Kris Richard dilemma

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That collapse had nothing to do with coaching. Players give up plays all the time. Are they being consistently put in bad positions though? Is there an organizational issue? That is what is on coaching.

Case in point.

aria

Reaction score
I would want no part of McDaniels.

He failed at one job, which admittedly isn't an immediate disqualifier. But he was the brain child behind taking Tebow in the first round which was a clear mistake. He made that pick out of his own arrogance.

And then pulling what he did with Indy was bizarre.

He strikes me as a ******.
I don’t like him either but you won’t have to worry about him making draft choices here, we have a top notch GM for that unless they’re good picks then it’s all McClay.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure lets blame the defense, the same defense that was on the field way to long because Garrett cant game plan scheme or create an offense that keeps the defense off the field.

I’m not blaming the defense. I’m pointing out how ready some of you guys are to scapegoat one guy and give another a pass when the results are pretty much the same.

We almost gave away the win in DET for that matter on the breakdowns in the secondary on Golden Tate, but since we won that game, we get threads pretending Richard benched Awuzie because he’s a hard ***, instead.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right?

For the record, I like Richard as much as the next guy. I just find the different standards amusing.

I am laughing at you.

Once again, you try to minimize criticisms of Garrett by making these bizarre comparisons and analogies. Like you did here, trying to couch criticisms of Garrett coming from people who are just being emotional and spontaneously ripping him for a play here or there......... when in fact, people criticize him because of the body of work built over 8 seasons.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, did I ever say anything about keeping JG?

So there’s no other position coaches or OC’s/DC’s with a history of success or SB’s? I guess that settles it, Richard is the most obvious and only choice.

Available as we speak today? I don't think there are any available, no.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
At this point Gumby would probably be an upgrade at the head coaching position....................

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m not blaming the defense. I’m pointing out how ready some of you guys are to scapegoat one guy and give another a pass when the results are pretty much the same.

We almost gave away the win in DET for that matter on the breakdowns in the secondary on Golden Tate, but since we won that game, we get threads pretending Richard benched Awuzie because he’s a hard ***, instead.

One guy has 8 years of a track record here. One doesn't.

Again, your attempts to couch all criticisms in the same box to support your boy Garrett is hilarious.

Tommy

Reaction score

The majority of posters here are not able to follow your point. Lets keep it simple.

They just want to know if your a Garrett lover or a Garret hater.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, you're defending Garrett. Got it.

I’m challenging you guys to apply the same standards to both guys so that we’re talking about the same things when we criticize coaching.

If pointing out the obvious differences in standards is defending one guy v another in your mind, I can’t help that. My stance on both guys is the same because I’m always saying that it’s the players who win and lose games in the NFL.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One guy has 8 years of a track record here. One doesn't.

Again, your attempts to couch all criticisms in the same box to support your boy Garrett is hilarious.

Glad you find it funny.

I assume because you’ve switched to debating tenure instead of defending the play of Richard’s secondary that you’re conceding my earlier point. That’s good at least.

So, now you want a defensive coach in training to replace our offensive one? Interesting take.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m challenging you guys to apply the same standards to both guys so that we’re talking about the same things when we criticize coaching.

If pointing out the obvious differences in standards is defending one guy v another in your mind, I can’t help that. My stance on both guys is the same because I’m always saying that it’s the players who win and lose games in the NFL.

Why should the standards be the same for a head coach and a position coach? Your own bias is clearly showing in you trying to make this comparison.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The majority of posters here are not able to follow your point. Lets keep it simple.

They just want to know if your a Garrett lover or a Garret hater.

It’s easier to pivot back to Garrett than to entertain the idea Richard might not be a cure-all for what ails the organization. Garrett bashing, right now, is an easy emotional lever to pull.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should the standards be the same for a head coach and a position coach? Your own bias is clearly showing in you trying to make this comparison.

Why should standards be different? Either we measure them by their players’ performance or we don’t.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If this is a dilemma for anyone, they are going about the process of hiring a head coach all wrong.

Sydla

Reaction score

You want people to conform to your "standards" here. Garrett has been the head coach here for 8 years. 8 long years that has seen only one playoff win. When people criticize him now, it's because of the body of work built up over 8 years and the fact that along the way he's been inconsistent in his stewardship of the team. He's made clear mistakes over the years. He's made bad decisions over the years.

When we lose a game and there are issues, criticism of Garrett isn't just a spontaneous reaction to a bad play here or there. It's borne out of a track record of, frankly, mediocre to poor coaching and the results.

So to try to equate some sort of unfairness here because fans aren't killing Richard for a play that ended the Texans game is disingenuous and absurd. I'll put it another way. If Kris Richard had been the secondary coach/DC here for 8 years and the secondary breakdowns we saw late in that Texans game had been an issue we had seen time and time again over that 8 year period, yes, he'd probably be getting a crap ton of criticism as well.