Lamar Jackson requests a trade

Big D

Reaction score
Please no! We don’t need a QB with a lot of the same deficiencies as Dak! Neither will ever get us to a SB!
If you mean that they both have had offensive coaches that avoid using the rb at all costs then yeah but the similarities end there.

ghst187

Reaction score
this is prime example of 1 player..ie QB yet again, holding a team hostage. Im so sick of it. Thats why I been screaming for a hard QB salary cap like we have a rookie salary cap. It must be done. I think its reasonable business-wise to have a cap for say 4 years or the duration of the contract then it can be reviewed at the owners meetings after 4 years to see if they wanna raise the QB cap. A 4 year cap freeze at QB makes sense then a review. It might avoid what we are seeing right now with Lamar and others.
Totally agree…I was thinking they could do it similar to how the nba does their max contracts. Also, I would think the owners could get something like this done with the NFLPA easily as they could make the accurate claim that the other 95% of the players are getting significantly less because QBs are getting so much of the pie.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamar going to end up in D.C. just a feeling I have which will be under new ownership.

Havic

Reaction score
Jackson was offered a nice chunk of change and keeps wanting to reset the market. Not happening.

What's worse, is you ask for a trade a couple of weeks after teams have spent money in FA.

Dude has some terrible agents.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Do you really think I care if you think I'm a Cowboys fan or not?

You prop up a loser because other losers are better than him.

It's strange, but then again, Dak fans will be Dak fans.
Your posting history, and reporting history, indicates that you worry A LOT about what people think of you.

gtb1943

Reaction score
It's funny when you read social media, people always bring up his mvp season FOUR YEARS AGO. He has pretty average since then, teams have caught on to him and it was a fluke season he had
Mark Rypien was a MVP also and then disappeared. Jackson is pretty much the same.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jackson was offered a nice chunk of change and keeps wanting to reset the market. Not happening.

What's worse, is you ask for a trade a couple of weeks after teams have spent money in FA.

Dude has some terrible agents.
His agent is by far the biggest moron in the NFL!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
If you prefer Jackson you have not watched him the past 3 years and have only seen the highlights.
And they definitely haven't listened to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sounds like a 3rd grader complaining about schoolwork.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's a good football player as long as those legs hold up. But even schemes the last few years have kept him in check and he has played nowhere near his 2019 level He is very much in that Cam Newton camp - he'll never have the accuracy to be a top tier passer, but his legs keep defenses honest that it opens up a lot for him. Once the run becomes less of a threat, you'll see him become like Cam Newton later in his career.
Which appears to be right around the corner. Might have already happened.

kskboys

Reaction score
You know if you're 6 foot or so w/ a slim build but faster'n lightning and slippery'n an eel, and what your career to last more than 5 years, don't play QB. It's just not that complicated. That constant running is going to lead to injuries and a short career. Ask the RBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You know if you're 6 foot or so w/ a slim build but faster'n lightning and slippery'n an eel, and what your career to last more than 5 years, don't play QB. It's just not that complicated. That constant running is going to lead to injuries and a short career. Ask the RBs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's partly the fault of coaches thinking they can turn these guys into pocket passers later in their career. I'm sure one day the NFL will see a player who can both run and throw, but Jackson just is not it.

I'm one of Dak's biggest critics and have been since the near beginning. But he's a much more accurate QB than Jackson. I remember a few members on here going at me when I said Jackson's 2019 season already tossed up some warning signs due to his accuracy issues.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's partly the fault of coaches thinking they can turn these guys into pocket passers later in their career. I'm sure one day the NFL will see a player who can both run and throw, but Jackson just is not it.

I'm one of Dak's biggest critics and have been since the near beginning. But he's a much more accurate QB than Jackson. I remember a few members on here going at me when I said Jackson's 2019 season already tossed up some warning signs due to his accuracy issues.
The reason Lamar had that success in 2019 was largely due the team's nearly unstoppable run game. Throwing against all run defenses can make your passing stats look good. Same situation for Jalen Hurts. Totally different story when you have to throw into coverage.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
lol @ "You and I"

I do not know what the hell Prescott may or may not develop. If he does not, good. If he does, good. I do not dictate what will or will not happen with this team.

Difference? You say it practically every day. Communication is sender, message and receiver. You are the sender. You have articulated your thought concerning Prescott, literally and figuratively, over 20,000 times. This site's members are the receivers.

Who exactly do you think does not know, "You do not mind saying it?" Rhetorical question.

I do not have a daily pathological self-need to say what anyone else wants me to recite in unison. Please. Stop projecting.
All he was doing was expressing himself. Given how much name-calling takes place in this group that should be the focus.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Daks 2023 cap hit $26,832,647
Daks 2022 cap hit $19,730,000

Again show me the huge cap hit restricting our player aquisition please.
With all due respect, the 2023 cap number was due to kicking the can down the road as it was scheduled to be $49M in 2023 and now, after the restructure, Dak's 2023 number is lower but his 2024 number is $59M...which of course will again be kicked down the curb.