Kiper 2.0 Mock 2/28/23

reddyuta

Reaction score

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo

Kincaid’s recovery has been overseen by noted orthopedist Robert Watkins, who determined surgery was not necessary. Kincaid is expecting to be fully cleared in the coming weeks. He will meet with teams this week in Indy but will not do any on-field work.

===========
its looks like a minor break.hope he does some proday workout though.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
This analyst is getting paid for this? what a stupid pick, to select a TE when you have 3 more rookies, who still need to be tested, but have shown interesting things, and besides having Bijan Robinson, Cam smith, Broderick Jones,Brian Branch ,Jalin Hyatt,Calijah Kancey,O'Cyrus Torrence,Kelee Ringo,Trenton Simpson,Mazi Smith available, who are better needs than selecting a TE, what a stupid pick.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
The best running back in college is sitting there and you take a run of the mill tightend.

Ok
I like Kincaid but he is not special enough to take with a history of a back fracture (no matter how much him, his agent, and his doctor minimize it) in the first round.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What’s your assessment of Washington and who do you compare him to ?
He is Mercedes Lewis, excellent in-line blocker, but limited in the passing game. 2nd rd prospect to me

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys live and die with the running game. There's an elite RB on the board and you damn sure better not pass him up.
Running games are built with OLs, not first round TBs.

You have a stud OT sitting there in Broderick Jones. You take the OT, not the TB.

Sydla

Reaction score
mel kiper has never been right on anything except how to fool espn into giving him a check. and his mock drafts are crappy
Except in his final 2022 mock draft, he had Dallas taking Tyler Smith.

JBS

Reaction score
Washington reminds me of Terence Steele if he had lost weight to play TE...
I think Washington is a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Get this guy the ball and let him go to work. He’s an incredible athlete for his size and nobody wants any part of taking him down. Not to mention he’s an elite blocker at TE

Hardline

Reaction score
Running games are built with OLs, not first round TBs.

You have a stud OT sitting there in Broderick Jones. You take the OT, not the TB.
Broderick Jones most likely isn't going to be there. I'll take the elite RB because you can get a 2nd round OL .
Most top RBs in the NFL was drafted in the first two rounds .
Bijan Robinson kicked *** running behind a weak Texas OL.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
How do you rank the top 4 TEs?
It is still early, and we have yet to see what they do at the combine - but at this point:

1. Mayer
2. Kincaid. (very close together IMO)
3. Musgrave
4. Washington - very intriguing because of his size and blocking ability. His length could give defenses fits, but that is a little bit of a projection.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think Washington is a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Get this guy the ball and let him go to work. He’s an incredible athlete for his size and nobody wants any part of taking him down. Not to mention he’s an elite blocker at TE
I agree with that. It is fun to imagine what he could do in the running game… and if he hits as a receiver, he’ll be hell on wheels for DB’s to tackle. I’d love to get him in the second, but I think he’ll be gone before Dallas’ second pick.

JBS

Reaction score
I agree with that. It is fun to imagine what he could do in the running game… and if he hits as a receiver, he’ll be hell on wheels for DB’s to tackle. I’d love to get him in the second, but I think he’ll be gone before Dallas’ second pick.
As do I. He’s in play for me at 26. This guy is the best TE in the class after the catch. Without a doubt. I do have concerns over the lack of production in college and the amount of volume he will be able to produce in the nfl. But if you can get him the ball, it’s game over.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
As do I. He’s in play for me at 26. This guy is the best TE in the class after the catch. Without a doubt. I do have concerns over the lack of production in college and the amount of volume he will be able to produce in the nfl. But if you can get him the ball, it’s game over.
He would be fun to watch, I know that. Not to mention what he’d be able to do in the run game. He’s a brute, for sure.

I don’t know how I’d feel about taking him at 26 though. Obviously, I won’t know for sure until after the combine, but if he shows as much athleticism as I think he might and his hands also look good in Indy… I might be okay with him at 26 if the board falls a certain way.

He blocks like a damn OT. It is impressive.

I really do love what he brings to the offense.