Kurt Warner Breaks Down Dak vs Packers

Gaede

Reaction score
Yikes, good breakdown.

What we have here is an inefficient offense, led by a QB who isn't reading the defense at a high level and is making poor decisions, receivers that run into each other, receivers that run sloppy routes, and an OC that doesn't appear to be fixing any of the above

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Another great breakdown from Kurt. His insights are incredible to me, I really appreciate being able to watch a veteran like him to these breakdowns.

A couple of takeaways from me (I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents) are Dak doesn't seem to trust anyone but Lamb and Schultz. Seems like his first read on every play is to Lamb's side of the field then he goes from there. He also just prefers throwing between the hashes and bails or flat-out ignoring the outside receivers too often to me.

In some of these plays, there are 3 vs 3 on one side and 2 vs 3 on the other and his initial read is to the side with the 2 vs 3.

The final 4th downplay design was a joke, 2 receivers running the same route on top of each other and not much else for Dak to go to. Seems to be a pattern at times with Kellen Moore.

Beginning of the game it doesn't look like Dak is setting his feet and body for the throw. Just kinda flipping it with his arm.

Nexx

Reaction score
That could be because of a stat I saw yesterday on Coln Cowherd and it blew me away.

Dak has the lowest 3rd down QB rating of any QB in the NFL...since 2005.

That's pretty eye opening.

been trying to tell everyone since his rookie year...and to think the personnel around him was been really really good. he cant that as an excuse. Dakazoids will blame the defense...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Kurt Warner doesn't like Dak. And he's just picking on Dak. Every QB will have several plays per game where they missed an open guy or misread the defense. No matter how great there were or they are...they all have multiple miscues per game.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Do you think QB's purposely throw interceptions? name one QB that has 50 stars in his league that is never thrown an interception. Exactly. All QB"s miss guys and all QB's get fooled sometimes. It happens in every game with every QB.

So take your :facepalm: and apply it to yourself.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Kurt Warner doesn't like Dak. And he's just picking on Dak. Every QB will have several plays per game where they missed an open guy or misread the defense. No matter how great there were or they are...they all have multiple miscues per game.
I don’t think it’s picking on Dak, more about dissecting bad plays that Dak made to educate his audience. He even threw in some good plays Dak made as well.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

That is completely false, Kurt Warner has always been a big supporter of Dak's

He mixes in good and bad plays to give an overall picture of what is going on.

Cas2800

Reaction score
I went to 3 high schools. I made All State TWICE while playing for 2 different teams. All State Center at 1 and All State slot back and outside LB at another. And, yes, I've seen Kurt's video. I also have the paid for All-22. I see it exactly how Irvin, Olson, Keyshawn, Coach Jimmy Johnson, Coach Mike McCarthy, Nate Newton, Everson Walls, Moose Johnston and others see it.
Yea....you much more qualified than Warner. :muttley::facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yea....you much more qualified than Warner. :muttley::facepalm:
I agree with Michael Irvin, Greg Olson, Keyshawn Johnson, Coach Jimmy Johnson, Nate Newton, Everson Walls, Moose Johnston, Coach Mike McCarthy and a few others who said the complete opposite and explained how those Interceptions were on our receivers, not Dak.

Are you saying all of them are wrong while Kurt Warner is right? It's apparent you don't like Dak, and that is your right, but are you saying Kurt Warner is correct over several ex-players and coaches (some are 3 time SB champions and in the HOF)?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bottom line is the wheels are going to come off the Dak train over the remainder of the season.
What do you do with your $50,000,000 QB next year?
Dak has NO CONFIDENCE in his own arm and accuracy.
Immediately if you want to salvage this season get Dak out of the pocket at least 50% of the time. It was proven his rookie year he's more accurate on the run, it's easier to read the defense and see open receivers.
Kellen for the good of the team get this man out of the pocket and salvage the season.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I agree with Michael Irvin, Greg Olson, Keyshawn Johnson, Coach Jimmy Johnson, Nate Newton, Everson Walls, Moose Johnston, Coach Mike McCarthy and a few others who said the complete opposite and explained how those Interceptions were on our receivers, not Dak.

Are you saying all of them are wrong while Kurt Warner is right? It's apparent you don't like Dak, and that is your right, but are you saying Kurt Warner is correct over several ex-players and coaches (some are 3 time SB champions and in the HOF)?

Jimmy Johnson, the 3-time Super Bowl winning head coach that said Dak is a 1st read QB that doesn't go through his reads and needs all around him to be perfect? Interesting you would agree with him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson, the 3-time Super Bowl winning head coach that said Dak is a 1st read QB that doesn't go through his reads and needs all around him to be perfect? Interesting you would agree with him.
The very same one who said those Interceptions were not Dak's fault. I'm enjoying watching it eat you up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Eat me up? LOL Dak sucks in my mind and will never bring this team a Super Bowl and if you think that bothers me after 25+ years of Dallas failures than you are sadly mistaken.
It's clearly bothering you. Everyone can see it.