La'el Collins Thread - Cleared post 767; visited Cowboys - 05/06/15

Kaiser

Reaction score
You can see his mean streak here towards the end of this play. To me, the attitude and aggression is as big a positive as any of the physical tools he has (which are plentiful).

Also the other guys on the OL are so good (whether he plays OG or OT) they will be able to build scheme primarily about his assignment being "La'el destroys guy in front of him".

I've never been on the bandwagon for Adrian Peterson but if they sign Collins they could tell him that this OL will make him the single season rushing record holder, and if he wants to be in the NFL record books for that he needs to play here for less money.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I will pay Collins
in a house.
I will pay Collins
with a mouse.
I will pay Collins
here or there.
I will pay Collins
anywhere.
I will pay Collins with green eggs and ham.
I will pay him, Sam-I-am.

Umm, you're Kaiser.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The press leaks about the next stop for the FA being wooed are SOP for every agent in football. It only takes one text message to place in the press and it helps the agent keep some small appearance of having leverage. Greg Hardy's agent did the exact same thing, their was another visit scheduled right after Dallas - which didn't happen.

popp1234

Reaction score
The press leaks about the next stop for the FA being wooed are SOP for every agent in football. It only takes one text message to place in the press and it helps the agent keep some small appearance of having leverage. Greg Hardy's agent did the exact same thing, their was another visit scheduled right after Dallas - which didn't happen.

But what leverage has his client, financially? He is an UDFA. Teams can only pay him so much.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think this is a Miami/Cowboys battle. If he truly is coming back to visit Valley Ranch this weekend, that's a great sign.

erod

Reaction score
Grew up a Cowboys fan.

Close to home.

Best offensive line in football.

Not a bidding war.

I like our chances more and more.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Which I have pointed out numerous times is a fixed amount for all undrafted free agents. His pay cannot exceed $1.575 million. Here, there, or anywhere.

So he will go for the max he can earn. That's all he can do

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I have read rumors that Seattle is interested too.

The majority if not all of the league will be interested and seek a meeting. It's a chance to get a 22 year old stud OL for basically peanuts. That's why I don't see how he can possibly make a quick decision.