La’el ejection play clarification

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You're right, 100% but it wasn't necessary. And the hit wasn't why Collins reacted. He mentioned that he was rolling into Daks legs and didn't have to.
Looks like he was trying to Hurt him in slow motion review

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Hard to know if intent was here. He rolls over once and stands.

After-Throw-GIF.gif
Dak is lucky that knee missed his leg and ankle it came close

DripTooHard

Reaction score
The real question is will La el Collins play next week, or will he be suspended based on his track record of suspensions? I say 2 games minimum.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this seems to be exactly how the officials executed the penalty. Damn, no conspiracy!! It was definitely confusing, but it looks like they got it right...other than the fact that ejecting Collins was overkill, IMO.

I reckon the red card was due to the punch, which is an automatic send off because this isn't the NHL. That said, my complaint isn't so much with the calls as opposed to what was not called that play. I think the player Collins punched was supposed to receive a penalty for the late hit on Dak. That's where my complaint with the call is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dirty player. Glad Collins gave him hell.

The only downside was that the player Collins punched wasn't penalised on the dirty hit. It was a late hit, and it had earned the call imo. I'm not upset at Collins, nor do I think the red card to him was unjust. My only dispute here is that the other player got off Scott-free.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Zeke will get suspended and we will all thank Goodell for putting him out of his misery.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm not a ******* ref dude, I'm calling what I see on the field. If that's the rule then that's the rule.

But you'd know that if you pay attention. Ignorance and strong opinions are a deadly mix

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only downside was that the player Collins punched wasn't penalised on the dirty hit. It was a late hit, and it had earned the call imo. I'm not upset at Collins, nor do I think the red card to him was unjust. My only dispute here is that the other player got off Scott-free.
Kinda hard to overlook. What gives with the on-again-off-again refs?

Edited

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Down is over on a dead ball-you are not serious are you? you are wrong

no conspiracy but that was the wrong call

Sure it was, buddy. Sure it was. Produce follow-up evidence of such like there's sure to be if in fact it was the wrong call. I'll wait. Forever.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Kinda hard to overlook. What gives the on-again-off-again refs?

Sadly, I don't know the reason with that. It's similar a bit though with the red card that Wright got on the punt return against the Raiders on Thanksgiving Day where he was tackled OB but got the card instead o the Raider.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
lets be happy that zeke doesnt get suspended for 3 games for getting a penalty while not being on the field

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
But you'd know that if you pay attention. Ignorance and strong opinions are a deadly mix
Why is everyone being an *** **** right now? I didn't see the replay of the hit to land him out of bounds because I was doing play by play dude. And I admitted that I "FIGURED" the fight would be after the play so the penalty should be following the play. **** off if you don't have nothing cordial to say.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why is everyone being an *** **** right now? I didn't see the replay of the hit to land him out of bounds because I was doing play by play dude. And I admitted that I "FIGURED" the fight would be after the play so the penalty should be following the play. **** off if you don't have nothing cordial to say.

Shocking the tension here despite the WIN. One would think we lost the game with how some are talking to one another here.