Twitter: La'El Collins working out for Dallas

1942willys

Reaction score
I love any win we get but am skeptical we will win it all until we do
28 years of futility after so many years of winning it all or being right there will do that to you

starfan1

Reaction score
Just what this team needs. Lazy ex player who constantly showed up out of shape. Culture changer there.
honestly we need bodies he would be a good signing. heck It wouldnt shock me he come in and better than steele although thats not a high bar right now

WTtoolman

Reaction score
I absolutely loved watching him blow up LBs and safeties at the second level when he played guard for us!! But that was many years ago. I'd still like to see what he has left in the tank.

pitt33

Reaction score
He’s gotta tip the scales at close to four bills now.

exciter

Reaction score
could he really be any worse than Edoga? who tends to shy away from blocking anyone by himself.
Lol, when you hear analysts talking about offensive line cohesion and communication they’re not just saying it to hear themselves talk. Earlier in the season, when he practiced with the starters multiple weeks and played in consecutive games Edoga played fairly well… better than most of the swings we’ve had in recent years. Watching that play, the LB came on a delayed blitz. Edoga stepped inside to pick him up as he had the shortest route to the QB. Tyler stepped off his double team and picked him up. That would lead a reasonable person to conclude that it was a communication issue caused by lack of cohesion from not playing together and not some silly gibberish that the player is afraid of contact and blocking!

That said, considering Collins couldn’t even hold onto a practice squad position with the Giants I doubt he’d be a better option as this point!

CCBoy

Reaction score
According to Cowboys insider Todd Archer of ESPN, the Cowboys are having workouts for offensive lineman La'el Collins and linebacker Damien Wilson today. Both of them enjoyed multi-year tenures in Dallas.

"The Cowboys are bringing in familiar faces for workouts today in OL La’el Collins and LB Damien Wilson, according to sources. Collins played for the Cowboys for 2015-21. Wilson played for Dallas from 2015-18," Archer wrote.

Collins played his first six seasons with the Cowboys but suffered an injury with the Bengals last year and was released early in the 2023 season while continuing to recover.

Wilson played all 64 games for the Cowboys between 2015 and 2018 but has bounced around the league over the last few years and has not played this season.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/cowboys-are-bringing-in-two-familiar-faces-for-workouts-tuesday

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol, when you hear analysts talking about offensive line cohesion and communication they’re not just saying it to hear themselves talk. Earlier in the season, when he practiced with the starters multiple weeks and played in consecutive games Edoga played fairly well… better than most of the swings we’ve had in recent years. Watching that play, the LB came on a delayed blitz. Edoga stepped inside to pick him up as he had the shortest route to the QB. Tyler stepped off his double team and picked him up. That would lead a reasonable person to conclude that it was a communication issue caused by lack of cohesion from not playing together and not some silly gibberish that the player is afraid of contact and blocking!

That said, considering Collins couldn’t even hold onto a practice squad position with the Giants I doubt he’d be a better option as this point!
it happened multiple times during that game. sorry, not impressed with Edoga and even if the LB came in on a delayed blitz, its inside and Tyler is there, who had already engaged him and edoga was late to the party. he could clearly see the DE wasn't being blocked. so instead he chose to engage a defender who was already engaged with an OL man and double him instead of picking up the open defender with a bee line to the QB.....

no, not a communication issue. its stupidity

CCBoy

Reaction score
Already been posted...
This was a partial quote, the other was in the news section...go ahead and throw this away....at least I made it apparent on our main board.:flagwave:

By the way, I'm NOT affiliated with Harvard!! :starspin:

BigD5

Reaction score
Sign them both. They have to be better than what we’ve got right now on the Oline and LB group bc of all the injuries

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Hell he might even be better than Steele at this point, Steele has been awful this year, frequently gets worn out.
I don't get why they don't send more help his way, the RB frequently aligns at the left side and leave Steele on an island.

Reaction score
honestly we need bodies he would be a good signing. heck It wouldnt shock me he come in and better than steele although thats not a high bar right now
He's shown that he can play at a high level in the past so maybe he can get his mind right and provide some quality depth,,, everybody makes mistakes.