Twitter: La'El Collins working out for Dallas

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
All these guys mocking this are the same jokers who get pissed every time Philly and San Fran signs a washed up player, and complain that they are still trying to get better while we "like our guys"

God I hate Cowboy "fans"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am going to go ahead and assume that you know nothing about his time in Dallas. Would recommend you do some research. One of the lowest character / selfish humans we have ever had on this team. A Jerry move all the way that did nothing but hurt the team and now we are willing to revisit the mistake as though it never happened. Madness.
Maybe you need to take your own advice and do some more research.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Sometimes I don’t get peoples reaction to things. Who can possibly be upset that they are working him out. The only thing to get upset about would be for them to sign him, put him in the game, find out he sucks and costs us the game. We are so far off from that happening that there’s nothing really even to discuss at this point. Just let it unfold. If they sign him then he obviously showed them something. If he ever sees the field it would likely be in a desperate situation and we might be glad we have him even if he kind of sucks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sometimes I don’t get peoples reaction to things. Who can possibly be upset that they are working him out. The only thing to get upset about would be for them to sign him, put him in the game, find out he sucks and costs us the game. We are so far off from that happening that there’s nothing really even to discuss at this point. Just let it unfold. If they sign him then he obviously showed them something. If he ever sees the field it would likely be in a desperate situation and we might be glad we have him even if he kind of sucks.
well...Im all for kicking some tires. Cant hurt, but my feeling is, why did we wait so long? We had a chance earlier in the year to resign Peters before he went to Seattle. We had him here last year. I kinda think we waited a bit longer than needed. Lets see what we do I guess. I like him at guard fro depth.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He knows the schemes and system and playbook, or 70% of it that did not change.
You have anyone better in mind out there?
This^^^^^ I mean if his head is in the right place, he's probably the best option out there. It's an easier transition like you said. No problem with this at all....

Rayman70

Reaction score
I totally agree! I'm not getting some of the negative responses here.
I think many fans are struggling with the fact he cheated on a piss test and is lazy. Put the team in a bind. But I am willing to see what he can do.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I was the first one rooting for the guy to be kicked out, and I'll be the first one rooting for him to be re-signed.
  • If he used his healing time to once again max out on Burger King and Playstation it will be very obvious when he reports for his physical today and Cowboys won't bring him in.
  • If he hasn't learned his lesson by now, I don't know what else will. He has one chance to redeem himself. If he doesn't, easy cut.
  • If he is anywhere close to what he used to be, he's the best option we have. And he should pick up offense quickly.
Personnel staff and GM just didn't take O-Line and RB serious enough. That's why they are getting desperate with this type of invite. Defense is coming together again if you haven't noticed, just like they did last year. O-Line quickly falling apart, especially from injuries, and looking like beginning of the season again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All these guys mocking this are the same jokers who get pissed every time Philly and San Fran signs a washed up player, and complain that they are still trying to get better while we "like our guys"

God I hate Cowboy "fans"
Haha right.

And its funny I was gonna bring up a similar stance....

I was for kicking the tires on Shaq Leonard even knowing he probably sucked.

Keeping the same energy here. Let's see what Collins has. NFL is a funny place. Guys get around their old teammates and all of a sudden find motivation and step their game up. Some guys just continue to stink. Either way, Collins was a good Cowboy and at 30 it doesn't hurt to see what's there.

Some of these guys just don't get it. Larry Allen isn't out there available. But you find the diamond in the roughs and you find them by kicking the tires.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Had the ability and talent but once he got paid, he was lazy and couldn't be trusted on or off the field.....I don't expect things to change with him...

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Every is on here always complaining about us not making any moves now we make one and people like you still whining and complaining. Fans like you are never happy. If the Niners or Eagles made this move you’d be on here praising them and their front office with ‘why can’t the Cowboys do something like this’
you do realize if all goes well he goes to the practice squad, and won't be able to get into a game for who knows how long? I dunno, maybe we could have foreseen late season injuries a few weeks ago and have the bodies available next week? Well I guess if nothing else we'll have a terrific practice squad build on a broken OL and a WR named Bryant, but not Dez

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I was the first one rooting for the guy to be kicked out, and I'll be the first one rooting for him to be re-signed.
  • If he used his healing time to once again max out on Burger King and Playstation it will be very obvious when he reports for his physical today and Cowboys won't bring him in.
  • If he hasn't learned his lesson by now, I don't know what else will. He has one chance to redeem himself. If he doesn't, easy cut.
  • If he is anywhere close to what he used to be, he's the best option we have. And he should pick up offense quickly.
Personnel staff and GM just didn't take O-Line and RB serious enough. That's why they are getting desperate with this type of invite. Defense is coming together again if you haven't noticed, just like they did last year. O-Line quickly falling apart, especially from injuries, and looking like beginning of the season again.
I'm only good with this if we also re-sign Emmitt ... or DeMarco Murray.