La’el ejection play clarification

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You said I am wrong on all counts yet you agree with me on all counts. Odd.

AS far as Collins, I love what he did too. But he took it too far and got what he deserved.
I wasn't really criticizing your post as much as I was saying Collins did right by his teammates, but yeah he was rightfully rejected too and penalty was the right call

ksadler1

Reaction score
It should have been 1st and 10 Cowboys, just 15 yards farther back. It was a between-downs foul by Collins.

Another case of being screwed by the zebras.

This is the correct answer. I posted the same concern after the play. The penalty occurred AFTER the play was over and Dallas had converted the first down. The 15 penalty yards should have been tacked on but it should have been Dallas ball 1st and 10 after the penalty. Also, the 15 yards should have been from where the 1st down was gained, not from the original LOS. How could the refs screw that call up that bad? Just wait, the NFL will issue an apology later this week...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wasn't really criticizing your post as much as I was saying Collins did right by his teammates, but yeah he was rightfully rejected too and penalty was the right call

Collins just always seems to do that extra emotionally dumb thing. Zeke was doing the same thing, but he didnt do it onto the field and almost punch the guy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hit was good. Was not late.

Dak-Hit-GIF.gif
You're right, 100% but it wasn't necessary. And the hit wasn't why Collins reacted. He mentioned that he was rolling into Daks legs and didn't have to.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is the correct answer. I posted the same concern after the play. The penalty occurred AFTER the play was over and Dallas had converted the first down. The 15 penalty yards should have been tacked on but it should have been Dallas ball 1st and 10 after the penalty. Also, the 15 yards should have been from where the 1st down was gained, not from the original LOS. How could the refs screw that call up that bad? Just wait, the NFL will issue an apology later this week...

This is the crux of the problem: there is no consistency with officiating. The Cowboys won today so I will forget about this call. But someday a mistake like this is going to cost a game. In that case, instead of the standard apology, teams should be rewarded something more when errors like this are made. Like a compensatory draft pick (yes, I'm being serious).

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It seems like they make up **** as they go. Should've probably been a late hit personal foul on WFT, and even with Collins' fight, it was after the play so it should've been tacked on after the 1st. Should've been 1st and 25 IMO, but who the F knows.

It seems like you don't pay attention.

This has been a rule forever. Otherwise, every free play would end with someone getting blasted

zerofill

Reaction score
Collins just always seems to do that extra emotionally dumb thing. Zeke was doing the same thing, but he didnt do it onto the field and almost punch the guy.

Yeah I will take that emotion though, over the Andy Dalton handling. Have to keep the swinging parts in check. But, better than doing nothing.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
And that was the KEY play in the 4th quarter that caused the momentum change. After that penalty, the Cowboys of course had to punt, instead of continuing their drive with Coop's catch, letting them eat more clock...that would have sucked the life out of WFT.

Instead, the Cowboys punted, then the WFT scored (Quinn got soft on the defensive play calls :mad:), and the next you thing you know the game is much closer than it should've been after Dak's bad interception returned for a TD.

But it all started with that Collins personal foul, and the ref's making that a pre-play-ending personal foul instead of an after-the-play personal foul. I do think the refs screwed up too, but lesson learned by Collins and the team, that you still have to keep your cool. That "I'm protecting my QB!" emotional outburst penalty was what started that momentum swing. And what a swing it was. Sheesh! The game turned into a nailbiter.

And oh by the way, it was a legal play, Dak was still in the field of play when the guy pushed him. :facepalm:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It seems like you don't pay attention.

This has been a rule forever. Otherwise, every free play would end with someone getting blasted
I'm not a ******* ref dude, I'm calling what I see on the field. If that's the rule then that's the rule.