlandish tale of Hitler, I might not think burms suggestion is that laughable.

Oh and you forgot one... :laugh1: :D

ethiostar

Reaction score
yimyammer;4323465 said:
[youtube]pSWN6Qj98Iw[/youtube]

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

I can't be sure but i don't think most have a choice but to grieve in public and do it convincingly.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Oh, and this thread deserves this...

[youtube]ReYfu5E-hOE[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
vta;4324447 said:
Given this outlandish tale of Hitler, I might not think burms suggestion is that laughable.

Oh and you forgot one... :laugh1: :D

Tell me something. Do you think Hitler had a normal childhood? I seriously doubt it.

Oh and I didn't forget that smiley. I hate that one. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4324470 said:
Tell me something. Do you think Hitler had a normal childhood? I seriously doubt it.

and this one :laugh1:

:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bette Davis said we should only speak good of the dead. Kim Jong Il being dead is therefore...good.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4324470 said:

I know you do that's why I used it. :p:

As for Adolph, I couldn't say; I'd always heard he was a failed artist. But it doesn't always stand to reason that rotten people are born from the worst possible circumstances. Some people are just crap, regardless of environment. The story is just too out there and sudden.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
vta;4324536 said:
I know you do that's why I used it. :p:

As for Adolph, I couldn't say; I'd always heard he was a failed artist. But it doesn't always stand to reason that rotten people are born from the worst possible circumstances. Some people are just crap, regardless of environment. The story is just too out there and sudden.

His early history is pretty well documented. Where he lived, what apartments he rented, how he wasn't employed, etc.

In the article I read about it, the program wasn't pulled from rebroadcast for any factual errors, nor was the subject of factual errors even broached.

HC has some laughably dumb shows on certain subjects, but I have some faith when they do a documentary on such a polarizing figure they expended a good deal of effort to get it right.

Here's a quick Google search on it. There's actually an article on it that was written today.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy...4bbda87bf5c44b5&biw=1680&bih=935&pf=p&pdl=300