Kirk Cousins is the new Tony Romo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But when you list stats you need to be equal, that would be games started or the average of the stat.

When one player has played one more season worth of games, it's not equal.
Tony Romo completed 65.3 percent of passes in his career.
Kirk Cousins has a completion percentage of 66.8 in his career.

Kirk Cousins has 0.74 intercepted passes per game played in his career.
Tony Romo had 0.75 intercepted passes per game played in his career.

Tony Romo had 1.59 passing touchdowns per game played in his career.
Kirk Cousins has 1.77 passing touchdowns per game played in his career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I remember those guys as upgrades from what we had.
Bill Nagy started 4 games at LG.
Cory Procter started 11 games at LG in 2008.

I'm the President of the Phil Costa Fan Club. Also the only member.

But gotta admit his mystery snaps were a hoot. I don't know of *any* QB who ever had to handle so many bad shotgun snaps in a season. And I don't remember Tony losing one. Miracle Man.
I remember it being more like

Adams, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, Colombo for a few years...then some crappy years and then by 2014 it was Leary, Free, Frederick, Martin, Tyron and Parnell at swing tackle. ....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Can't compare stats directly across eras.
Have to normalize individual stats against the distribution of those stats within the league at the same time.
Staubach's highest season QB rating was 104.
Kirk had a couple of seasons higher than that. He's not better.
When Staubach made 104, the next highest player was Griese, at 91.
Tony led the league in QBR in 2014. The highest Cousins has ever been was 6. Twice. Tony was 1,3,6,8.
Tony was better.
Oh I wasn't insinuating Kirk was better. I was saying Kirk is the Tony Romo of this era of football.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Just pleases don’t nobody say anything that will get this thread locked down…..
I should purposely get this thread locked down j/k. Same fishing tactics used thread after thread by the thread starter.
Cousins=Romo=Dak, those 3 are interchangeable. It's not an insult, those qbs need a lot of help, if you were starting off a franchise these 3 guys wouldn't be your first pick , but if you got them, it's not a horrible deal
Romo if he had the teams like Dak had consistently in his prime I think would’ve got further tbh. Truth is we will never know for sure but that’s just my opinion but Kirk and Dak would still be stuck where they’re at. I just think you like most people can’t see past the obvious. Dak and Kirk are the same but Romo overall as a qb isn’t the same as them. Dak isn’t getting no Laurant Robinsons type wr a big deal anywhere else. Every time Dak have them type of wr the Dakalites complaining he needs more and more help.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Kirk Cousins has played 11 seasons for the Commanders and Vikings. He has thrown for 37,140 yards and 252 touchdowns.

Tony Romo played 13 seasons for the Cowboys. He threw for 34,183 yards and 248 touchdowns.

Tony Romo had a 2-4 record in the playoffs in his career.

Kirk Cousins is 1-4 in the playoffs in his career.

Kirk Cousins has a passer rating of 93.7 with 1,047 yards, 5 touchdowns and 1 interception in 5 games in the playoffs in his career.

Tony Romo had a passer rating of 93.0 with 1,316 yards, 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

:omg:

Is Kirk Cousins the new.......Tony Romo?
Romo's time-adjusted Passer rating is about 100....fwiw.
Plus...as you know...QBs don't have won-loss records...or at least not to those who understand football is a team game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What do you mean its not the same league? Romo played in the late 2000's and 2010's......when it was a passing league. The isn't like Aikman's era.
Plenty of rule changes since then both with protecting the WRs and QBs.
QB ratings have steadily risen, and the sad thing is that I bet you know that, but are doing this anyway.
It's a dishonest post.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MVP level? I"m assuming you mean 2014 and not 2016...how was he at a MVP level in 2014 when he lost in the first round like Cousins always does? If 2014 was MVP level then Kirk has had a few MVP level seasons using that as the benchmark.
This tells me you are either clueless or dishonest...or both.

Dallas DID NOT lose in the first round in 2014 and Romo became the first QB in NFL history to lead the league in QB rating in both the regular season and playoffs that year.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Tony Romo completed 65.3 percent of passes in his career.
Kirk Cousins has a completion percentage of 66.8 in his career.

Kirk Cousins has 0.74 intercepted passes per game played in his career.
Tony Romo had 0.75 intercepted passes per game played in his career.

Tony Romo had 1.59 passing touchdowns per game played in his career.
Kirk Cousins has 1.77 passing touchdowns per game played in his career.
The correct stat is games started, not games total.

Romo 127, Cousins 137.

TDs Romo 1.95, Cousins 1.83
INTs Romo .92, Cousins 76

Fixed it for you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This tells me you are either clueless or dishonest...or both.

Dallas DID NOT lose in the first round in 2014 and Romo became the first QB in NFL history to lead the league in QB rating in both the regular season and playoffs that year.
No need to attack me. I’m not clueless or dishonest I was saying we were one and done in 2014. I’ll have to remind myself of how it went but i thought we had a bye and then lost in the first round….

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I remember it being more like

Adams, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, Colombo for a few years...then some crappy years and then by 2014 it was Leary, Free, Frederick, Martin, Tyron and Parnell at swing tackle. ....
2010-2012 was bad, and Cory Procter starting for a year in 2008 shows you something wasn't right there too.
The names above were still playing in 2010, but their careers were grinding down. We started the season with I think a Ram T we traded for, with Colombo injured? Barron! And he was the guy that killed Roy's game winner with a penalty. Bill Nagy starting 4 games at LG in 2011. Then Ryan Cook at C in 2012? That can't be good.
Definite uptick in 2013 with Tyron making his first Pro Bowl and Fredbeard's rookie season. Then Boom! Martin shows up in 2014 and makes all Pro.
So sad that Tony broke down in 2015.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What do you mean its not the same league? Romo played in the late 2000's and 2010's......when it was a passing league. The isn't like Aikman's era.
You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. The game from 2007-2014 has certainly changed. You can look up QB accuracy to see how much it changed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. The game from 2007-2014 has certainly changed. You can look up QB accuracy to see how much it changed.
It’s a passing league. You guys are talking like it’s the 90s. Aikman and Staubach gets that excuse. Not Romo. Guys were passing all over the league….