Twitter: Kirk Cousins Testing FA (Trey Lance Implications)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
you are nuts. I guess you never watched him in SF... specifically his last preseason game before they unloaded him. Lance has never played .... even decent. Not a chance Dak is sitting so Lance can play. Come back to reality.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don’t think lance is going to Minnesota and if he does it’s for a 5th. I don’t think Kirk’s decision has much correlation to what happens with lance but we will see
and you think the Cowboys would give up a 4th for Lance, then trade him the next year for a 5th? Lance will cost the Cowboys about 5 million against this years cap... nothing for the experiment they are in the middle of. if it doesnt work, oh well. If it works out, great.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you are nuts. I guess you never watched him in SF... specifically his last preseason game before they unloaded him. Lance has never played .... even decent. Not a chance Dak is sitting so Lance can play. Come back to reality.
You’ve watched Lance play 4 whole games. You’ve not seen enough to judge him.

We know Dak is a bonafide loser though. We know how this season and every other ends with Dak at QB.

We have no idea what Lance is right now. Maybe he sucks (give me the high draft pick), maybe he’s Dak (enough to be carried to the playoffs), or maybe he’s great.

Give me the unknown.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We know Dak is a bonafide loser though. We know how this season and every other ends with Dak at QB.

We have no idea what Lance is right now. Maybe he sucks (give me the high draft pick), maybe he’s Dak (enough to be carried to the playoffs), or maybe he’s great.

Give me the unknown.
I am ready to see him in some PS games. Though some will say those games mean nothing. But we can get something from it.
I am sure there will be many "eye test" comments. But I am pulling for him to compete. Especially if Dak is not extended.

Of course the OTA's and mini camps we will just hear how great he looks. I want to see some game action.
Only thing I am really looking forward to this off season, as we know not much else will happen.

Nothing more exciting to a fanbase than watching an up and coming QB with potential. When nothing else has worked since Troy other than stats.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Give me the unknown.
I have pretty much been a Dak basher since day 1. Never was happy we lost Romo for him in his Rookie year. Ive still been a Dak basher because of the playoffs. But dak was a top 4 MVP candidate last year. He threw for 4500 yards, 70% completion and had a FOUR TO ONE TD to Int ration.... 4 to 1 my friend. If you think we are going to hand that QB off for an unknown who sucked when he played, you are just living in a land of hatred so great it is clouding your vision. IM not trying to argue with you, Im just stating what the Cowboys and EVERY TEAM in the league would do in the exact same situation. Should the Ravens get rid of Lamar? he hasnt done squat. Should the Bills get rid of Allen? Dak had 36 TD passes to 9 ints. Allen had 29 TD passes and 18 ints.

Come on... I am no Dak lover, but I am also in no hurry to look like the 2023 Jets, and that is who we would be if we dump Dak.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Where are the Lance implications?
Nothing. He will make 5 million this year. Maybe they allow him to compete with Cooper this year for the number 2 spot. Maybe he plays damn near a half of every pre season game this year. Then we start 2024 with Dak under center and Lance in a similar spot he was in 2023.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am ready to see him in some PS games. Though some will say those games mean nothing. But we can get something from it.
I am sure there will be many "eye test" comments. But I am pulling for him to compete. Especially if Dak is not extended.

Of course the OTA's and mini camps we will just hear how great he looks. I want to see some game action.
Only thing I am really looking forward to this off season, as we know not much else will happen.

Nothing more exciting to a fanbase than watching an up and coming QB with potential. When nothing else has worked since Troy other than stats.
I kknow those Jets fans have gotten to have lots of excitement, just like those Bears fans have had watching up and coming QBs every few years flame out. Id prefer to not be one of them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I have pretty much been a Dak basher since day 1. Never was happy we lost Romo for him in his Rookie year. Ive still been a Dak basher because of the playoffs. But dak was a top 4 MVP candidate last year. He threw for 4500 yards, 70% completion and had a FOUR TO ONE TD to Int ration.... 4 to 1 my friend. If you think we are going to hand that QB off for an unknown who sucked when he played, you are just living in a land of hatred so great it is clouding your vision. IM not trying to argue with you, Im just stating what the Cowboys and EVERY TEAM in the league would do in the exact same situation. Should the Ravens get rid of Lamar? he hasnt done squat. Should the Bills get rid of Allen? Dak had 36 TD passes to 9 ints. Allen had 29 TD passes and 18 ints.

Come on... I am no Dak lover, but I am also in no hurry to look like the 2023 Jets, and that is who we would be if we dump Dak.
So you think Dak is the difference between the Cowboys and Jets? Lol

Does Cooper Rush go 5-1 with the Jets too?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So you think Dak is the difference between the Cowboys and Jets? Lol

Does Cooper Rush go 5-1 with the Jets too?
Did Cooper go 5-1 last year?? Im pretty sure that was 2 years ago when we still could run the ball very good. That is not the case now... and yes, wed look like the jets if Lance took over.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How is Cousins on his last leg? Before his injury he's been one of the most durable quarterbacks in the league and he takes a beating behind that OL thats been trash for years however improved greatly last year. He was also in the mvp discussion before his injury and was on a roll his last 4 games. Was better then Dak through week 8 with no weapons after JJs injury and tougher schedule to start.
he is 35....getting close.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:lmao:

Mac Jones has done nothing but be bad. Trey Lance has not even had a chance yet in the grand scheme of any playing time.
he did have a chance. he was drafted 3rd overall for that very purpose. he got a chance to play and showed nothing. he was injured a couple of times that cut his season short, but the time he had, it was obvious he was way over his head. by the same token, Purdy came in and just made the same offense, same personnel Click. so what excuse did Lance have? none I guess. so he got traded.