Lamb is 14 pounds heavier from last season

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He may be built like a tank now, but what made Lamb special was his lateral quickness in and out of cuts. Have to wonder whether the additional bulk will hamper that skill at all.
That would be my thoughts, whether it would affect his speed or quickness.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Doesn't look like it

th
Let that man eat!

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Zeke only put on 10 pounds (he went from 218 as a rookie to 228 over his first 5 years ) and it was supposed to help him withstand the pounding. He only lost a step after playing 12 games with a partial tear in his MCL. If that's healed then the top end speed should be back which was somewhat confirmed when he took that swing pass 75 yards last season with New England. What happens as athletes get older is they lose quickness, acceleration, and basically quick twitch related motor skills. What an athlete has to do when they start to experience that is they have to adapt their games to account for it. For some guys it's easier and for others it's nigh impossible. I think Zeke will be fine with it. Speed was never the end all be all of his game anyway. The same may be said of CeeDee. He has never had "run by you" speed to begin with. His game is quickness, body control and change of direction. Bear in mind that there is a certain amount of natural bodily maturity at play with almost all these guys anyway. They come into the league as kids and event become grown *** men.
Zeke's speed is back? My goodness Ronnie never learns. It could be year 2085 and Zeke will be on a walker with diapers yet Ronnie will still try to tell us that he has some prime left.

GINeric

Reaction score
What's scares me about him bulking up AND holding out is... his body is probably not used to game action speed and making cuts with this new weight.

I hope this inactivity doesn't make him an ACL or MCL waiting to happen.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well that's just swell will pay him $35 million and he'll get popped for steroid use

That's too much weight to put on naturally in an offseason not even a full year.
15 lb in 6 months has steroids written all over it and he will no doubt be tested.

If Jerry is smart he tests him before he pays him because I'm sure the league is going to test him and if he's out a bunch of games that certainly isn't helping us.

Beyond that we have the unknown of how the weight gain will affect his game be it good bad or indifferent no guarantees about that either. Since he's not attending training camp no way to judge how the weight has affected him.

Personally I'm a little leery of putting that much weight .He was a Randy Moss looking receiver to me and probably should have stayed that way putting on maybe 5 lb a year would have been natural in my opinion

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lamb always seemed just a little on the thin side to me, but 14 extra pounds will absolutely show up in a sprint. I knew a couple pro bodybuilders, and they always told me that you can't really gain more than about 6-8 pounds of real, pure muscle in a year without some "help". The extra will obviously be water and fat. Not sure if in Lamb's case, it will really matter if he loses a touch off the top, he never was a "burner".
Hopefully CD is not getting any "help" if you know what I mean, LOL!

True story............I have a friend from back at my days at UT and he exercised like crazy but he could just never put any muscle on at all, didnt matter how many trips to the gym he made, or protein shakes he drank, he just could never put on any muscle.

Well, he was having some medical issues and had to undergo a full battery of tests and they discovered his testosterone level was like really low, like 200. They put him on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) and his numbers increased to like the 600-700 range. Due to his medical issue, he had to stop exercising so much, so he dropped his trips to the gym to like just once per week. Guess what happened?

Despite very little exercise, he put on about 10 pounds of muscle over the next year from literally just the testosterone shots every two weeks. Yeah, hormones can make a BIG difference;)

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Uh oh.
That's why Zeke became less of a threat. He put on about twenty pounds, if memory serves, thinking it would make him better.
Instead you could tell he'd lost a step.
I hope the same isn't true for CeeDee.
I think Zeke just lost a step I'm not sure if putting on muscle had anything to do with it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
What's scares me about him bulking up AND holding out is... his body is probably not used to game action speed and making cuts with this new weight.

I hope this inactivity doesn't make him an ACL or MCL waiting to happen.
Agreed unless you're a bear going into hibernation throwing on that much weight in such a short time makes me a little skeptical.

It would be different if he was an offensive lineman weighing 300 lb and going to 315.

But a guy who depends on his speed and ability to make cuts I would definitely like to see the finished product in camp and preseason before I made any decision on paying him.

Heck they've played around with Mazi Smith's weight now and the jury still out on him.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
That is a lot of weight to add as an adult, much less in one offseason. Even if it is all lean mass, it is a bit concerning. I started working out hard the summer between 10th and 11th grade, and hit puberty, and came back to football camp 30 lbs heavier. Promptly tore my Achilles. That extra mass, even if pure muscle, is another load on your tendons, ligaments, and skeleton. Hope for the best for him.

J12B

Reaction score
Those are the Pegasus 41 in Volt. I have those shoes too.