La’el ejection play clarification

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why is everyone being an *** **** right now? I didn't see the replay of the hit to land him out of bounds because I was doing play by play dude. And I admitted that I "FIGURED" the fight would be after the play so the penalty should be following the play. **** off if you don't have nothing cordial to say.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you claim to be a big fan but have no understanding of basic rules.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Perhaps you should ask yourself why you claim to be a big fan but have no understanding of basic rules.
So explain the basic rules of football, genius. More than "I" want clarification Mr Rule book.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
One of the officials went flying after the play.

Lael has a pretty good uppercut.

Hope he's not suspended.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We can all get our points across without being a prick.

Exactly. I don't expect all here to share my opinions. I mean, look at me. I'd say I'm a rather unique poster with a unique way of posting with a unique profile picture. I clearly know that I'm not going to share 100% of the opinions with the others. Ironically, it's the opposing opinions that make sports chats more enjoyable, as long as it's respectful.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Exactly. I don't expect all here to share my opinions. I mean, look at me. I'd say I'm a rather unique poster with a unique way of posting with a unique profile picture. I clearly know that I'm not going to share 100% of the opinions with the others. Ironically, it's the opposing opinions that make sports chats more enjoyable, as long as it's respectful.
Exactly, disagree but don't be rude, that's what is wrong with this country today. Too many rude people.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The rule I posted says double foul "during a down," not during a play.

Since the foul occured after the play and not during the play (which the refs clearly stated) and was a dead ball foul, it should have been applied after the 1stdown and rwsukted in a first and 10, 15 yards fronthe spot of the foul.

Reactions: CWR

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Since the foul occured after the play and not during the play (which the refs clearly stated) and was a dead ball foul, it should have been applied after the 1stdown and rwsukted in a first and 10, 15 yards fronthe spot of the foul.

Where does this rule distinguish between during the play, after the play, dead ball?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Sure it was, buddy. Sure it was. Produce follow-up evidence of such like there's sure to be if in fact it was the wrong call. I'll wait. Forever.
Personal foul after the play is always enforced after the first down-except in this case -wrong call

Mannix

Reaction score
Sure.............it was another case of an idiot like Collins doing something stupid and getting penalized for it.

And then the homers on this forum trying every way they can to make it seem like the refs and the league are out to get us. LOL
That was a punch??? No player for no other team gets suspended for that!!!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this seems to be exactly how the officials executed the penalty. Damn, no conspiracy!! It was definitely confusing, but it looks like they got it right...other than the fact that ejecting Collins was overkill, IMO.

The rule says if the infraction happens DURING the down, which it did not.