News: Kurt Warner on Dez Bryant: 'We know he's got unique talent, but he's not a great route runner'

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If anyone thinks dez can’t run routes, they don’t understand how our scheme has hurt him the past couple years without tony.

He runs the dig better than almost any WR playing today. And he’s easily one of the top 10 slant guys.

Last I checked, the end zone fade was a route too, or nah?
In other words, it's Dak's fault since "he can't throw accurately into tight windows"? Bring back Romo, eh? lol. Smh

Frozen700

Reaction score
Fact is, he's still a weapon, especially one on one. So get a guy who can do the things he cannot, and let a defense choose who to let be single covered

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fact is, he's still a weapon, especially one on one. So get a guy who can do the things he cannot, and let a defense choose who to let be single covered
Maybe my memory is snake-bitten, but wasn't he getting shut down by middling CB's one-on-one for large parts of this year?
I could be wrong... but I seem to have taken note of that during several games.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry Rice has been retired for 13 years and is 55 years old. I would still take him over Dez in an instant.

Jerry and Michael Irvin were the hardest working receivers I have seen.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I wonder how much time all these put into researching Dez's route running capabilities before declaring him a poor route runner.

GenoT

Reaction score
Keep in mind that it took Romo and Dez almost three full seasons together before they started “connecting” with any real consistency...and that was pre-injuries/pre-mega $$ Dez.

Not saying Dak-Dez can’t succeed but Bryant appears to be in decline.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
not like Dak could find him if he ran the right route.. "tunnel vision" only can find him if he stares him down from the start of the play until the end...
the janitors call him "hit or miss" when he goes to the bathroom too.. they've wore out several mops cleaning the floor beside the toilets.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
And about 80% of those TD,s were in 2014 and before, nice try though cherry picking stats trying to make a point. And no the end zone fade isn't a route, even that which is supposedly his bread and butter has had a low success rate lately. I will however give him one more year before passing final judgement. As of right now he appears slow, not very explosive, and lets even very average DB's take him out of the game

LLLOOLLL

cern

Reaction score
Maybe my memory is snake-bitten, but wasn't he getting shut down by middling CB's one-on-one for large parts of this year?
I could be wrong... but I seem to have taken note of that during several games.
You are not wrong. I think it was the skins first game he was shut out by a rookie corner.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
The only teams likely to take Dez with a $16.5M cap hit for EACH of the next two seasons is a team with a ton of cap room like the 49ers, Browns, Colts, Jets. Even that seems unlikely.

He'll probably be cut (preferably post June 1) to open up $12.5M in cap room for 2018.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Is this really news to anybody?

Dez has not exactly been a crisp route runner since he got drafted, so this is like captain obvious stuff here from Kurt Warner.