Kipers updated round 1 projection (1-31-06)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
Which of these FA Free Safeties do you want? Is it worth their salary versus drafting a good coverage FS?

S’s UFA’s
1)Adam Archuleta Stl
2)Chris Hope Pit
3)Tank Willliams Tenn
4)Will Demps Bal
5)Corey Chavous Min
6)Dexter Jackson TB
7)Sam Brandon Den
8)Marlon McCree Hou
9)Keion Carpenter Atl
10)Deke Cooper Jax
11)Idrees Bashir Car
12)Anthony Mitchell Cin
13)Ifeanyi Ohalete Cin
14)Lance Schulters Mia
15)Bracy Walker Det
16)Earl Little GB
17)Kevin McCadam Atl
18)Ronnie Heard Atl
19)Keith Davis Dal
20)Ken Irvin Min
21)John Howell
22)Marquand Manuel
23)Ryan Clark NYG
24)Omar Stoutmare NYG
25)Ramon Walker Hou

RFA’s
1)Terrence Holt Det
2)Guss Scott NE
3)Scott Connot KC
4)Mike Adams
5)Clinton Hart
6)Mel Mitchell NO
7)Jarrod Cooper
8)Yeremiah Bell Mia
9)Reggie Myles Cin
10)Willie Pile Dal

I'll take Lance Schulters, 4 INTs last year

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
If, and I say if, we're gonna take a R.T. at #18, I would at least want a RIGHT tackle as opposed to moveing a L.T. over. Also, take one from a big time college program so the transition is not as big as has been the case lately.
If Mcneil turns out to be the pick by our scouts and Parcells, I,m good with that. But that high, no more projects - lets find an anchor for the long haul...

we'll take a LT, and move him to right, Pettiti was a LT in college, but Parcells said we took him, and switched him to right because all the best OTs in college, played on the left side

now Winston Justice on the otherhand, and I think Jonathan Scott, were RTs in college

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Because Scott is a premier college LT. You don't use the 18th pick on a RT. I think Adams on the right and Scott on the left is better than Flo on the left and McNeil on the right. Besides Adams has hearing problems in his right ear. Maybe he wouldn't have some many penalties if we move him.

so move our best pass-protector away from Bledsoe's blindside?

no thanks

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Funny thing is you have impact players on your roster right now. Wanna know why you cant see em. Because the QB cant take a 3 step drop without a DE in his face. Jones/Barber cant hit a hole cause he starts with a LBer on his ankles as soon as he gets the ball.

Harken back to the golden age of cowboys football, last year and the first 5 weeks of this season. Jones was running wild. Bledsoe was a top 5 rated passer and Glenn was the toast of the town. He was a deep threat.

Imagine that. All because of 5 guys on the oline played at least average ball. Then injury to flow and our help pattern got fudged. We were pathetic and it showed on Bledsoe and the running game, all numbers came down, including wins.

You can draw your own conclusions, but the fact remains, its there on film if you care to dig. Bledsoe played a great season despite the line and would have been stellar with a solid line all year. Like it or not, it all starts up front, A great defense wont hold every team scoreless. You better draft a kicker if your planning to go to war with this front 5 on offense, and get romo and henson ready to play. Maybe call Carter and have him stand by in the wings, cause that line cant protect no one.

yeah, but OT is one of the hardest, 2nd to QB IMO, to transition too, college to the Pros, rookie OT have to deal with weight, and strength issues of the NFL, not to mention the speed, all rookie OTs seem to be overwhelmed as rookies ala Pettiti, same thing will happen to whoever we pick in the draft and start at RT, that's why I rather us sign a young veteran in FA, such as Kevin Barry, and get our future LT in the 3rd round, Daryn Colledge

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
so move our best pass-protector away from Bledsoe's blindside?

no thanks

I think Scott is going to be special. I wouldn't mind moving him to the right side. He is a good worker and has a passion for the game. He doesn't have weight issues so he wouldn't have to lose weight and weaken himself.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I think Scott is going to be special. I wouldn't mind moving him to the right side. He is a good worker and has a passion for the game. He doesn't have weight issues so he wouldn't have to lose weight and weaken himself.

that would be ideal, but not moving Flo to RT and having a rookie protect Bledsoe's blindside, Scott showed in the Senior Bowl game that stunts by the Dline had him confused, as with all the lineman, now imagine him against NFl personnel...

