News: La'el Collins has a Torn Ligament in his Toe

conner01

Reaction score
They should call up mackenzie bernadeau and get him ready. We are one injury away from a real problem.
That's the real problem. Leary can step right in but now depth gets thin. Hopefully smith is fine and we can add a guard but adding one means cutting someone too unless we put Collins on IR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His pride probably hurts worse than his toe after he went flying 5 yards backwards last night looking like a victim of a Mike Tyson uppercut.

Craig

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna come in here and say I wonder how does the "Trade Leary" crowd feel about this. Guys wanted to trade him for a 5th or 6th rounder.....
Its a shame but this is the only way they could learn how incredibly stupid and shortsighted that idea was.

Not that I think they'll have actually learned anything from this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its a shame but this is the only way they could learn how incredibly stupid and shortsighted that idea was.

Of course they won't. These are the same ones who probably had us 0-3 at this point in the season.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And this is why it was such a great idea not to settle for a trade involving Leary. Gotta have depth and he will step in and not miss a beat.
While I never wanted to "settle" for a trade, since I was hoping for something equal to the value of a starting guard, I am now glad a trade didn't happen.

I still think we should try to get something out of Escobar though ;) :D

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I was gonna come in here and say I wonder how does the "Trade Leary" crowd feel about this. Guys wanted to trade him for a 5th or 6th rounder.....

I was against a trade for a late pick too but if some team sent a 2nd rounder our way..........I would have signed up for Uber and personally drove him to the airport. Then if it came down to an injured guard(Collins in this case), Sonny and Cher's love child would be given the chance to learn LG or RG :D

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was against a trade for a late pick too but if some team sent a 2nd rounder our way..........I would have signed up for Uber and personally drove him to the airport. Then if it came down to an injured guard(Collins in this case), Sonny and Cher's love child would be given the chance to learn LG or RG :D

Oh me too. If a team offered me a 1st or 2nd I'm down for the trade. But realistically it was going to be a 5th or 6th rounder and it wasn't worth it.

cej757

Reaction score

Leary didn't want to be here either. You act like the Cowboys weren't gonna have another backup in mind if they did trade Leary. Guards are much easier to replace than the Tackle position. I think the Cowboys would've been fine moving him for the right price.

links18

Reaction score
Who would have though a little toe ligament would be so serious?

plymkr

Reaction score
That sucks, is this Collin's contract year also? I remember since he wasn't drafted we signed him to an unusual rookie contract. I thought it was for 2 years, so he'd be a FA after this season. I don't want to lose Collins and Leary in the same offseason.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yes I remember all the "trade Leary" talk. This is why you don't weaken your strongest unit. The Offensive line must be at least 7 deep, injury is an inevitable reality and there has been so many times the Cowboys went critically thin in depth and paid the price.

This is the same reason we kept all of our RB's. It never works when we attempt to strengthen a position by sacrificing depth at another.