Lamb is 14 pounds heavier from last season

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
giphy.gif

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah I agree. This could be a great move by Lamb if he doesn't lose some of his quickness, but bigger isn't always better and I've done a solid job of selling that idea to my wife. There is a reason more players dont try to get to that Deebo/DK/AJ Brown type of size as it's extremely difficult to be that size of human being and still keep that quickness. Time will tell if this gets Lamb to even another level on the field, but this comes with some risk to it.
I'm sure he has taken that into account and if it was a problem for him he would just shed the lbs. Him being in great shape has never been an issue, so I am not concerned. He doesn't seem to have issues with being in peak condition to play the game.

People forget how rail thin he was coming out of Oklahoma. He is just now growing into him NFL frame and that is probably a good thing.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He can trim that in a few days if it becomes a problem. Half of it is probably water weight.

CoachD

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the leaner more athletic look, you know like how he used to look and how Zeke used to look, leave the size to D/O linemen, LBer's, and tight ends.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Uh oh.
That's why Zeke became less of a threat. He put on about twenty pounds, if memory serves, thinking it would make him better.
Instead you could tell he'd lost a step.
I hope the same isn't true for CeeDee.
Zeke only put on 10 pounds (he went from 218 as a rookie to 228 over his first 5 years ) and it was supposed to help him withstand the pounding. He only lost a step after playing 12 games with a partial tear in his MCL. If that's healed then the top end speed should be back which was somewhat confirmed when he took that swing pass 75 yards last season with New England. What happens as athletes get older is they lose quickness, acceleration, and basically quick twitch related motor skills. What an athlete has to do when they start to experience that is they have to adapt their games to account for it. For some guys it's easier and for others it's nigh impossible. I think Zeke will be fine with it. Speed was never the end all be all of his game anyway. The same may be said of CeeDee. He has never had "run by you" speed to begin with. His game is quickness, body control and change of direction. Bear in mind that there is a certain amount of natural bodily maturity at play with almost all these guys anyway. They come into the league as kids and event become grown *** men.