Kliff Kingsbury should be new OC

joseephuss

Reaction score
Look at what they did to us. He was also oc for the rams though it was McKay who called the plays. He went to the titans so he could call his own plays..

One game should not define a coach. The Titans offense has been putrid this season. Every criticism of the Cowboys offense should also apply to the Titans, even more so.

HanD

Reaction score
something i'd be in favor of....although this would save JG and preclude someone else coming in at the end of the year to take over as HC...reports are that JG is safe anyway even though cowboys brass loves them some Lincoln Riley....this would be a small step towards modernizing the offense. Thoughts?

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ant-jason-garrett-scott-linehan-dak-prescott/

..."If the Cowboys were smart, they’d seriously consider getting a leg up on the competition and bring Kingsbury on as soon as legally possible. He seems committed to the state, having attended Texas Tech and having spent all three of his coaching stints in the state at the University of Houston, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

Dallas won’t and can’t bring him on as coordinator midseason, but they can hire him as an offensive consultant for the rest of 2018.

That would present an opportunity for Jason Garrett and the front office to get a feel for Kingsbury and how he would address the shortcomings of the Dallas offense."....read the rest....

CCBoy

Reaction score
something i'd be in favor of....although this would save JG and preclude someone else coming in at the end of the year to take over as HC...reports are that JG is safe anyway even though cowboys brass loves them some Lincoln Riley....this would be a small step towards modernizing the offense. Thoughts?

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ant-jason-garrett-scott-linehan-dak-prescott/

..."If the Cowboys were smart, they’d seriously consider getting a leg up on the competition and bring Kingsbury on as soon as legally possible. He seems committed to the state, having attended Texas Tech and having spent all three of his coaching stints in the state at the University of Houston, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

Dallas won’t and can’t bring him on as coordinator midseason, but they can hire him as an offensive consultant for the rest of 2018.

That would present an opportunity for Jason Garrett and the front office to get a feel for Kingsbury and how he would address the shortcomings of the Dallas offense."....read the rest....

Curious...

HanD

Reaction score
No thank you. Kingsbury was terrible as a college OC.
was he? i haven't followed him that closely but he developed plenty of nfl qbs.

this is what is listed online. OC for 3 years only before becoming HC.

at TAMU 2012: Texas A&M also lead the SEC in total offense, total scoring offense, total rushing yds, and led the nation in third down conversion percentage.[106] Kevin Sumlin and the Texas A&M Aggies became the first SEC team in history to amass over 7,000 yds in total offense.

at Houston: 2011 Offensive Coordinator of the year after Houston led college football, averaging 50 points and nearly 600 yards of offense per game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kingsbury approach is too aggressive for Garrett.
They would find someone that runs his conservative style. :banghead:

conner01

Reaction score
No thank you. Kingsbury was terrible as a college OC.
I haven’t watched him much but seemed like as an OC he’s been successful
But as a HC he was terrible
The real question is how his system translates to the NFL and how it matches our personnel

Verdict

Reaction score

Why is it not allowed to bring him in as an o/c?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The real question is how his system translates to the NFL and how it matches our personnel
I believe Kingsbury's style translates to a run-n-shoot type like Jerry Glanville used to run with the Atlanta Falcons during the early 90s.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Mack Brown is about to take the HC job at UNC.

Reportedly interested in old pal Gene Chizik as DC and KK as OC.

HanD

Reaction score

i know andy reid took some of his plays and concepts. the nfl is moving more towards open passing and spread formations. it'd be interesting to see what he would do with our personnel and how he could develop dak. that's why i think bringing him on this year as this article states would be a good test fit....

HanD

Reaction score
Why is it not allowed to bring him in as an o/c?

not sure. i'm assuming that it has to do with not wanting to can linehan right now and the complications of installing a brand new offense in the middle of a fight for the division. not that the nfl wouldn't allow it by rules....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Kingsbury's style translates to a run-n-shoot type like Jerry Glanville used to run with the Atlanta Falcons during the early 90s.
It does remind me some of the R&S
But he seems to mix in the run more effectively

When Leach was at TT, and had Kingsbury. It was 99.5% pass. If they ran the ball is was..what, what was that.
So Kingsbury is pass happy. That would not work here. Even though he mixes in the run more, he is still pass first.

Not Garrett's style, though many thought he and Linehan were pass happy at one point. But they did make it, as a team a huge effort to get it to the power run game.
Too aggressive now for Garrett, he needs a more conservative OC.
Unless he is gone after this season, do not expect a huge change.

conner01

Reaction score
When Leach was at TT, and had Kingsbury. It was 99.5% pass. If they ran the ball is was..what, what was that.
So Kingsbury is pass happy. That would not work here. Even though he mixes in the run more, he is still pass first.

Not Garrett's style, though many thought he and Linehan were pass happy at one point. But they did make it, as a team a huge effort to get it to the power run game.
Too aggressive now for Garrett, he needs a more conservative OC.
Unless he is gone after this season, do not expect a huge change.
You have to stay balanced in the nfl and especially with our personnel