News: Kurt Warner on Dez Bryant: 'We know he's got unique talent, but he's not a great route runner'

visionary

Reaction score
:facepalm:
Made a mistake in posting, please delete...

Putting in my own words:

Kurt Warner did an interview in which he was asked about the Dez Bryant. He stated that he felt like Dez was a very talented receiver, but he ran poor routes. That made it not much of an advantage when Dallas attempted to rely upon him for a specific play. There was not enough creativity involved with the Dallas selections, to give the Zak Prescott and Dez play selection opportunity for success.

No single receiver for Dallas, consistently stood out and dominated no matter what the situation was...or developed.

That can improve, but is not guaranteed...

Dez signed a $70 million dollar contract back in 2015 and after 3 seasons, he has not lived up to that contract.

Dallas has already paid the guaranteed $45 million and owe him for his salary over this and next season. That with a cap hit of $16.5 million each year...and the base salary is $12.5 million a season.

If Dez refuses to renegotiate, then Dallas may be forced to retain him, but must still improved their own ability to challenge opposing defenses better...anyway.

Kurt is "such a hater":rolleyes:

Still remember when Dez was up for his contract and many of us on CZ were against it but the usual CZ homies had a "just pay the man his money" moniker

And we think our FO has a clue lol :lmao2:

visionary

Reaction score
Go watch training camp. He try hard some days but after a few days you'll see he just screws around a most of the time.

Exactly

Then watch what Woodson had to say about Mike in his Path to the Hall video

Then please for the love of God stop comparing those two

Aven8

Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier in the season when Kurt said this on NFL network. He broke down the tape on the all 22 and it was awful. In an offense predicated on a player being in an exact spot and we wonder why this offense and Dak looked so bad.

pacboyX

Reaction score
Throw him open and he's elite.

"Throwing someone open" is easier w speed type receivers who can acccelerate to the spot ur throwing. But if your trying to throw open a possession receiver your most likely throwing an int or pbu. We need speed at WR and coaching that will allow Dak to launch it semiregularly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Throwing someone open" is easier w speed type receivers who can acccelerate to the spot ur throwing. But if your trying to throw open a possession receiver your most likely throwing an int or pbu. We need speed at WR and coaching that will allow Dak to launch it semiregularly.
I was being sarcastic.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
let's be honest, Dez has not really developed much since his rookie year. BUT, none of the WRs really develop. They're using the same moves year after year with less effectiveness year after year.

I'd point to coaching & scheme as the biggest "progress stoppers" in Dallas.

Look at Ryan Switzer. All off-season was about how dynamic a receiver he is and he'll help the offense and and and... barely gets used on offense. Rod Smith had almost 4x the targets as Switzer.

I want Dez to come roaring back to prove ppl wrong. but part of me wants to see Dez end up elsewhere. if he fails, it was him, if he succeeds, maybe it'll be yet another thing that helps push big changes on the sidelines & coaching boothes At least we'll know.

cern

Reaction score
his "unique talents" have been seriously diminishing the last two years. given his age and recent injury history, I don't see him ever again playing at the level he did a few years ago. cut bait. save the money for more pressing needs.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Poor route Runner after so many years in the league. Can he not be coached up? I'm not talking about the speed to separate I'm talking about running the route as it's been designed, a route tree cannot be that hard to comprehend. Are the coaches not coaching? Is Dez being allowed to do what he wants just because he can out muscle the guy for the ball? I don't care how much physical talents you have if you can't comprehend the route tree or accept coaching you don't belong. The same goes for the coaches if they are not demanding precision on the routes.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the coaching and the failure of the scheme also have a lot to do with the decline of the offense and also the quarterback play was pretty bad

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
If anyone thinks dez can’t run routes, they don’t understand how our scheme has hurt him the past couple years without tony.

He runs the dig better than almost any WR playing today. And he’s easily one of the top 10 slant guys.

Last I checked, the end zone fade was a route too, or nah?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Name one WR who’s posted more TDs since entering the league. I have all day.

He also got more yards of separation than Julio or AJ green per route. But, trash.

And about 80% of those TD,s were in 2014 and before, nice try though cherry picking stats trying to make a point. And no the end zone fade isn't a route, even that which is supposedly his bread and butter has had a low success rate lately. I will however give him one more year before passing final judgement. As of right now he appears slow, not very explosive, and lets even very average DB's take him out of the game

visionary

Reaction score
If anyone thinks dez can’t run routes, they don’t understand how our scheme has hurt him the past couple years without tony.

He runs the dig better than almost any WR playing today. And he’s easily one of the top 10 slant guys.

Last I checked, the end zone fade was a route too, or nah?

Yes, you know more than former players and analysts :rolleyes: