Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And right now they are wasting the last portion of his career

They are not wasting the last part of his career. They are actively trying to get better and they are paying him well. I think wasting is an inaccurate description.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The 2008 team was made up of the big three, untested rookie deal guys in Rondo, Davis, Perkins, and Allen and vet min guys like Pollard, House, Posey and PJ Brown.

Outside of the two wins, the Lakers the got outclassed and pushed around that series. They couldnt match our physicality. The big difference between that series and the rematch two years later was Ron Artest who added the toughness the previous team lacked

That series was not a blow out. That is a Boston take on what actually happened. Were the Celtics better? Yes. Did they blow out the Lakers? No. The only real blowout game was the last one. All of the other games were close.

Game 1 98-88 Boston
Game 2 108-102 Boston
Game 3 87-81 LA
Game 4 97-91 LA
Game 5 103-98 Boston
Game 6 131-92 Boston

All the games, except the last one, were close. More importantly, that team didn't last. The next year, they lost in the finals to the Lakers and it never won another championship. I don't think you can just get three allstars and lineup average talent around them to win anymore. I also don't think a lot of good talent is just going to lineup to play for vet mins. There are some good teams around the league that could challenge and those teams will be offering money to play. I just don't think that works for the Lakers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lakers have left the table. It appears as if Nola is, indeed, trying to wait till the off season to make a deal. That's a Boston play, IMO.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lakers have left the table. It appears as if Nola is, indeed, trying to wait till the off season to make a deal. That's a Boston play, IMO.
LAL BADLY need and wants the trade. Lakers can't play the rest of the year as is.
Did you see last night's game?
See the team as far away form LBJ as possible on the bench?
These dudes feel he is the superpower trading him and feel betrayed.

Advantage Pels big time.

At the same time Pels don;t wanna play AD again until he is traded and want a deal now. They just love the leverage they have and are flexing on Paul and LAL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LAL BADLY need and wants the trade. Lakers can't play the rest of the year as is.
Did you see last night's game?
See the team as far away form LBJ as possible on the bench?
These dudes feel he is the superpower trading him and feel betrayed.

Advantage Pels big time.

At the same time Pels don;t wanna play AD again until he is traded and want a deal now. They just love the leverage they have and are flexing on Paul and LAL.
Lavar didnt help effectively torching every possible bridge to LA for Ball. I dont know that you can bring Ball back on that team now.

It would really to see how Lebron reacts if no trade happens. That could get really ugly.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I can't guarantee anything. From what iv'e been brought to know very recently it seems this deal is going to happen and the Lakers will have gotten some what robbed, but it is what it is. NO did a great job by not counter offering and the Lakers went too far in offering everything and NO has been ready to say yes for awhile now and will do so late tomorrow morning.

I could be absolutely wrong, but i doubt it. We'll see soon enough.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't guarantee anything. From what iv'e been brought to know very recently it seems this deal is going to happen and the Lakers will have gotten some what robbed, but it is what it is. NO did a great job by not counter offering and the Lakers went too far in offering everything and NO has been ready to say yes for awhile now and will do so late tomorrow morning.

Within two years it will look like a huge win for the Lakers.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Within two years it will look like a huge win for the Lakers.
I don't know what it will end up looking like, but it seems a done deal. I'm not sure how many 1st rd'ers it's gonna be but my guess is three. Probably no 2nd rd'ers.

Gonna be interesting to see what the Lakers roll out as a starting 5 and a 8 man rotation after the trade. I'm hearing Melo inc and some others, not sure exactly what or how. How they expect to win games i don't know. In two years Lebron will be less of a factor, i think they're looking to try and win it all next year with the extra time to fill in the gaps. I'm in limbo atm, i don't know what to think or feel, i'm just gonna roll with it and see.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know what it will end up looking like, but it seems a done deal. I'm not sure how many 1st rd'ers it's gonna be but my guess is three. Probably no 2nd rd'ers.

Gonna be interesting to see what the Lakers roll out as a starting 5 and a 8 man rotation after the trade. I'm hearing Melo inc and some others, not sure exactly what or how. How they expect to win games i don't know. In two years Lebron will be less of a factor, i think they're looking to try and win it all next year with the extra time to fill in the gaps. I'm in limbo atm, i don't know what to think or feel, i'm just gonna roll with it and see.
Its still early enough the season to completely retool and still have a strong cohesive team in the playoffs. Look at the amount of moves the Cavs made last year. Pretty much reshape the whole roster.

Im guessing whatever salary match players the Lakers include will be bought out and wilk likely return to LA. So effectively you are replacing the young players in the rotation.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Also what are seeing that says its close to a done deal. I havent found anything

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Its still early enough the season to completely retool and still have a strong cohesive team in the playoffs. Look at the amount of moves the Cavs made last year. Pretty much reshape the whole roster.

Im guessing whatever salary match players the Lakers include will be bought out and wilk likely return to LA. So effectively you are replacing the young players in the rotation.
NO's buy's out who Pope? I don't think NO will release Zubac, and they won't release Ingram Kuzma Ball or Hart. Lakers got Reggie Bullock from a trade for sly and a 2nd rder with the Pistons. So if the Lakers sign Melo to come off the bench, i just have no idea what their starting 5 is going to look like.

Ok so - Rondo PG, Bullock or Pope if released and brought back SG, Lebron SF, Davis PF, McGee C?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Also what are seeing that says its close to a done deal. I havent found anything
Ok so - Rondo PG, Bullock or Pope if released and brought back SG, Lebron SF, Davis PF, McGee C?

You see that starting 5 making waves in the playoffs? Melo and no bench.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

Lakers looking at next season do or die.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NO's buy's out who Pope? I don't think NO will release Zubac, and they won't release Ingram Kuzma Ball or Hart. Lakers got Reggie Bullock from a trade for sly and a 2nd rder with the Pistons. So if the Lakers sign Melo to come off the bench, i just have no idea what their starting 5 is going to look like.

They would buy out Pope.

Enes Kanter is likely going to be bought out in NY. There will be several more quality vets that will be bought out after the deadline passes

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You see that starting 5 making waves in the playoffs? Melo and no bench.
That starting 5 has a much better chance at doing anything in the playoffs than what they have now.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

What are you seeing that leads you to believe this is happening?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
They would buy out Pope.

Enes Kanter is likely going to be bought out in NY. There will be several more quality vets that will be bought out after the deadline passes
That starting 5 has a much better chance at doing anything in the playoffs than what they have now.
If the Lakers fill in the gaps that quickly, maybe they have a slight chance, they would have to gel very fast. Unlikely i think.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the Lakers fill in the gaps that quickly, maybe they have a slight chance, they would have to gel very fast. Unlikely i think.
Without following up a Lebron signing with another move for a vet star, they were never getting very far this year

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
What are you seeing that leads you to believe this is happening?
I never used the word seeing. If i typed seeing i would have posted something/link with it. Also i never made any kind of guarantee and indicated i could be very wrong, but i doubt it, we'll see very soon etc.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never used the word seeing. If i typed seeing i would have posted something/link with it. Also i never made any kind of guarantee and indicated i could be very wrong, but i doubt it, we'll see very soon etc.
You said it seems like a done deal. Ive seen nothing indicating that there has been any progress made in the last 24 hours