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
that would be ideal, but not moving Flo to RT and having a rookie protect Bledsoe's blindside, Scott showed in the Senior Bowl game that stunts by the Dline had him confused, as with all the lineman, now imagine him against NFl personnel...

Everyone has a bad game. He sure looked good in every other game this year, including the rose bowl.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Everyone has a bad game. He sure looked good in every other game this year, including the rose bowl.

I know, but NFL Ds will confuse the hell out of him

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I know, but NFL Ds will confuse the hell out of him

Not necessarliy. Pettititi was never confused, he just wasn't agile enough to make his blocks. (Don't know how much the high ankle sprain affected his play) I think we can get Lawson or Wimberly in the 2nd. I don't think anyone with Scott's ability will be there.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Not necessarliy. Pettititi was never confused, he just wasn't agile enough to make his blocks. (Don't know how much the high ankle sprain affected his play)

:rolleyes: trust me, he was confused

TEK2000

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:rolleyes: trust me, he was confused

I can understand ANY lineman being confused on blocking assignments in a friggin ALL STAR game. They get what.. a week to practice... and the defense can do whatever the hell they feel like. Its up to the offensive linemen to adjust the defense.

Did any of these Senior Bowl linemen ever look confused during the regular college season? I doubt it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
I can understand ANY lineman being confused on blocking assignments in a friggin ALL STAR game. They get what.. a week to practice... and the defense can do whatever the hell they feel like. Its up to the offensive linemen to adjust the defense.

Did any of these Senior Bowl linemen ever look confused during the regular college season? I doubt it.

so you're telling me that the stunts and blitz packages of the NFL, aren't going to confuse a rookie OT? dude, the coaches in the Senior Bowl, who had the Dline confusing all the prospect Olinemen, were NFL coaches

TEK2000

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
so you're telling me that the stunts and blitz packages of the NFL, aren't going to confuse a rookie OT? dude, the coaches in the Senior Bowl, who had the Dline confusing all the prospect Olinemen, were NFL coaches

No no.. not saying that the NFL won't confuse him. Like I said earlier, I think the offensive line positions are the 2nd hardest to make the college to NFL transition (next to QB). The blitz packages/blocking schemes and talent level of the DE's and OLB's are what make it so difficult.

I said if we draft a rookie Tackle and throw him into a starting role his rookie year... we shouldn't be surprised if we get Rob Petitti type results.

In fact, that's exactly my point.. the NFL defensive coaches could just sling whatever blitz package they wanted.. it would seem to me that the offensive line would clearly be unprepared for this with only a week to practice with entirely new teammates.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000 said:
No no.. not saying that the NFL won't confuse him. Like I said earlier, I think the offensive line positions are the 2nd hardest to make the college to NFL transition (next to QB). The blitz packages/blocking schemes and talent level of the DE's and OLB's are what make it so difficult.

I said if we draft a rookie Tackle and throw him into a starting role his rookie year... we shouldn't be surprised if we get Rob Petitti type results.

AAAAHHHH well slap me in the face and call me confused lol my bad

yep

TEK2000

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
AAAAHHHH well slap me in the face and call me confused lol my bad

yep

haha no worries.. guess I wasn't clear in what I was trying to get across. :bow:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'll take Lance Schulters, 4 INTs last year
Schulters is 31 with 4int's and 77 tackles
Chris Hope is 25 with 3int's and 96 tackles.. I'll take Hope, it's almost like drafting a FS if you think about it with his age and all.
But tha's just my opinion.